• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
overeem_little_girl_kick.gif

context on this cunt?

Lightning

Banned
Well that was a long 50 pages of transfer muppetry.

I like how with one win over Spurs and one big signing has Arsenal fans all optimistic, speaking of title challenges, having the best midfield and bringing in more superstar players.

Ozil was doubtless an important signing and one they needed to do, if only for the psychological effects it will have on the team and the fans, yet his signing has still left Arsenal with gaping holes in their squad.

Would anyone disagree that ultimately Arsenal would have been stronger bringing in 3 £15million players, a GK, CB and DM or perhaps another striker, rather than splashing it all on Ozil? Arsenal are just one or two injuries away from having to bring in 18 year olds and given their record I wouldn't bet against those injuries.

Furthermore, Arsenal fans should be supremely wary of the law of small numbers; 5 games is far too small a sample size to begin making sweeping generalizations about the likes of Ramsay and Giroud. To be fair to Arsenal, every fan, every team is guilty of such errors and we can't particularly say anything about Liverpool, Spurs or any other teams new signings and potential this season from the handful of league games.
You make valid points but these Arsenal players know one another, played with one another for a year, not a massive adjustment to get Ozil running things. We also have the Wenger factor, he may be a frustrating pain in the transfer window, but he is excellent at motivating and getting best out of players and an outright top actual manager.

Our squad is also not as bare as it is being made out to be. It's only because of our current injuries but Arteta and Vermaelen both return before the end of the month. Podolski and Chamberlain will be next 6-8 weeks.

Szczesny
Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna
Wilshere, Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs Fabianski, Monreal, Rosciky, Jenkinson, Flamini and then you have the injuries which will come back.

Only striker is the major issue. The other positions are fine and our next few games are not the hardest games, not top 5 teams in there.

Injuries could screw us over, injuries could screw any team not Chelsea or City over though.

Fry

i recall sakho being highly rated not too long ago

iirc he was once rumoured to replace agger

now we have booooothhhhh

Timurid

The January transfer window opens in about four months. Prepare your body.

Because Thiago Silva.

On a serious note how do you think he will do? You rate him? Sad he left?

I've translated a few PSG forums and the majority are sad to see him leave but wish him all the best at LFC.
I meant the lean. :p

I think he'll do well in England and maybe a future captain at Liverpool who knows. Anyway, I'm kinda sad to a see a future club icon leave, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe he would of stayed if Deschamps kept his mouth shut and put him in the NT. Then that fuck decides to put Abidal over Sakho and fucking abidal was out for a fucking year...

TokiDoki

I like how with one win over Spurs and one big signing has Arsenal fans all optimistic, speaking of title challenges, having the best midfield and bringing in more superstar players.

Ozil was doubtless an important signing and one they needed to do, if only for the psychological effects it will have on the team and the fans, yet his signing has still left Arsenal with gaping holes in their squad.

Would anyone disagree that ultimately Arsenal would have been stronger bringing in 3 £15million players, a GK, CB and DM or perhaps another striker, rather than splashing it all on Ozil? Arsenal are just one or two injuries away from having to bring in 18 year olds and given their record I wouldn't bet against those injuries.

Furthermore, Arsenal fans should be supremely wary of the law of small numbers; 5 games is far too small a sample size to begin making sweeping generalizations about the likes of Ramsay and Giroud. To be fair to Arsenal, every fan, every team is guilty of such errors and we can't particularly say anything about Liverpool, Spurs or any other teams new signings and potential this season from the handful of league games.

Huh no , Giroud and Ramsey form are certainly extending beyond 5 games , they had been excellent in pre-seasons and the later part of last season . Podolski will be back , him and Walcott will definitely fill the space if needed . Cazorla score goals as well .

Barzul

You make valid points but these Arsenal players know one another, played with one another for a year, not a massive adjustment to get Ozil running things. We also have the Wenger factor, he may be a frustrating pain in the transfer window, but he is excellent at motivating and getting best out of players and an outright top actual manager.

Our squad is also not as bare as it is being made out to be. It's only because of our current injuries but Arteta and Vermaelen both return before the end of the month. Podolski and Chamberlain will be next 6-8 weeks.

Szczesny
Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna
Wilshere, Ramsey
Ozil
Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

Subs Fabianski, Monreal, Rosciky, Jenkinson, Flamini and then you have the injuries which will come back.

Only striker is the major issue. The other positions are fine and our next few games are not the hardest games, not top 5 teams in there.

Injuries could screw us over, injuries could screw any team not Chelsea or City over though.
Can't wait for Arteta to get back, the man's a leader. We got so unlucky with the Poldi and Chambo injuries. We would have had real depth with them fit. Guess we'll have to make do for now.

Dibbz

We brought in a DM a GK and Sagna reborn into a CB all for £0. Wengernomics brah. Holes filed. No tears only Özil.

GorillaJu

Maybe we'll let you jump ahead of us in the league table for a week or so, that way when we beat you we can finally say we beat a team above us <3

Timurid

Answer the questions!!!!!!
I meant the lean. :p

I think he'll do well in England and maybe a future captain at Liverpool who knows. Anyway, I'm kinda sad to a see a future club icon leave, but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe he would of stayed if Deschamps kept his mouth shut and put him in the NT. Then that fuck decides to put Abidal over Sakho and fucking abidal was out for a fucking year...

Barzul

You know what after reflecting it on it, we could do much worse than Bendtner as a Carling/FA Cup striker. He's not Park Chu Young bad, just lazy AF. But with the World Cup a year from now and him looking for a new club. He might just play for a transfer in Jan and to maintain his high wages. It's a lot of reaching but Adebayor scored > 30 goals behind Fabregas and with Ozil and Carzorla now who knows.

cremino

Busquets and Javi Martinez will miss Spain matches againts Finland and Chile, Javi Garcia and Nacho will be the substitutes

hiroshawn

Banned

\

All we need is a good rum until boxing day. We can go undefeated plus with Ozil attract 2 more quality players. Win the league or finish second, do the cup double go deep in the champions league (possibly win it) Then summer 2014 our buying power will be gnarly. Draxler, Reus, Pogba, Hummels, SO EXCITED.

Barzul

All we need is a good rum until boxing day. We can go undefeated plus with Ozil attract 2 more quality players. Win the league or finish second, do the cup double go deep in the champions league (possibly win it) Then summer 2014 our buying power will be gnarly. Draxler, Reus, Pogba, Hummels, SO EXCITED.
#Believe

Timurid

Holy shit!!!! It's crazy awkward. He literally couldn't give a shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS9sRRQFd3o&feature=youtu.be

Sessegnon's first interview after signing for WBA.

You sad Torino missed out on Dossena? Sunderland fans seem happy with him..... :|

Dossena would of been a great pickup, but too bad about his injury. He is going to be out for 2-3 weeks or something like that. Torino needs overhaul. We just have to hope that Cerci will carry us this season and Ciro score some goals. :(

Barzul

our defense is better than baca

can't wait to see cr7 and bale take a run at dat barca defense
After watching the Valencia game, they'll eat that defense for breakfast. Barca can't deal with the combined pace of Bale and Ronaldo. Bale wasn't worth 100m euros, but he's still a 60m-70m talent so he'll bring the goods. Glad to have him gone from Spurs and cheers again for Ozil.

cremino

If you have 100mil to spend on a single player.......

Meier

If you have 100mil to spend on a single player.......

Lol, Mino said Balotelli was worth 200m last summer after the big Euros campaign. He loooooves throwing out ridiculous numbers for his clients.

Pogba is definitely a 40m player though.

omgkitty

Fuck imagine Reus.....pretty much the only other player in the world right now I feel like we might have a genuine shot at who we actually need that I would get excited for on the levels that I am right now for Ozil. Definitely think we should renew our interest in Draxler in January once Schalke have hopefully been knocked out of the CL. I could also see di Maria being available in January once he realizes he isn't playing at all.

#REALMADRID: €50M Özil + 37 Higuaín + 12 Albiol + 10 Callejón + 4.4 forming rights Negredo = €113M

Bought Bale en 91M€

Earns = 22M€

Is this true?

cremino

Lol, Mino said Balotelli was worth 200m last summer after the big Euros campaign. He loooooves throwing out ridiculous numbers for his clients.

Pogba is definitely a 40m player though.

I was kidding but his is definitely not for sale and anyway, I doubt he would return this early to the PL after leaving Manchester United

FootballFan

Madrid did not sign a world class CB in the transfer window .... fantastic! :D

our defense is better than Madrids

can't wait to see GOAT and Neymar take a run at dat Madrid defense

We already conceded less than them last season too, scored more too. Now only difference is our attack is even better.

Neymar vs Carnival :lol

ShogunX

#REALMADRID: &#8364;50M Özil + 37 Higuaín + 12 Albiol + 10 Callejón + 4.4 forming rights Negredo = &#8364;113M

Bought Bale en 91M&#8364;

Earns = 22M&#8364;

Is this true?

What about Isco, Illarramendi, Carvajal and Casemiro?

According to the transfer market you are -49.000.000 &#8364;

Kaka sale saves money for us, so I can add that as a positive 40 :D

With Isco, Illarra and Carvajal, we are red but not that red.

Arsenal is redder than us then...

omgkitty

Kaka sale saves money for us, so I can add that as a positive 40 :D

With Isco, Illarra and Carvajal, we are red but not that red.

Arsenal is redder than us then...

Not really. We have plenty of money to spend. We are one of the most well off clubs in the world when it comes to making money. We still have about 50m of our transfer budget left from this summer. All of our debt is under control and on target.

Madrid did not sign a world class CB in the transfer window .... fantastic! :D

our defense is better than Madrids

can't wait to see GOAT and Neymar take a run at dat Madrid defense

We already conceded less than them last season too, scored more too. Now only difference is our attack is even better.

Neymar vs Carnival :lol

Both defenses are ass.

But Puyol breaks like an old porcelain, and when that happens, you have to improv Mascherano (LOL) or Song (LOL) or Barthra (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom