• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

We'll be back for Suarez in January of all goes well for us in the CL and if Liverpool drop off the pace in the PL.

-----------------Arteta-----------
-----------Wilshire---------------
Theo-------Ozil-------Cazorla
-----------Suarez----------------

Will be glorious.

I see lessons have not been learned.

Yen

BTME2wGIEAAYmca.jpg:large

So, best buy of the window?

I'm going with Bale. Expect him to have a great season.

Eto'o will do well too.

Bale is good, but they still have to figure out how they will utilize him and Ronaldo. He won't have the same freedom that Ronaldo had. That plus the money means he's not the best buy.

Barzul

Signing Ozil makes us very attractive to prospective new players and we can can do deals in Jan seeing as we spent less than half our budget. Hope Nik B is up for it till Jan, why in Gods name did Poldi have to get hurt.

My revised premier league standings

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man United
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton

Ozil alone imo is worth 10 PL points.

yella

Forget about signing Herrera. It's gone.

Tbh I reckon we could get a better player for £30m next summer anyway, no slight on Ander I would have loved him, he would have improved us plenty, I just think it wasn't great value...but yeah, I don't even wanna think about next summer, I'm honestly terrified that Woodward is running the club. It's insane.
Our negotiations were that bad? No chance of a January swoop?

GHG

Gold Member
Nah mate. With Madrid in the mix we don't stand a chance at that no matter what Liverpool's position is.

Wait until Liverpool bleed money out of Madrid then steal Benzema!

Based levy helped us a ton with that Bale transfer. Thanks for the assistance Spurs.

We should have gone for Eto'o really. If nothing else he would have been a quality alternative/backup to Giroud. With Ozil we have alternatives if Giroud gets injured:

Theo-------Ozil-------Cazorla
-----------Podolski----------------

Or even:

Ozil-------Cazorla-----Podolski
--------------Theo----------------

I also hear this guy is back:

Nicklas-Bendtner-waves-as-006.jpg

He's a Serie A champion. What could possibly go wrong?

I see lessons have not been learned.

Why so serious?

Don't worry, you've got Sturridge. I hear he's flavor of the month these days
gay.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Could.....could United drop out of the top 4?

Spurs will take a while to settle, our first team is still better than Arsenal's and Liverpool's. Third for us definitively, I think. It'll just be a hell of a lot closer between all six clubs. Couldn't call fourth right now but if I had to put money, Arsenal. City will be the more impressive team goal wise and performance wise, but Chelsea will stay consistent and win shit

if i have to guess

K1LLER7

I dunno man. I really dunno. Shit's gonna be fucking close this year.
I'm worried.

We have quality, but play such predictable football. Even though we have players which allow us to play more through the middle, we still, at every opportunity, choose to send the ball out wide. Don't see that changing much, but hopefully we're more effective at making chances out of crosses with Fellani in the team.

Chelsea have Mou, but they really didn't strengthen their first 11. Midfield and strikers are still a weakness. Fat Frank and Ramirez means United now have a better midfield. All they did was add more depth in attacking midfielders.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm worried.

We have quality, but play such predictable football. Even though we have players which allow us to play more through the middle, we still, at every opportunity, choose to send the ball out wide. Don't see that changing much, but hopefully we're more effective at making chances out of crosses with Fellani in the team.

Mm, we're horrifically predictable. Push the ball back to Ferdinand, who plays it to Carrick, who plays it to Evra, who plays it back to Carrick, who plays it to Valencia, who wastes a cross.

Every three minutes.

Really surprised Chelsea loaned out Lukaku again.

Also think whilst Özil to Arsenal really is an incredible deal it's biggest significance will be symbolically and not on the pitch.

Wilbur

Banned
Agree with you there Viva. Ozil citing Wenger as a reason for picking Arsenal. Them spending the money in the first place. Moving from Real Madrid to there. It sends huge signals.

They still needed a striker and a centre back tho

Chelsea have Mou, but they really didn't strengthen their first 11. Midfield and strikers are still a weakness. Fat Frank and Ramirez means United now have a better midfield. All they did was add more depth in attacking midfielders.

They've got a really really solid back four though and the absolute will to grind out wins, which is what I think they'll do.

bud

seriously, though, i'd genuinely love for them to do a lot better this season. rodgers' liverpool is the most exciting liverpool i've seen in, like, ever. i know it's far from perfect, but their change in football philosophy warms my heart.

K1LLER7

Bale is good, but they still have to figure out how they will utilize him and Ronaldo. He won't have the same freedom that Ronaldo had. That plus the money means he's not the best buy.
I honestly think he will carry over his Spurs form. He'll have a lot more space at madrid considering the other top players teams will have to mark and I expect him to grab 30+ goals this season.

Think he'll start on the right and Ronnie on the left. Madrid look very very strong.

Wilbur

Banned
seriously, though, i'd genuinely love for them to do a lot better this season. rodgers' liverpool is the most exciting liverpool i've seen in, like, ever. i know it's far from perfect, but their change in football philosophy warms my heart.

I just quite like Rodgers really. And Suarez, Gerrard and Agger aside, there's no one there I dislike. I really like Sturridge, I really like Coutinho, I really like Mig and some of their young players.

I can't say I want them to qualify for CL football per se before Willkiller cries again, because I'd rather have 16/17 other fucking clubs there, but I'd rather they were there instead of Chelsea and City at this point.

Rhaegar

That's why I said there are holes in the squad. You've played Sagna at centre back and you're back up striker is Bendtner.

Vermaelen is our backup centre back and will likely be back after the international break. Our backup strikers are really Walcott and Podolski. Walcott was fairly effective there last year and will be even better with both Ozil and Cazorla providing service.

Bendtner sees Carling Cup action, nothing more.

Agree with you there Viva. Ozil citing Wenger as a reason for picking Arsenal. Them spending the money in the first place. Moving from Real Madrid to there. It sends huge signals.

They still needed a striker and a centre back tho

They've got a really really solid back four though and the absolute will to grind out wins, which is what I think they'll do.

I'm just saying that I disagree with people saying Chelsea are a lock for top 2. I think it's a toss up. Chelsea may win the league. They may not. Nothing would surprise me.

Wilbur

Banned
If Giroud and one of Per/Kos are out for any extended period of time I think Arsenal are pretty fucked. Walcott can play upfront but then you lose a huge outlet on the right. Sagna can play in the middle but he's hardly excellent at it. They need far more bodies. They'll be absolutely brilliant to watch this season in spells but Spurs and Liverpool have the depth now.

ShogunX

Why so serious?

Don't worry, you've got Sturridge. I hear he's flavor of the month these days
gay.gif

I'm dropping truth bombs my friend. The Ozil signing has scrambled all of your brains, We wont be selling Suarez to Arsenal. Wenger is back to being a genius, Giroud is now enough up top and you never got handled by Villa.

GHG

Gold Member

And then Suarez dives and bites Ivanovic and the image is ruined. Its all a visage I tell you.

I'm dropping truth bombs my friend. The Ozil signing has scrambled all of your brains, We wont be selling Suarez to Arsenal. Wenger is back to being a genius, Giroud is now enough up top and you never got handled by Villa.

Liverpool fans...

Cat%20Bait.gif

Everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom