• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Yep

IGN exclusive preview confirms dodgy reviews again. Hype for fair reviews deflated. Hype for game inflated.

edit: Remember how good GTAIII-SA were? Goddamn. Then you throw in Manhunt and Bully, Rockstar really knocked the socks off the PS2 era

and The Warriors.

Yep

IGN exclusive preview confirms dodgy reviews again. Hype for fair reviews deflated. Hype for game inflated.

edit: Remember how good GTAIII-SA were? Goddamn. Then you throw in Manhunt and Bully, Rockstar really knocked the socks off the PS2 era

I won't even read or watch one review for it I don't care.

I won't even read what GAF writes it will just be full of bitching about the technical aspects of the game.

It's GTA I've grown up with the franchise Rockstsar know what they doing and I owe it to them to give the game my own look and come to my own conclusions.

You never take the profit sell-on fee. It's always about percentage of next transfer fee! They fleeced ya.

Signed,
A FM fanatic

I´m not to worried about it. I doubt someone will pay more than 15M€ for him in the future. What´s the biggest ever transfer in Turkish football?

This is my ideal formation and players for Arsenal this year (if everyone is fit lol)

X8oZBSn.png

phaze

"He is a teammate and friend, different. Mesut is a different player. If I was the decision maker, he'd be amongst the last to leave. But it has been decided by Ozil and the club and I can only wish him the best."

"I've had a great understanding with him. He is a unique player and I am saddened. These are personal things and he is free to choose what he wants to."

"Your last match shirt will be kept fondly with me" was his comment with the picture below

;_; He can join his bro next year if Sagna doesn't resign.

Your avatar is creeping me out a little bit.

images

Would you prefer this one ? :p

cremino

http://www.football-italia.net/39067/barzagli-abandons-italy-camp

Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli has left the Italy training camp due to an injury problem.

He had been called up for the two World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and the Czech Republic.

However, medical staff evaluated his condition today and sent him back home to Turin.

Barzagli had limped off during Saturday’s 4-1 victory over Lazio with an inflamed Achilles tendon.

It is likely Barzagli will be replaced in the Azzurri back three by his Juventus teammate Angelo Ogbonna.

Italy play Bulgaria in Palermo on Friday September 6 and host the Czech Republic at the Juventus Stadium in Turin on Tuesday September 10.

Zabojnik

Juventus F.C.

baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconhalfstar.png
baconline.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png

Positives:
+ Tevez (we finally have a brilliant player up front, it was our top priority; Carlitos is already beasting!)
+ Llorente (we got him for free and have yet to see him play, but I'd say he's definitely an upgrade over Matri, Quagliarella and Giovinco)
+ Ogbonna (with the signing of the 4th best italian defender our CB department is now complete; Angelo is very, very good. Versatile, a fucking totem, has the skill to play as the defensive playmaker, which makes him a great backup / alternative to Bonucci)
+ Berardi (argubly the most exciting new italian talent and we got him (well, half of him) for fucking nothing, since we traded Marrone's half with Sassuolo; he'll join us next season)
+ Giabbiadini, Zaza, Boakye, etc. (Marry managed to sign or otherwise lock down some of the most interesting young prospects; we'll see how they do in minor Serie A/B sides, but I can already tell that Manolo Gabbiadini is destined to join us next season)
+ Matri is gone (nothing against Alessandro, he's a very solid striker, but he's not good enough for Juve and doesn't really fit Conte's tactics; he had to go ... and I still can't believe we got 11M€ for him, lol)

Negatives:
- WE HAVEN'T SIGNED A WINGBACK / WINGER!!! (it was out top priority after signing a top striker; the fact that we'll have to play with Asamoah as wingback is frankly baffling; Asa is awesome, but he's not a winger, he's a CM, and it shows; Lichtsteiner does a solid job on the right flank, but he's not a winger/wingback either, he's a RB ... I'm pretty sure this shortcoming - who the fuck is gonna cross for Llorente??? - is what will ultimately fuck us in Europe, maybe in Serie A too)
- Giaccherini out (we sold him for no fucking reason)
- Marrone out (we should've signed another midfielder to compensate, we didn't; going after Nainggolan on the last day of the transfer window was never going to work, wtf Marry???)
- De Ceglie, Motta, Padoin and Peluso are still with us ... WHYYYY?!?!

Commentary:
The good stuff is self-explanatory, so I won't bother. As for the bad stuff ... I could rage on Marrotta, but that would be frankly stupid, as I think he did an IMMENSE job, given what he and Paratici had to work with in terms of money. We barely spent anything. Like, less than 15M€. Here's what happened, imo. Last year we made a ton of dough, at least compered to previous, post-Farsopoli seasons. Everybody - Conte first and foremost - was expecting this to be the summer of "big" spending. Say a budget of at least 50M€. Thing is, our owners / club management had a different plan. We've dug a pretty big financial hole for ourselves over the past 7 years. Farsopoli, low income, no CL money, a new stadium to pay for, catastrophic player management under Alessio Secco, etc. And so it was decided, with FFP around the corner, that this would be yet another summer of cautious spending. Hopefully the last one, as the next fiscal year should finally see us back in the black, making a decent profit. That's what the meeting between Conte and Marotta & Agnelli was all about back in May. Conte, being the ambitious and badass mofo that he is, was somewhat sceptical, but they ultimately managed to convince him. They'd try to get him the players he asked for, however he'd have to keep his expectations in check.

Well, mission accomplished, if only partly. Knowing Conte, he's not too happy with how our mercato ended. He got Ogbonna and the strikers he wanted, he didn't get the much needed left winger / wingback and lost one of his silent favourites, Giaccherini. Looking forward, this means two things. 1) We better sign a midfielder (most likely Nainggolan) and a winger in January and 2) we better have a budget of 50M€+ ready next summer, or Conte is a goner.

3.5 out of 5 Bacons seems about right.

justjohn

So can we put arsenal into the title pot? They were actually very unlucky to lose to villa in my opinion and looks to have carried on from their storming finish to last season.

omgkitty

Moyes/Fergie would put Ozil on the left.

Wenger should do the same.

The reason Ozil joined us is because he didn't want to be moved around and wanted to be played behind the striker. Don't think he's going to want to play out wide. If anything, I could see us doing this:

Podolski----Giroud----Walcott
----------Ozil---------Santi---------
----------------Arteta-----------------

@Hitcher, you do realise we can turn the images off, right? :p

And yeah, Arse-bros, I'd have Ramsey over Wilshere on current form. But that's just when everyone is fit :p

Arsenal's formation is more like 4-2-2-2, right? Cazorla drifts to the center and Walcott is more of a striker than winger.

Kinda, yeah. We give Santi a free role to let him do whatever he wants, and Walcott comes in from the right to cross the ball/have a shot.

Barzul

I think Arsenal should ave bought Sturridge when he was available, there I said it. He's very talented and should definitely be playing over Welbeck for England, in front of Rooney.

I think Arsenal should ave bought Sturridge when he was available, there I said it. He's very talented and should definitely be playing over Welbeck for England, in front of Rooney.

Tbf, I don't think anyone thought h's be as successful as he has been so far. I didn't want him at all, let alone starting every game on his own up front :p

Barzul

Tbf, I don't think anyone thought h's be as successful as he has been so far. I didn't want him at all, let alone starting every game on his own up front :p
Yeah he really started playing for the team more as opposed to his selfishness at Chelesea, which was very reminiscent of Robben.

Suen

So since footy-GAF are all having an orgasm from Breaking Bad I decided to start watching it since last week. Just finished season one, can't say I'm totally hooked to it nor do I see what's so great about it so far but I will keep watching some more.

dc89

So since footy-GAF are all having an orgasm about Breaking Bad I decided to start watching it since last week. Just finished season one, can't say I'm totally hooked to it nor do I see what's so great about it so far but I will keep watching some more.

Keep going.

S2 gets a bit of hate. But I really liked it.

Yeah he really started playing for the team more as opposed to his selfishness at Chelesea, which was very reminiscent of Robben.

It has me wondering if I was wrong all along, or if he has truly changed his game to the benefit of himself and his team.

I thought he was selfish, arrogant, unintelligent (on the pitch) and a bit of a knobend off of it, tunnel-visioned, poor at finishing and overconfident. Now though, he's basically playing as the lone striker role perfectly. Obviously his frame makes it difficult to make long balls stick, which is a shame if sitting back is to be a semi-regular tactic, and he still sometimes runs 30 yards with the ball when he should just lay it off to a teammate and find himself some space. But overall, couldn't really have hoped for more.

Worth noting that he hasn't even been in full flow this season. He hasn't had many clear goalscoring oppurtunities, and he hasn't been as involved in the buildup as he was last year, but I can't really complain about that with his goals being the difference between 3 points and 9 already :D

Maybe (and hopefully) he's adapted his game to be one of those strikers who has it in him to do nothing all game, and then pop up with a goal, which is what seperates the top strikers from the likes of Kone and Welbeck

Has to keep it up though, the longer we can go without having to find out how he responds to a poor run of form, the better :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumour: Andrea Stramaccioni will be Genoa's next coach.

tumblr_m47atiuSTR1r56nh7.gif

Barzagli and his tendon again? C'mon Andrea, don't fucking fall apart on us now. :(

Ah, thank fuck for Ogbonnator.

Juventus F.C.

baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconhalfstar.png
baconline.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png
baconstar.png

*sense*

3.5 out of 5 Bacons seems about right.

LOOL I can't believe I (of all people) rated our mercato higher!

Don't worry about the LWB position that much, I'm sure we'll find someone in January. In the meantime, we have Asa (no Ramadan or stupid cup), Ogbonna (!) and Caceres who can cover that position.
I said 'cover' not 'cross the ball adequately'

Ninja Nainggolan is 200% coming to us in January, I have no doubt in mind we'll pull it off, even Cellino said as much. We lost TWO versatile CMs and Marchisio is in a fucking coma so it's safe to say that Conte is throwing bottles and punching walls right now.

Bonus: Llorente's stats in the past four seasons (starting from 2012):
30 goals / 47 games (60% conversion rate)
24 goals / 41 games
22 goals / 42 games
17 goals / 42 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom