• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

1377068890486tmjnr.gif

GIF from Pokemon thread - it's amazing.

|OT6| The imposters

Yes. It has to be this. Or better still, write it in Spanish:

Los impostores

sneaky77

The disgraceful part was benching Llorente for a whole fucking season.

We went as high as 18-20m, didn't we? Fucking crazy.

He wasn't benched for the season, he was injured at first, Aduriz was scoring goals, and when Llorente came on the field he did nothing. I agree we should have sold him at that point since it was clear he didn't want to be there, but there is a much longer background to Llorente and he fucking the club around with his renovation.

As for Cadena Cope.. I would take anything they say about Bilbao with a grain of salt. And I had never heard of such a thing. If the money is deposited in la Liga, the player is free if his contract as far as I am aware. I think the player himself may have to do it in order to avoid some tax stuff later on but that other thing about refusing the money is news to me, and it was never reported in Bilbao during the Martinez deal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He wasn't benched for the season, he was injured at first, Aduriz was scoring goals, and when Llorente came on the field he did nothing. I agree we should have sold him at that point since it was clear he didn't want to be there, but there is a much longer background to Llorente and he fucking the club around with his renovation.

Fair enough, but you've got to admit that Josu Urrutia is a fucking demented tyrant.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

..which I guess makes him pretty awesome to the fans.
3AQmK.gif

>year is 2014
>Manchester United finishes 5th in the league
>energy used to worship Ashley Young is channeled into inventing time travel
>small band of United-GAF return to that fateful day. September 2nd 2013. Bilbao.
>last ditch attempt, for death and glory, to fix the Herrera deal
>fails misery
>sudden realization
>we are the imposters
>you can't change the past
>you can't change the past

Best post yesterday.

sneaky77

Fair enough, but you've got to admit that Josu Urrutia is a fucking demented tyrant.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

..which I guess makes him pretty awesome to the fans.
3AQmK.gif

It probably would have been best to sell Llorente last summer since it was obvious he had been fucking around the club for at least 2 yrs with the whole renovation bullshit.

But we have no need to sell our key players for less than their release clause, we don't have the deep money issues that Valencia and other clubs are involved in. And our market is limited so getting 36m for Herrera is nice, but is not like we can easily replace him.

phaze

Finally caught up.

“I realised I would not get the full trust of the manager [at Madrid]. I am a player who needs to feel that – and I felt that with Arsenal and that’s the reason why I’m signing for them.
“Arsène Wenger gives me the chance to develop and be fully fit for the World Cup. ”

Yeah good luck with that.

tumblr_msjs6hLECN1rwdu00o1_500.jpg

tumblr_msjqlw3DQy1shp7mjo1_400.gif
tumblr_mgmdwp38IN1rmkgf1o1_250.gif

Seems like we broke up quite a bromance.

You guys won't believe me, and I do find it hilarious, but I feel a bit sorry for Moyes. H's com into on of the 3 biggest clubs in the workd (imo) and replaced probably the greatest manager of all time, which puts an absolute fuck-tonne of pressure on him. He's relying on the people around him to help him through the first couple of seasons as the transition pans out, and he moulds the team into his own.

Instead, he's had some mug jetting around like an Evilore with ADD, bidding pitiful amounts on unlikely targets, and persisting with them for days and weeks after its become abundantly clear that they weren't going to happen. Then to top it off, he plays hardball with Fellaini's release clause in the misguided hope of getting him for cheaper later in the window, losing around £4m which could have gone towards a decent backup DM or someone.

I do wonder though how much influence Moyes had on the priority of the targets and the way that you carried on going for players who were never going to move for anything like the money you were willing to pay, and I also wonder how much damage Moyes' bollocks about Everton having some moral duty to let both Baines and Fellaini go did to Man Utd's chances of getting both for a reasonable price.

sneaky77

What's the story behind this btw?

The president before Urrutia started negotiation talks a yr before the elections, and Llorente always said he wanted to stay and all that stuff players say, but he would never sign even though they gave him the money he asked for (about 5m a yr) and all the terms were set, but then he didn't want to sign because of elections and didn't want to get in the middle.. and then more and more excuses. It was all delays and bullshit and then 2 yrs later he goes oh I want to go somewhere else cause I want to win titles (from the bench it seems).

I don't have all the details but his brother is his agent so I am sure there's got to be some bs involving that I am sure.

Also he got butthurt because some people in the crowd would boo him when he was sucking ass on the field, he has always been lazy and weak mentally, and I am not talking about the boos from last season when he said he was leaving for Juventus, but normal stuff of you're having a shitty game and you're doing nothing so you may get a boo here and there.

cremino

Finally caught up.

Yeah good luck with that.

tumblr_msjs6hLECN1rwdu00o1_500.jpg

tumblr_msjqlw3DQy1shp7mjo1_400.gif
tumblr_mgmdwp38IN1rmkgf1o1_250.gif

Seems like we broke up quite a bromance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQFQE83ECQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYIQFQE83ECQ&nomobile=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZePaXsiyrQ

"He is a teammate and friend, different. Mesut is a different player. If I was the decision maker, he'd be amongst the last to leave. But it has been decided by Ozil and the club and I can only wish him the best."

"I've had a great understanding with him. He is a unique player and I am sadded. These are personal things and he is free to choose what he wants to."

"Your last match shirt will be kept fondly with me" was his comment with the picture below

1185223_650161098350905_1380712085_n.jpg

arkon

"He is a teammate and friend, different. Mesut is a different player. If I was the decision maker, he'd be amongst the last to leave. But it has been decided by Ozil and the club and I can only wish him the best."

"I've had a great understanding with him. He is a unique player and I am sadded. These are personal things and he is free to choose what he wants to."

"Your last match shirt will be kept fondly with me" was his comment with the picture below

That font... [/FootballFan]

Wenger what have you done, you monster

omgkitty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQFQE83ECQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYIQFQE83ECQ&nomobile=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZePaXsiyrQ

Guess we'll just have to sign Sergio Ramos now :p

phaze

Arsenal Transfer Window.

Overall 7.5

+We actually spend some money.
+Got Ozil. Biggest signing since ever
+Got rid of a lot of deadwood.
+For the first time in ages, we didn't lose any important first team player.
+Viviani and Flamini add a bit of depth to the squad.
+WE SPEND MONEY.

-Bendtner still in team.
-Could do with additional striker and defender.
-We strengthened what was already our strong point.
-Ozil will push Saint Santi to the left.
-We didn't sell our medical staff.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys won't believe me, and I do find it hilarious, but I feel
The_Hitcher89

No, we don't believe you.

The president before Urrutia started negotiation talks a yr before the elections, and Llorente always said he wanted to stay and all that stuff players say, but he would never sign even though they gave him the money he asked for (about 5m a yr) and all the terms were set, but then he didn't want to sign because of elections and didn't want to get in the middle.. and then more and more excuses. It was all delays and bullshit and then 2 yrs later he goes oh I want to go somewhere else cause I want to win titles (from the bench it seems).

I don't have all the details but his brother is his agent so I am sure there's got to be some bs involving that I am sure.

Also he got butthurt because some people in the crowd would boo him when he was sucking ass on the field, he has always been lazy and weak mentally, and I am not talking about the boos from last season when he said he was leaving for Juventus, but normal stuff of you're having a shitty game and you're doing nothing so you may get a boo here and there.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

If he's indeed lazy and weak mentally then he won't *ever* start under Conte.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

About his salary, yeah, I think he's earning 4.5 (without bonuses) right now!

Yes it's true. My first love in football was Zola, then i realised at the young age of 8 or so, that Chelsea were shit. (still have that old shirt with AUTOGLASS on the front somewhere :lol)

Then I started to support Man Utd, not really looking out for them results wise. my favourite player back then was probably Beckham.

Then I fell out of favour with football, until maybe year 8 of high school. I was 13 or 14, i think and started to notice this amazing and classy team called Arsenal. I believe at the time, they were just starting their Invincibles season, and i fell in love with Henry and the sexy football they played. They seemed to play it in a different way than other teams, fast and fluid counter-attacking and it was just lovely to watch for a neutral. So i decided right there and then that Arsenal would be the team I'd support for the rest of my life.

Been a lot of ups and downs, particularly in the last few years, but the club finally seem to be heading in the right direction.

Time to start my blackout for GTA leaks can't be far away.

Yep

IGN exclusive preview confirms dodgy reviews again. Hype for fair reviews deflated. Hype for game inflated.

edit: Remember how good GTAIII-SA were? Goddamn. Then you throw in Manhunt and Bully, Rockstar really knocked the socks off the PS2 era

Full details of the Bruma transfer have been revealed. We get 10M€ and we could get up to 3M€ more depending on how well Galatasary does. If Bruma leaves Galatasary, we get 25% of the the amount that exceeds the 10M€, example : if Gala gets 20M€ for Bruma, Sporting gets 2.5M€. It´s the same deal we had for Moutinho.
Boulahrouz is now a free agent, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Meier

Full details of the Bruma transfer have been revealed. We get 10M€ and we could get up to 3M€ more depending on how well Galatasary does. If Bruma leaves Galatasary, we get 25% of the the amount that exceeds the 10M€, example : if Gala gets 20M€ for Bruma, Sporting gets 2.5M€. It´s the same deal we had for Moutinho.

You never take the profit sell-on fee. It's always about percentage of next transfer fee! They fleeced ya.

Signed,
A FM fanatic

Tc91

Fucking hell.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 5m
Second Signing: #mufc agree a deal with FC Zurich for 17-year-old Saidy Janko

The club don't even realize we've signed 3 players!!

Scum

Yesterday was such great fun!

OT6| Identity fraud can be punished with a Fellaini
#Dead

Yep

IGN exclusive preview confirms dodgy reviews again. Hype for fair reviews deflated. Hype for game inflated.

edit: Remember how good GTAIII-SA were? Goddamn. Then you throw in Manhunt and Bully, Rockstar really knocked the socks off the PS2 era

Reviewers nowadays are full of it. Exclusive previews? Exclusive reviews?? Embargo scores?? :loool
Game will no doubt be great fun but fuck reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom