• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
0yiAs1K.jpg

:lol

iktGuRp2pf4t0.gif

:lol

Can anyone help? I can't remember the name of this movie and seeing you guys are movie lovers, I though about asking here:

The movie was released 2 or 3 years ago and it was done in Mockumentary style. It was about group of boys who acquire superpowers and play around with around town, pranking people and so on and so fourth, until something bad happens.

Can you guys remember the name of the movie?

Deep Throat.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
644.jpg

Tsk tsk, I'm not gonna say it.

If he's focused and ready to work, I have no issue with him being our backup. Always thought he was a good player when he wasn't being a cunt.

NICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

You're always welcome in Torino baby.

Meier

Lambda, sorry to hear about Salvio. Phew, dodged a bullet on that one.. hopefully he can come back from his ACL injury like new.

dc89

me too

what is your name on it, will add you and maybe can do some guildhests or whatever they are called later

Beatrice Kiddo :lol

A mixture of like... FF and Kill Bill. I also have a little guy called Gus Fring on some other random server.

Jack cw

With time off/match off I meant not doing anything while actually being on the pitch.

And blaming BVB players for a shitty national team match? lol
I'll never forget how Zlatan fucked up that 4-0 lead, do you remember from which club 7 of that 11 players were?
At least we didn't lose that match ;)
And Özil is doing much on the pitch... You might see the tv pics where he isn't on the screen but watching him live in the arena is something else. He is constantly running into the free room and tries to pull out the defenders to the wings... I really have no idea where this shitty argument comes from that he is lazy or doesn't shine in important games... I wanna see that number 10 who decides important games on a regular base...

Meier

on the sidelines till March.

Gaitan and Enzo Perez are also injured.

I think that's very ambitious. If he truly has torn his ACL (and any of the other cruciate ligaments), the recovery time is usually closer to a year. Anything less is very aggressive but 6 months is pretty much unheard of. That is when you can maybe start training again at best, but in terms of playing competitively, he'll be done for the season.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
644.jpg

Tsk tsk, I'm not gonna say it.

NICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

You're always welcome in Torino baby.
just puts into perspective how much of a beast messi is. Not even a midfielder and has as much assists as one that is a midfielder, that's also taking into account that he feeds balls to the likes of Pedro and Alexis who miss sitters. Truly the GOAT.

Yen

I watched Bernie today. Pretty funny, I lol'ed out loud when
Jack Black slapped the dead extra and told him not to laugh.
Matthew McConaughy was very good in it.

Fucking international break

Everything building up yesterday, all the drama, all the duplicity, all the confusion, all the lols, then the international break starts in earnest and footballing news hits a brick wall, and the only thing left to talk about is the odds of your players getting injured by Roy's stone-age training methods

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
just puts into perspective how much of a beast messi is. Not even a midfielder and has as much assists as one that is a midfielder, that's also taking into account that he feeds balls to the likes of Pedro and Alexis who miss sitters. Truly the GOAT.

Pretty much. He's out of this world.

arkon

Fucking international break

Everything building up yesterday, all the drama, all the duplicity, all the confusion, all the lols, then the international break starts in earnest and footballing news hits a brick wall, and the only thing left to talk about is the odds of your players getting injured by Roy's stone-age training methods

Imagine if Fellaini gets injured on international duty.

tap-in assists.

jesalr

So long as they, in turn, PASS HIM THE BALL!

FootballFan

Can anyone help? I can't remember the name of this movie and seeing you guys are movie lovers, I though about asking here:

The movie was released 2 or 3 years ago and it was done in Mockumentary style. It was about group of boys who acquire superpowers and play around with around town, pranking people and so on and so fourth, until something bad happens.

Can you guys remember the name of the movie?

Donkey punch.

Clegg

Looks like Bilbao may have fucked us over with this deal. But at the same time we didn't help ourselves by leaving it so late.

Lartaun de Arizmendi, a journalist for Cadena COPE (the radio station who first broke the news that Manchester United were interested in Ander Herrera), has revealed in a post on his personal blog that, irregardless of the reported clause, the Herrera deal was near impossible to complete and that Bayern Munich needed external help to force through the Javi Martinez transfer.

He says that after much reflection on the Javi Martinez case, Athletic Bilbao came to realise that the player depositing the cheque on Bayern Munich's behalf (even if Athletic were against the move) wasn't enough to make the deal 100% go through. Once they had discovered this detail, Athletic used it to their advantage and told Bayern Munich that for a unilateral deal like this one to go through, the club has to agree to receive the fee in their bank account.

If Bilbao refuse to receive the money, and there was no obligation for them to do so, the will of the paying club (Bayern Munich) and the player (Javi Martinez) counted for nothing. In order to force the deal to go through, Munich contacted the Financial Council in Bilbao to tell them that this offer was being refused. The Financial Council, who would benefit from this deal going through, pressured Athletic Bilbao in accepting the money by telling them that if they did not do so, they would be required to immediately pay all the debts they owed the Financial Council and would not receive anymore help from them in the future.
It is only after this happened that Athletic Bilbao accepted the offer for Javi Martinez and have the money placed in their bank account.

Returning to the Herrera deal, it appears that there was never any panic on Athletic Bilbao's side and it was reported many times that they were confident the deal would not go through. If what Lartaun de Arizmendi has written is true, Bilbao knew that Manchester United would never have the time to get the Financial Council on their side in time for a similar process to happen.
If Bilbao refused to accept the money in their bank account, this would explain why the three Laffer lawyers were turned away at the LFP headquarters yesterday evening.

Edward Woodward (or whoever was in charge of the deal) was not aware of the loophole exploited by Bayern Munich and why would they be? Athletic Bilbao will have clearly done their best to keep it a secret in order to hold on to their best players.

As we all know, Juventus had to wait an extra year to get Fernando Llorente on a free because they hit a stumbling block similar to the one Manchester United crashed into late last night. Again, if what Lartaun writes is correct (and logically, it seems to be), Juventus would not have known of the Javi Martinez loophole and Bilbao stubbornly refused to accept the money.

Lartaun writes at the bottom of his post: &#8220;This is what I have managed to find on the Ander Herrera/MUFC deal. Now, it is up to you to draw your own conclusions as appropriate&#8221;.

We will, Lartaun, we will. If what you say is true, perhaps Manchester United are not the only ones to blame for this deal falling through.

omgkitty

I'm buying one. The yellow away shirt with Ozil on the back to be exact.

First shirt I've bought since 2007.

I just bought last years away kit with Cazorla on the back, but when I get some money I'm definitely buying an away kit with Ozil's name on it. This will be the first time I own multiple jerseys for the same player. Already have a Germany kit from a few years ago.

cremino

The Llorente case was a bit different... Juve never had the intention to pay the release clause with only a year remaining of Llorente's contract and Bilbao refused our offers.....So he arrived on a free transfer

Wilbur

Banned
wilbury why can't you just support arsenal like freewheelin'

why do you have to be different

Fun fact. When he was like 8 and started getting into football he supported Chelsea. Then he switched to Man U. And then he switched to Arsenal around Henry time of being good.

He's a fucking monster and he must be stopped. Take back your sympathies. Hunt him. Destroy him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looks like Bilbao may have fucked us over with this deal. But at the same time we didn't help ourselves by leaving it so late.

The disgraceful part was benching Llorente for a whole fucking season.

The Llorente case was a bit different... Juve never had the intention to pay the release clause with only a year remaining of Llorente's contract and Bilbao refused our offers.....So he arrived on a free transfer

We went as high as 18-20m, didn't we? Fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom