• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
I don't know whether to feel more sorry for Moyes or Herrera.

might have a bit of a cry for them both.o
I feel more for Herrara, even lowered his wage terms. My god. I hope we continue the deal and sign him in Jan. pls.

Ok I'm seriously done, good night guys.

Timurid

How do you finish above first?

In all seriousness; As amazing as Ozil is, he's just feeding the ball to Giroud.

Giroud will score 20+ goals this season. He was top scorer in Ligue 1 two years ago. He'll be finding the net easier this year. It's ok to be jealous, but don't attack Giroud.

Nobody cares for shit players in the French league. Turns out Aubameyang isn't one of them, that changes everything.

When OMerde sends your rancid club down the tube. I'll be laughing with my éclair in my hand.

jtb

Banned
For now. You know a talented striker will come and with Cazorla and Ozil here it will be easier to lure one.

Wilshere and Ramsey should continue to improve, also. We've got a strong base to build off of. There's a lot to be optimistic about.

Higuain and Ozil... uh, I don't really feel much regret on missing out on that. Higuain and Ozil linked up at Madrid and it didn't set the world alight. Giroud is a good striker. Better to save the 30m on Higuain and go all in on a truly world class striker. Particularly now that we know Wenger is 1) willing to pull off a deal like this and 2) capable of pulling off a deal like this.

Batigol

Banned
q200Wca.jpg

I honestly can say, we have the strongest midfield in the entirety of premier league:

----Arteta/Flamini---------Wilshere/Rambo

Theo/OX--------Ozil/Rosicky--------Santi/Podolski

If we bring in a quality striker or two during the Jan window, I could see us challenging for the title ( if we manage to stay within the touching distance of 1st that is).

I really want us to throw money at Milan for El Shaarawy. Galliani would sell anyone for the right amount, and he's destined to become an absolutely deadly forward. There seems to be some unrest between him and Allegri too.

How was work Viva?

Yeah how did your first day on the FS go?

The 2014 FS has opened today so gonna apply soon and make sure I nail these tests this time around.

Ah it was good! I spent the first 2 hours of the day on the phone to Manila to try and get my log on details sorted, complete nightmare, can't log on which means I can't actually do any work...so that's not good! Hopefully sorted by tmrw.

Everyone seems cool and whatnot, spoke about football for half the day. Got a good mix of fans.

Kharma - I saw you mention it on twitter! You managed it last year so I'm sure you'll be alright! Was it the etray where you slipped up?

Clegg

I feel more for Herrara, even lowered his wage terms. My god. I hope we continue the deal and sign him in Jan. pls.

Ok I'm seriously done, good night guys.
Idk if we can go back in for him tbh. He may not want to join us after we dicked him around over the last few days.

And we obv don't want to pay his release clause. If we go back in January and activate the clause then we'll have people asking why didn't we do it in September? God we've fucked things up badly.

nemesun

I really want us to throw money at Milan for El Shaarawy. Galliani would sell anyone for the right amount, and he's destined to become an absolutely deadly forward. There seems to be some unrest between him and Allegri too.
I honestly wish we bought HIguain when we had the chance, El Sharawy is way overrated in my book.

For now. You know a talented striker will come and with Cazorla and Ozil here it will be easier to lure one.

I can't see you buying another striker that could potentially put Giroud on the bench, you think you'll get another striker?

I feel like that would go against what Wenger have been doing. Giroud have been gradually getting better, there's no reason to pull him out of the starting 11 now.

Giroud will score 20+ goals this season. He was top scorer in Ligue 1 two years ago. He'll be finding the net easier this year. It's ok to be jealous, but don't attack Giroud.

I actually think Giroud will only improve, I said that before the seasons started:

Giroud is better than you people make him to he, just needs to work more on his confidence.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71974496&postcount=4679

I just wanna be unfairly bitter.

MPW

kaka and his 10m per year salary is not with madrid anymore

that alone makes madrid's transfer season a success

everything else is just gravy

Linius

Reading back on our efforts in the transfer market today makes me so sad. Like always we move in way too late. Right after Arnoutovic is sold we move in for Elia. At that point Weder wasn't going to sell another winger...

Same thing happened with Ola John. At the moment Ajax finally decided to make a move Benfica gets overwhelmed by injuries and won't let go of him.

Labyad turned out to be too expensive. So in the end we just have to do it with what we have. We are so stupid when it comes to transfers and we never seem to learn it too. We have money a plenty to get a good Eriksen replacement before we sell Eriksen but no we're waiting till a couple of days before the deadline ffs.

Forget about signing Herrera. It's gone.

Tbh I reckon we could get a better player for £30m next summer anyway, no slight on Ander I would have loved him, he would have improved us plenty, I just think it wasn't great value...but yeah, I don't even wanna think about next summer, I'm honestly terrified that Woodward is running the club. It's insane.

Reading back on our efforts in the transfer market today makes me so sad. Like always we move in way too late. Right after Arnoutovic is sold we move in for Elia. At that point Weder wasn't going to sell another winger...

Same thing happened with Ola John. At the moment Ajax finally decided to make a move Benfica gets overwhelmed by injuries and won't let go of him.

Labyad turned out to be too expensive. So in the end we just have to do it with what we have. We are so stupid when it comes to transfers and we never seem to learn it too. We have money a plenty to get a good Eriksen replacement before we sell Eriksen but no we're waiting till a couple of days before the deadline ffs.
Lets be our transfer window sucked friends :(

Half way through the Herrera skills video I stopped, I had a pinching feeling.

Few hours later, I was right.

So what the hell was Woodward doing when he left the preseason tour for urgent trasnfer business?

Dearie me.

Didn't lock the backdoors, happens to the best of us.

Dibbz

I can't see you buying another striker that could potentially put Giroud on the bench, you think you'll get another striker?

I feel like that would go against what Wenger have been doing. Giroud have been gradually getting better, there's no reason to pull him out of the starting 11 now

That has always been the plan once we lost RVP. Rumors Arsenal tried to get Cavani for 30m last year.

Linius

Lets be our transfer window sucked friends :(

Guess I'll settle for that lol

Glad to have concluded some good business of my own in Animal Crossing, I move quick and buy and sell at the right time. Overmars could learn a thing or two from my ways of doing business.

rodvik

Am I missing something or what is the obsession with deadline day from clubs in the PL? Obviously not talking about stuff like Özil, that of course was delayed because Spurs were (understandably) dicks and delayed the Bale deal.

There are so many deals made in the last few hours in the UK, noticeably different to, well, I can only say German clubs because I don't follow the Italian/Spanish/French market all that closely. Here, the clubs are looking to have the majority done by the start of pre-season. I can still remember how every BVB forum went nuts because Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan weren't done and we had only signed Sokratis. Zorc's house would had been burned to the ground if he hadn't signed somebody before the start of the season lol

I see that the drama is fun. But is it worth missing a player or two for the first few matches and the new players taking another few weeks to get used to the new club?

Look at Liverpool, they show it's worth it. Brought in the new players early (Aspas, Toure, Mignolet), had a fantastic start in the season and added depth in the last few days (Cissokho, Sakho, Moses)

Get the fuck out with your sustainable model of football.

kharma45

Ah it was good! I spent the first 2 hours of the day on the phone to Manila to try and get my log on details sorted, complete nightmare, can't log on which means I can't actually do any work...so that's not good! Hopefully sorted by tmrw.

Everyone seems cool and whatnot, spoke about football for half the day. Got a good mix of fans.

Kharma - I saw you mention it on twitter! You managed it last year so I'm sure you'll be alright! Was it the etray where you slipped up?

sounds good :) get much stick about United at the weekend?

I didn't even get that far last year, buggered up the verbal test. Made it to the PwC assessment centre out of the two that i applied for, so hoping this time round i can use my experience from both to get to the interview. It was a marginal fail in logical reasoning that held me back with PwC last time around. CS also has a job coming up related to my degree so there is that along with all the other grad schemes that are opening up. Civil service is still what i really want though but its a long wait i did make it. PwC for instance starts in the spring.

K1LLER7

Forget about signing Herrera. It's gone.

Tbh I reckon we could get a better player for £30m next summer anyway, no slight on Ander I would have loved him, he would have improved us plenty, I just think it wasn't great value...but yeah, I don't even wanna think about next summer, I'm honestly terrified that Woodward is running the club. It's insane.
This is Woodward's United.

We laughed at DC and Marwood, this is what we get.

Don't think CM/DM is Fellani's best position but it'll have to work. Marwan n Carrick partnership could work, but it'll be a slow midfield.

kharma45

This is Woodward's United.

We laughed at DC and Marwood, this is what we get.

Don't think CM/DM is Fellani's best position but it'll have to work. Marwan n Carrick partnership could work, but it'll be a slow midfield.

Felliani is fairly mobile.

Nothing for it but to just get behind what we have. I am glad we got someone and Felliani gives us a different dimension from set pieces and some bite to our midfield.

A good season for me is still third in the league, CL knockout and a good go at the FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom