• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

iX7Ig.jpg

Never again. ;_;

cr7 will join arsenal next summer

omgkitty

I'm pretty sure Wooden said Viviano is a second or third-choice GK for Palermo. I don't even remember if he was the first choice for Fiorentina last season. Either way I don't see him as a better replacement to Chesney but then I don't think we took him in to replace Chesney anyway.

We needed a striker but I guess we will have to depend on Giroud to be sexy enough to save us from relegation.

He made 32 appearances for them last season. He was their first choice.

Suen

I did but only to try and make some fun of Arsenal. He was the third choice this year only because he cam back from loan together with Ujkani and Sorrentino was already at the club. Meaning Palermo suddenly had 3 keepers of Serie A level and Viviano was the only one who seemed to completely deny staying in Serie B, so he wasn't used.

If he can regain form he's at least a level above Chesney, it's not that long ago he was the second keeper for the national team.
Viviano has the honor to not fall into Serie B, only want to play for the legendary league, Serie A

#Respect
#FutureItalianCasillas
#Legend

But seriously what you said sounds promising, it will give Chesney some very good competition as soon as Viviano regain form and I feel that we need this very much or else we'll depend on Chesney all the time and there will be no improvement, he'll stay at the same level. Now's the time to give him some good challenge and going by your words Viviano has the experience.

cremino

Madrid fans complaning about a player leaving who most likely wouldn't have had good chance in the first time because he wouldn't have been allowed to leave otherwise...

Meanwhile Ajax bought no one. I'm the one who cries.

Ajax bought Duarte

Am I missing something or what is the obsession with deadline day from clubs in the PL? Obviously not talking about stuff like Özil, that of course was delayed because Spurs were (understandably) dicks and delayed the Bale deal.

There are so many deals made in the last few hours in the UK, noticeably different to, well, I can only say German clubs because I don't follow the Italian/Spanish/French market all that closely. Here, the clubs are looking to have the majority done by the start of pre-season. I can still remember how every BVB forum went nuts because Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan weren't done and we had only signed Sokratis. Zorc's house would had been burned to the ground if he hadn't signed somebody before the start of the season lol

I see that the drama is fun. But is it worth missing a player or two for the first few matches and the new players taking another few weeks to get used to the new club?

Look at Liverpool, they show it's worth it. Brought in the new players early (Aspas, Toure, Mignolet), had a fantastic start in the season and added depth in the last few days (Cissokho, Sakho, Moses)

omgkitty

Our German contingent is growing!

Ozil
Mertesacker
Podolski
Eisfeld
Gnabry
Zelalem

I hope to see Eisfeld, Gnabry and Zelalem integrated into the team more this season. All 3 seem to have bright futures ahead of them, especially Zelalem. Now we need to keep it alive and sign someone like Muller or Hummels next! :p

Wilbur

Banned
Am I missing something or what is the obsession with deadline day from clubs in the PL? Obviously not talking about stuff like Özil, that of course was delayed because Spurs were (understandably) dicks and delayed the Bale deal.

There are so many deals made in the last few hours in the UK, noticeably different to, well, I can only say German clubs because I don't follow the Italian/Spanish/French market all that closely. Here, the clubs are looking to have the majority done by the start of pre-season. I can still remember how every BVB forum went nuts because Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan weren't done and we had only signed Sokratis. Zorc's house would had been burned to the ground if he hadn't signed somebody before the start of the season lol

I see that the drama is fun. But is it worth missing a player or two for the first few matches and the new players taking another few weeks to get used to the new club?

Look at Liverpool, they show it's worth it. Brought in the new players early (Aspas, Toure, Mignolet), had a fantastic start in the season and added depth in the last few days.

English football makes no sense.

nemesun

I'm all nostalgic, getting that Bergkamp vibe all over again. Somebody pinch me, I'm still in disbelief...

Here's to you monsieur Wenger.

As a Manchester United fan, I am "angry and confused." I am in loss of word to what just happened to United this summer.

you lot are too pampered over the years.

I'm all nostalgic, getting that Bergkamp vibe all over again. Somebody pinch me, I'm still in disbelief...

Here's to you monsieur Wenger.

bergkamp was signed by bruce rioch, who thought it was a good idea to play ian right as a winger.

All you fucks wanted Wenger out last week lol

it's amazing how a good signing could do to the morale.

K1LLER7

--------- De Gea ----------

Rafa - Jones - Vidic - Evra

------ Carrick - Fellani ------

Nani ----- Rooney ----- Kagawa

------------ RVP ------------

Play this team, we would win most games. But we won't. Not once this season.

It is awesome for a team like Arouca (we were playing regionals 5 years ago), from a small village, to be able to get players like Ceballos now. Can't wait to see him play!

Good for you. It's better for him to be playing every week in a good league rather than in our U21s. Hope he does well.

Wilbur

Banned
--------- De Gea ----------

Rafa - Jones - Vidic - Evra

------ Carrick - Fellani ------

Nani ----- Rooney ----- Kagawa

------------ RVP ------------

Play this team, we would win most games. But we won't. Not once this season.

That would be my team of choice, apart from Rio instead of Jones for the big games.

Timurid

Definitely.
PM me your steam name. Also who are you going to play as? I'm thinking of starting off with Rome or Athens. It sucks that they didn't include the Seleucid in the launch or the first day patch. :(
Our German contingent is growing!

Ozil
Mertesacker
Podolski
Eisfeld
Gnabry
Zelalem

I hope to see Eisfeld, Gnabry and Zelalem integrated into the team more this season. All 3 seem to have bright futures ahead of them, especially Zelalem. Now we need to keep it alive and sign someone like Muller or Hummels next! :p

Too fucking bad that the USA can't grab Zelalem. I don't want to kid to play internationally with a bunch of chokers for the rest of his life. :(

Lightning

Banned
Let me paint the picture for you: You got a world class player maker feeding into a boy band striker who's likely to get injured in the next 3 matches.

Like bud said, what a waste of a talent.
You've got Moyes which make your entire squad a waste of talent! That's the only picture you need.

#woodward

Linius

Ajax bought Duarte

Let me rephrase: a player who makes our team stronger.

We've been linked with Labyad, Elia and Ola John the past 24 hours and we've contact all three and none of them came. Did multiple tries to get Van Ginkel, not a success. Were after Maher, just another failure. In the end we have nothing. We should have had a good winger and a proper replacement for Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom