• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Sturridge: 5

Giroud: 3

As it stands. Three Giroud votes are from Arsenal supporters. Sturridge's pot contains Turin and Manchester.

EDIT: Now levelled at three club votes for each. Neutral voters swinging the result currently.

Hixx

Killer pls

We have Arsenal fans here.

In other news, BVB support for our second team:
zut2fDnl.jpg

Amazing

pls we got 33k for a reserve game, twice in one season

jtb

Banned
Sturridge and Giroud are pretty opposite in that one has pace and the other doesn't. I'd say Giroud is a more well-rounded player, maybe a little bit more proven, but his lack of pace is by far his biggest deficiency (maybe even his only flaw) and that definitley limits him as a player. Having said that, I can see Giroud developing into a RVP type if he improves his finishing—almost a playmaker/striker hybrid like he played in his last season for us—RVP never had much pace either. I guess he's quicker than Terry.

I haven't really seen much of Sturridge but he seems like he's developing now that he's at a club + manager that's willing to develop him.

They're pretty even. Oh fuck it, I'll vote for Giroud.

Sturridge. I'm absolutely biased but for me Sturridge has more match-winning ability. It is close though, Giroud is quality.

I am so damn excited to see Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge get a run of games together.

jtb

Banned
I feel like Theo vs. Sturridge would be a more interesting (and apt) comparison. We'll almost certainly see Theo play a couple games up front this season, I think.

bjaelke

I disagree, when Sturridge scores 20+ goals in a season you can maybe make that statement.
Sturridge already scored 16 goals since joining in January. We're just assuming the inevitable here.

please dont quote me on this later

Also it's a weird discussion given the different style of the two teams.

Meh, not gonna vote. If I supported Arsenal, I'd prefer Giroud. Think Sturridge is more likely to sustain his good form though.

Both have been the standout strikers so far (very early days obviously) with their goals being very important to their teams,and at least somewhat of their own making

Lightning

Banned
Daniel Levy tried to stop Mesut Ozil’s transfer to Arsenal

This man...
Given the circumstances to which the Ozil transfer happened RM and Arsenal clearly done the deal behind Spurs back. Levy gets what he deserves for being such a cunt and they lost the derby game anyway for a further cream pie in his face.

I don't think Spurs have a hope in hell in finishing above us this season. Levy must be so upset now. Fucking lol.

Hixx

Sturridge

Though I like Giroud a lot, I could never tell if the shit he got in here last season was a wind up or not

Clegg

Given the circumstances to which the Ozil transfer happened RM and Arsenal clearly done the deal behind Spurs back. Levy gets what he deserves for being such a cunt and they lost the derby game anyway for a further cream pie in his face.

I don't think Spurs have a hope in hell in finishing above us this season. Levy must be so upset now. Fucking lol.
I think they have a great chance tbh.

Their squad is easily as good as yours.

Barzul

Sturridge already scored 16 goals since joining in January. We're just assuming the inevitable here.

please dont quote me on this later

Also it's weird discussion given the different style of the two teams.
He scored 16? Wiki (I know) says 11

Watching Revista.

They said Ozil and his crew were frantically calling United to try and get him a move to United. However, United never returned the calls. They wanted Herrera and we saw how that turned out. :'(

Bubuububububububu he spoke to Wenger and instantly fell in love

Giroud because sturridge plays for lolerpool

But really Sturridge is better

Mastadon

Banned
I disagree, when Sturridge scores 20+ goals in a season you can maybe make that statement. If we had Sturridge right now, he'd be a sub for Giroud, no doubt about it.

Giroud's numbers the last 2 seasons

2012-2013: 17 goals 11 assists

2011-2012: 25 goals 9 assists

Sturridge has nowhere no those numbers and if you bring up him being a sub at Chelsea, if he was that great when he was there, he'd have been starting. Sturridge has incredible potential, but he isn't quite there yet and you know once Suarez is back and fit (physically and mentally), unless Lpool go with a 2 striker system, Suarez is taking that main striker spot.

If you compare league form last year, which in my opinion is the fairest metric, then Giroud's stats are:

Games started: 24
Goals: 10
Assists: 3

Sturridges are:

Games started: 11
Goals: 10
Assists: 3

It's also worth noting that Sturridge achieved better stats in a team where he wasn't the attacking focal point, whereas Giroud was the main outlet for Arsenal last year.

Sturridge is a much better player for my money. Not to say I don't rate Giroud though, because I genuinely do, but I feel he's slightly one dimensional.

jtb

Banned
I think they have a great chance tbh.

Their squad is easily as good as yours.

I think Eriksen will be their key player this season. They've lacked a top creative player since Modric's departure, and haven't really even attempted to replace him prior to Eriksen. Part of the reason they were so reliant on Bale (and why they haven't scored from open play... yet) is because they just don't create very much. Creativity + that physical midfield... could be a pretty potent combination.

Ah can't wait for that game, last time we played Dortmund, both games were amazing, you could just sense the atmosphere of the fans.

I wanted to say it would be because we play you guys last and we already qualified so we'd have a shit team out there, but we play you in our 3rd and 4th games. I raise you 3 Bendtner goals instead!

Guys pls

Schieber won't even play

Edit: Also, real vote: Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom