• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Is there a site where I can purchase UK PSN cards online and have them email me the code? Going to buy PES digital this year and need the PAL version for option file compatibility reasons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BTQMBdbIUAAix3y.png

BNFKTkqCQAA3E6h.jpg

BTQNkOhIAAEr0Rx.jpg

PSG still waiting for Mata.....

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Barcelona transfer window thoughts and grades:

ed732d_Neymar.jpg

10/10

A+

5/5

thank you based Rosell.

Salvadora

Daniel Levy tried to stop Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal
Levy called Florentino Perez on Monday in an attempt to stop Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal, Spurs’ great north London rivals.
Jose Felix Diaz writes in El Confidencial that Levy felt betrayed by Real Madrid after lengthy negotiations over Bale and a partnership agreement between Spurs and the Spanish giants that was agreed when Luka Modric left White Hart Lane.
El Confidencial add that Levy and Spurs had enquired about Ozil in July and August during the discussions over Bale but at that point in time it was thought the German playmaker would remain at Real Madrid.
Los Blancos president Florentino Perez politely informed Levy that the deal to sell Ozil to Arsenal was all but done.
This man...

Arnie

I think Arsenal should ave bought Sturridge when he was available, there I said it. He's very talented and should definitely be playing over Welbeck for England, in front of Rooney.

Not a controversial opinion, your only competent striker is Giroud, and Sturridge is better than him.

K1LLER7

Watching Revista.

They said Ozil and his crew were frantically calling United to try and get him a move to United. However, United never returned the calls. They wanted Herrera and we saw how that turned out. :'(

bud

Daniel Levy tried to stop Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal

This man...

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club: End the "Strategic Partnership" with Real Madrid

"We, the devoted and loyal fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are petitioning to end the 'strategic partnership' with Real Madrid Club de Futbol. Since we have agreed to form the partnership, Real Madrid C.F. have treated us and our players without respect including 'tapping' up Luka Modric and Gareth Bale. The transfer of Mezut Ozil to our top rivals in order to recoup money spent on Gareth Bale is the ultimate duplicitous action and we deserve a fair and mutual exchange between clubs rather than being treated as a feeder club.

We ask that the 'strategic partnership' that we have not benefitted from be terminated."​
http://www.change.org/petitions/tot...-the-strategic-partnership-with-real-madrid-2

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif
ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

Clegg

Ozil would have been a great signing.

But I can understand why weren't in for him. Central midfield was a much more pressing concern and we were right to concentrate on that area. Its a sound decision in theory. But we were so incompetent in our transfer dealings that we fucked it up.

Arnie

Watching Revista.

They said Ozil and his crew were frantically calling United to try and get him a move to United. However, United never returned the calls. They wanted Herrera and we saw how that turned out. :'(

Well we already knew for definite that United had turned Ozil down. I also think it's the correct decision. Play Kagawa and Rooney in that position and spend the money on a more vulnerable position.

Haha.
No.
Let's have a democratic vote.

Sturridge: 1

Giroud: 1

Barzul

Not a controversial opinion, your only competent striker is Giroud, and Sturridge is better than him.
I disagree, when Sturridge scores 20+ goals in a season you can maybe make that statement. If we had Sturridge right now, he'd be a sub for Giroud, no doubt about it.

Giroud's numbers the last 2 seasons

2012-2013: 17 goals 11 assists

2011-2012: 25 goals 9 assists

Sturridge has nowhere no those numbers and if you bring up him being a sub at Chelsea, if he was that great when he was there, he'd have been starting. Sturridge has incredible potential, but he isn't quite there yet and you know once Suarez is back and fit (physically and mentally), unless Lpool go with a 2 striker system, Suarez is taking that main striker spot.

justjohn

How can they say they haven't benefited from the bale transfer when his sale has allowed them to spend almost 100million to catapult them to title challengers?
Given the choice between bale staying and being unhappy or all these new signings, which one would they go for?

Watching Revista.

Killer pls

We have Arsenal fans here.

In other news, BVB support for our second team:
zut2fDnl.jpg

Amazing

I disagree, when Sturridge scores 20+ goals in a season you can maybe make that statement. If we had Sturridge right now, he'd be a sub for Giroud, no doubt about it.

Giroud's numbers the last 2 seasons

2012-2013: 17 goals 11 assists

2011-2012: 25 goals 9 assists

Sturridge has nowhere no those numbers and if you bring up him being a sub at Chelsea, if he was that great when he was there, he'd have been starting. Sturridge has incredible potential, but he isn't quite there yet and you know once Suarez is back and fit (physically and mentally), unless Lpool go with a 2 striker system, Suarez is taking that main striker spot.

That last point is simply nonsense. Sturridge is undroppable in his position, and Suarez is more than capabl of playing slightly withdrawn, on either side

justjohn

Watching Revista.

Im glad arsenal got him . can't imagine a classy player like him being coached by David bloody moyes.

and you know once Suarez is back and fit (physically and mentally), unless Lpool go with a 2 striker system, Suarez is taking that main striker spot.
Is he though? I'd say Suarez is more than capable of taking up one of the three positions behind the striker and roaming around. One could argue he's a natural roamer anyway so I really don't think Sturridge will be benched when Suarez returns.

Barzul

That last point is simply nonsense. Sturridge is undroppable in his position, and Suarez is more than capabl of playing slightly withdrawn, on either wing
You think Sturridge will still be the main man when Suarez is back? What formation are you guys going with? I was under the idea it was a 4-3-3, with Coutinho as the advanced midfielder, am I wrong? Where will Suarez play if this is the case?

Barzul

Is he though? I'd say Suarez is more than capable of taking up one of the three positions behind the striker and roaming around. One could argue he's a natural roamer anyway so I really don't think Sturridge will be benched when Suarez returns.
Maybe I'm wrong with my assumptions, Suarez does roam a lot. My point still stands, Daniel Sturridge has not proven he is better striker than Olivier Giroud and with Ozil behind Giroud this season, I'm sure my opinion will be enforced even further.

Arnie

Seriously guys, the easiest way to do this instead of getting into a pissing contest is to just vote, I'm genuinely curious to see it. I want all fans getting involved, you can justify your vote or you can leave it as just that, a vote.

You can have one player for your team. Quote, add your vote:

You think Sturridge will still be the main man when Suarez is back? What formation are you guys going with? I was under the idea it was a 4-3-3, with Coutinho as the advanced midfielder, am I wrong? Where will Suarez play if this is the case?

------------------------------Mignolet--------------------------------

Johnson------------?------------------Agger-------------Enrique

---------------------------Lucas---------------------------------------
------------------------------------Gerrard-----------------------------

------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------

--------------Suarez------------------------Coutinho---------------

-------------------------------Sturridge---------------------------------

Hopefully. Maybe even put Coutinho in AMF, Suarez on the left and Henderson on the right

Salvadora

Seriously guys, the easiest way to do this instead of getting into a pissing contest is to just vote, I'm genuinely curious to see it. I want all fans getting involved, you can justify your vote or you can leave it as just that, a vote.

You can have one player for your team. Quote, add your vote:

I cast my democratic vote for Giroud. I think he has improved immensely since joining Arsenal, and those flicks. The flicks.

In saying that, I quite like Sturridge.

Clegg

My vote goes to Sturridge.

He really impressed me towards the back end of last season and the start of this season.

Yen

Think Sturridge has proved himself to be so adept at coming deep, that I know longer fear that a Suarez (in the hole) - Sturridge attack would be ineffective, with them getting in each other's way.

But yeah, Sturridge > Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom