• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Kaka sale saves money for us, so I can add that as a positive 40 :D

With Isco, Illarra and Carvajal, we are red but not that red.

Arsenal is redder than us then...
We sold a lot and saved a lot on wages from contracts running out. Think we let go of about 17 players this window, that's impressive for us. I'd say we only spent about 25-30 of our budget when player sales are factored in.

We honestly need to sell Young. He's on big wages though. His minutes should be going to Shinji/Welbeck/Januzaj.

We'll never get rid of this cunt.

FootballFan

Both defenses are ass.

But Puyol breaks like an old porcelain, and when that happens, you have to improv Mascherano (LOL) or Song (LOL) or Barthra (LOL)

But see, we had a better defensive record and didn't even have Puyol. lol

Thing is, arguing about Barca vs Madrid defense is like arguing who's shit smells better, both still smell like shit.

As bad as our defense is, I don't hesitate to say yours isn't any better. Both have problems back there, both sign Neymar and Bale :lol

Barzul

Hope he's back in time to for the Diaby Show (Liverpool)

diaby_liverpoolemuuv.gif
Any idea how long he's still out for?

omgkitty

Any idea how long he's still out for?

There used to be a section on Arsenals website with injury news, but I can't find it any longer.

Edit: Nevermind I found it:

Abou Diaby
Last Updated: August 15
Speaking on August 15, ahead of the Aston Villa game, Arsene Wenger said: "It is longer still for him but again the timescale is difficult. He is a few months in and it was expected to be nine months."

Barzul

There used to be a section on Arsenals website with injury news, but I can't find it any longer.

Edit: Nevermind I found it:
Damn, we should just let retire or get him whoever fixed RVP. If he could get over his injuries Diaby can too, hopefully.

omgkitty

Damn, we should just let retire or get him whoever fixed RVP. If he could get over his injuries Diaby can too, hopefully.

I honestly thought we should have cut him loose already, but let's be honest. If he comes back this time and gets hurt, it's time to let him go. I know he's good, but we can't pay him all this money for him to just be out for months on end.

We honestly need to sell Young. He's on big wages though. His minutes should be going to Shinji/Welbeck/Januzaj.

We'll never get rid of this cunt.

West Ham will figure out a way, don't worry - especially now that he'd have other England Greats to play alongside in Carroll, Downing, Nolan and Cole.

Rad-

Well at least we got a midfielder, even though Woodward being the genius that he is paid over for him. :lol

Still feel a bit bad for Ander. Not as much that we didn't sign him but the fact how the situation went.

I think our squad is quite complete now. I hope we keep Adnan and at least give him some playtime.

Fellaini doesn't feel like the kind of player a team looking to repeat as champs goes out and signs. He's the kind of luggage a desperate manager drags around with him so that he doesn't feel as awkward when the team is losing 2 nil at Stoke and no one is listening to his half-time locker room spiel.

FootballFan

Afellay given number 19. Nice. Pls stop getting injured. :(

Octopus of Badia is missing the Spain matches, yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Thank god we signed someone we were always going to over pay for him that's what happens when you have someone clearly not up to the job controlling the purse strings.

Woody out.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this should be our eleven for this season

------------Valdes----------
Alves-Pique-Mash-Alba
------------Octopus-------
---Fabregod-------Iniesta
--Alexis--GOAT--Neygod

hhhhnnnnnnnnnggggg

If Puyol comes back healthy enough to play the big matches, then I think the risk of not signing a CB could pay off. This transfer window was hella crazy and we were going to overspend on some player that was probably not worth the asking price.

Next summer transfer window Ter Stegen+2 new CBs Zubi pls

Lunchbox

Banned
20m saved in salary over 2 seasons thank you very much
why do you care, the Spanish people living in poverty pay for that with their taxes

not your Canadian tax. that goes towards feeding some old hag in British land and her grand kids weddings

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
" Nainggolan and his agent wanted a Juve move but Cagliari's president is being investigated for tax fraud. This complicated matters "

WHAT A SURPRISE

Meier

I was kidding but his is definitely not for sale and anyway, I doubt he would return this early to the PL after leaving Manchester United
Yeah I know, just pointing out the precedence. Raiola is truly a funny dude.

He left United because Juve offered him more money and more opportunities. I don't think he would be disinclined to return to the PL at any specific point but honestly, he has no reason to leave Juve and won't for some time.

I'm not hoping for anything on Manchester United this year. Not that I'm pissed, but reality is there's 4 teams who have better depth in their squad than Man Utd. at the moment.

Hopefully things pick up next year.

Lightning

Banned
I still find it hard to believe that we managed to sign such a wonderful player in Mesut Ozil. I can't wait to see what Wenger can do with him.

Please extend your contract now Arsene. We've got Ozil!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f9%2fArsenalSpurs.jpg

All we need is a good rum until boxing day. We can go undefeated plus with Ozil attract 2 more quality players. Win the league or finish second, do the cup double go deep in the champions league (possibly win it) Then summer 2014 our buying power will be gnarly. Draxler, Reus, Pogba, Hummels, SO EXCITED.

Steady. -_-

our defense is better than Madrids
It really really isn't.

Raphaël Varane, Daniel Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao, Marcelo and Pepe.

Salazar

I'm not hoping for anything on Manchester United this year. Not that I'm pissed, but reality is there's 4 teams who have better depth in their squad than Man Utd. at the moment.

Hopefully things pick up next year.

I still see us top 2.

So long as selection improves. Giggs shouldn't be fucking near the pitch. Nor should Young make the bench after that Liverpool game.

Jack cw

I still find it hard to believe that we managed to sign such a wonderful player in Mesut Ozil. I can't wait to see what Wenger can do with him.

Please extend your contract now Arsene. We've got Ozil!
Probably the best transfer this season. Way better than that ridiculous bale shit. I watched arsenal against spurs the other day and with özil you might even have the chance to win the bpl. Congrats for getting one of the best offensive midfielders.

GorillaJu

I'm still confused on Eriksen going to Spurs. He went for what, 12m in the end, was it?

How on earth did he end up going so cheaply to a non-CL team? I guess I'm just curious what it is that so many clubs are turned off by.

Jack cw

I'm still confused on Eriksen going to Spurs. He went for what, 12m in the end, was it?

How on earth did he end up going so cheaply to a non-CL team? I guess I'm just curious what it is that so many clubs are turned off by.
I think that's the amount Ajax was alright with. When Dortmund was interested there was talk about 15 million. Same thing with prince... Fantastic players that could play in every squad... Nice bargains.

bjaelke

So did Coentrao happen?

He waited too long. Had a good offer from Leverkusen in the region of £17m back in July.

GorillaJu

I think that's the amount Ajax was alright with. When Dortmund was interested there was talk about 15 million. Same thing with prince... Fantastic players that could play in every squad... Nice bargains.

But why didn't Dortmund buy him? That's what I want to know

Lightning

Banned
Ozil is gonna beast Arsenal into that fourth spot, unfortunately for Spurs and Man Utd*

*us
4th is failure. I want higher than 4th but I really want us to give the FA cup a good crack but I fear we don't have enough numbers in our squad to handle FA cup and PL and possibly CL if we're still in it.

I can't wait for Ozil to shit on Dortmund and shut Milch up. Putting Dortmund into the Europa league will bring me much joy.

What the fuck, 55 pages since 6:30pm last night. Worth reading through it?
IMO yes. The United shit is comical.

I still see us top 2.

So long as selection improves. Giggs shouldn't be fucking near the pitch. Nor should Young make the bench after that Liverpool game.
What do you make of Moyes? He's basically nade it public that he wants Evra replaced. The persistant Baines bids and then the desperate last minute Contreao [sp] effort spoke 100 words.

4th is failure. I want higher than 4th but I really want us to give the FA cup a good crack but I fear we don't have enough numbers in our squad to handle FA cup and PL and possibly CL if we're still in it.

I can't wait for Ozil to shit on Dortmund and shut Milch up. Putting Dortmund into the Europa league will bring me much joy.

IMO yes. The United shit is comical.

My friend at work mentioned something about people posing as Utd negotiators putting an irreversible spanner in the Herrera deal. Can anyone give me a rundown pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom