• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I'm pretty certain the Ba deal didn't go through because we didn't want to pay the 3m. Everything else makes for nice copy, but I just don't buy it.

Meier

by unrealistic i meant England winning anything at all. you've got a bigger chance of managing them in real life.

haha I know, just giving you more specifics. Porto have won numerous Champions League titles under me as well. Kings of Portugal.

For some reason the scouting is completely fucked in my save though and despite my ~20 scouts or so, I can't find any decent players (like, none will even show up in their scouting reports) so I gave up on the save. If I can't replenish with cheap South Americans, what's the point.

GHG

If Mourinho had said that about Tottenham you'd all be wanking yourselves shitless over his opinion and saying he's right. But because its us... Well it suddenly becomes a joke.

This is the season when we finally prove everybody wrong and I'll love every second of it.

Phase one is complete where everybody said we couldn't get a marquee signing because no world class player would want to come... Well look how that turned out. What happens next writes itself.

We will take all you fuckers on and win. Arsenal is back bitches.

I remember last time you were here, good times.

644620afjw1dnekofy21cg.gif

And yes I know, I know they're both no longer here. But still.

Santana, Kehl and Leitner all playing there loool

Not saying they're bad but definately just backups at the time.

You said that the last time too. I have more concern with Napoli than I do your team.

I seriously doubt that, that was our first time in the Cl since a few years. If you asked me I was hoping for place 2 and would have been totally ok with place 3 to increase our UEFA coefficient. But you can certainly dig out the old stuff and prove me wrong, I doubt you'll find something, though.

If Mourinho had said that about Tottenham you'd all be wanking yourselves shitless over his opinion and saying he's right. But because its us... Well it suddenly becomes a joke.

This is the season when we finally prove everybody wrong and I'll love every second of it.

Phase one is complete where everybody said we couldn't get a marquee signing because no quality player would want to come. What happens next writes itself.

Not quite

Mourinho and Spurs can both fuck off into a sinkhole

jtb

Banned
I'm not worried about Napoli, Dortmund are the real threat in that group I think. I suspect Napoli will come third in the group. Rafa is good, but new squad, Higuain is shit, etc. Tough group but we'll finish second.

haha I know, just giving you more specifics. Porto have won numerous Champions League titles under me as well. Kings of Portugal.

For some reason the scouting is completely fucked in my save though and despite my ~20 scouts or so, I can't find any decent players (like, none will even show up in their scouting reports) so I gave up on the save. If I can't replenish with cheap South Americans, what's the point.

yep, that's our league. though Benfica is buying eastern europeans now.

Lightning

Banned
I seriously doubt that, that was our first time in the Cl since a few years. If you asked me I was hoping for place 2 and would have been totally ok with place 3 to increase our UEFA coefficient. But you can certainly dig out the old stuff and prove me wrong, I doubt you'll find something, though.
We lost one of the best players in the world in Cesc Fabregas that summer along with Nasri and Clichy none of which were properly replaced at the time.

Splatt

Serie A and Premier League are definitely the most balanced leagues this season. About 5-6 teams fighting for those CL spots in both of them.

GHG

I feel like me and Salva are the only rational Arsenal fans around here :(

No we're all crazy together. This is what happens when you don't win a trophy for almost a decade and watch the thing that you love most crumble before your eyes.

Now its resurrection. God knows what will happen when we actually win something again. I think the internet and British press will collectively go into meltdown.

No we're all crazy together. This is what happens when you don't win a trophy for almost a decade and watch the thing that you love most crumble before your eyes.

Now its resurrection. God knows what will happen when we actually win something again. I think the internet and British press will collectively go into meltdown.

#LiverpoolArsenaltitlebattle

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Imo it's the start of a revolution as it signifies Arsenal's relevance. Signing a player like this helps you attract similar players as they'll want to play with the best. I'm hoping Wenger goes for Pogba again next summer, perfect Arteta replacement.

Barzul

1-Pogba is not for sale
2-Juve is NOT a seller club. Unless you're going to offer something ridiculous like Madrid did with Zidane.
3-Seller club is NOT Juve

pls understand

Phase one is complete where everybody said we couldn't get a marquee signing because no world class player would want to come... Well look how that turned out. What happens next writes itself.

amen.gif

Preach!

Meier

yep, that's our league. though Benfica is buying eastern europeans now.

Since I started flat ass broke with Sheffield Utd, I did the same (they're not exactly Eastern Europe, but I bought like 3 dudes from Hajduk in Croatia starting with Antonio Milić) but then I moved onto Argentina and Brazil as well. Think the only guy from England in my first team is my 3rd choice GK. Lol.

Clegg

Is there a possibility that Kagawa was left out on Sunday because we were willing to sell him?

I know he wants to stay and prove himself here but Moyes decision to drop him from the bench on Sunday has worried me a bit.

The Football Weekly guys suggest that he's not the easiest player for a manager to work with because he requires too much tactical rethinking of the team to get the best out of him. But if you sort out a system where he can flourish then you have a devastating player on your hands. I'd like to see us at least try to get him playing regularly. Even when off form he's better than Young, Valencia and Giggs.

omgkitty

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8905127/ozil-happy-with-new-challenge

Interview with Ozil. It's short and it basically says the same thing he has said in other interviews. Watching the video though, I'm getting a definite feeling that at this point in time, this is just a job to him, coming to Arsenal. You can kind of tell that he's not super excited about signing for us, and hearing the rumors that he only left because Madrid didn't want him, it's understandable. Hopefully he will grow to love us just like it seems all of us already love him. I know as Arsenal fans we become attached to our players, so hopefully he will feel that and enjoy his time with us.

GHG

Got a feeling Fellaini is gonna flop at Man U.

RVP will continue his bad form eternally.

Fellaini is the straw that broke the camels back.

He will look at this midfield, longingly, thinking of what could have been:

------Arteta-------------
------------Wilshere----
Theo----Ozil----Cazorla

He will dream of how he could have scored more than 50 goals a season.

To punish him we will play Bendtner and he will have to witness non other than the best striker in the world™ beat him to the premier league golden boot.

danwarb

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 14m
José Mourinho: "I stopped Ba loan move to Arsenal - with Ozil too, the best no.10 in the world, they'd have been title contenders." #AFC

Apparently Mourinho said this to Sky Italia

Mourinho dismisses Arsenal despite the £42m Ozil signing.

Not even contenders. Harsh.

cremino

Barzul

1-Pogba is not for sale
2-Juve is NOT a seller club. Unless you're going to offer something ridiculous like Madrid did with Zidane.
3-Seller club is NOT Juve

pls understand

Welllll....De Ceglie, Padoin, Peluso and Giovinco are all for sale fo the right offer......If you know what I mean

Salvadora

------------Wilshere----
Theo----Ozil----Cazorla

To punish him we will play Bendtner and he will have to witness non other than the best striker in the world™ beat him to the premier league golden boot.

To think that we have the strength to bring players such as Rosicky, Ramsey, AOC, Diaby (lol),Flamini... into that midfield.

Like Martin Jol said, no one is going to have a fucking clue how our midfield works. Surprise, bitches.

Showaddy

------------Wilshere----
Theo----Ozil----Cazorla

Surely by winning the Premiership he's already achieved what he set out to do though?

Rad-

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/8905127/ozil-happy-with-new-challenge

Interview with Ozil. It's short and it basically says the same thing he has said in other interviews. Watching the video though, I'm getting a definite feeling that at this point in time, this is just a job to him, coming to Arsenal. You can kind of tell that he's not super excited about signing for us, and hearing the rumors that he only left because Madrid didn't want him, it's understandable. Hopefully he will grow to love us just like it seems all of us already love him. I know as Arsenal fans we become attached to our players, so hopefully he will feel that and enjoy his time with us.

Well rumours say he really wanted to go to United. Too bad frogzil, shouldn't have rejected us in 2010.

I love you Özil.

omgkitty

Well rumours say he really wanted to go to United. Too bad frogzil, shouldn't have rejected us in 2010.

I love you Özil.

Sounds like bs made up by Man U fans to make themselves feel better. According to reports the Ozil deal was all but done several days before Madrid had signed Bale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom