• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

At least our water is wet. We got a thirst quencher yesterday.

Your glass on the other hand my friend, is empty. Woodward drank it all. That's why you're all so salty today.
OMG

My glass is empty because Woodward drank it all

I'm fucking done

GHG

OMG

My glass is empty because Woodward drank it all

I'm fucking done

Yes. He drank everyone's North of London.

I notice how the Spurs fans are very quiet today. Too busy signing petitions and shit.

Does GHG think Arnie supports Man Utd? lol

Nah its just this thing I do daily around about this time for you Liverpool fans.

Cat%20Bait.gif

Works everytime.

Wilbur

Banned
Ozil > Fellaini

Infact...

Ozil >
the whole of your midfield

But United > Arsenal

These fucking uppity fans are making me absolutely crease on the train home. One signing in a position you didn't even need a player and you're all talking about resurrection and trophies. It's hilarious.

When Mertesacker gets injured and Giroud loses his confidence I look forward to the Wenger out posts again, you calamitous cavalcade of cabbages.

Clegg

Why are you so needy after you've signed Ozil? And I thought the United bros were bad.

Why are some of you giving so many shits about other clubs turning him down. You have a great player now.

Chelsea-bros, will Eto'o be starting for you guys? Or do you at least expect him to?

I think he and Willian will start on the bench against Everton (I think we are away to them next), bedding in and all that. Then we will perhaps play them the match after.

Depends if Mou was actually impressed with Torres against Bayern, and how fit Mata is (and players who have been on international duty).

If Torres goes into his usual turtle shell mode then I can see Eto'o playing a lot between now and January. I think we will ship Ba out in January abroad then get in either Jackson Martinez or Rooney (if he wants to leave)

Mastadon

Banned
But United > Arsenal

These fucking uppity fans are making me absolutely crease on the train home. One signing in a position you didn't even need a player and you're all talking about resurrection and trophies. It's hilarious.

When Mertesacker gets injured and Giroud loses his confidence I look forward to the Wenger out posts again, you calamitous cavalcade of cabbages.

It's incredible. People call Liverpool fans myopic, but we've got fans on here going from wanting Arsene out to thinking they're contenders for the league in the space of two weeks. It's madness.

Let's give a few months to see how Ozil beds in, eh?

Wilbur

Banned
Praying you don't win the league lol

Pray for Arsenal to win the league please

Our lord will be too busy making the elephants fly and the paedophiles enjoy community service to hear you.

FootballFan

I think he and Willian will start on the bench against Everton (I think we are away to them next), bedding in and all that. Then we will perhaps play them the match after.

Depends if Mou was actually impressed with Torres against Bayern, and how fit Mata is (and players who have been on international duty).

If Torres goes into his usual turtle shell mode then I can see Eto'o playing a lot between now and January. I think we will ship Ba out in January abroad then get in either Jackson Martinez or Rooney (if he wants to leave)

Damn. I want to have Eto'o <3 in my fantasy team, but I'm not sure he will be starting. Pretty confident he will bang in goals for you guys.

ShogunX

Yeh I'm not surpised... We keep being told that our defense is shit by fans of pretty much every team that conceeded more goals than us last year. Makes so much sense.

But yeh, we're blind. Girouds shit, Ozil will flop, Cazorla's overrated (Coutinho's better of course) Walcott doesn't have a football brain, if Garry Neville came out of retirement he'd be better than Jenkinson and John Terry has a bigger cock than Mertesacker's and Koscielny's put together.

People really do overlook the fact that the back four are not the only players responsible for a team having a good defensive record. When people talk of Arsenal being weak at the back I'm pretty sure it's more to do with how they perform in Europe rather than domestically. Bayern went through the team like hot butter at the Emirates. A lot of Arsenal's success this season is going to depend on the fitness of Arteta and Flamini.

Some of you just don't want to see Arsenal succeed amiright?

Arsenal fans in here don't make it easy though, nice to be optimistic but lets try and keep calm. One
more
injury is all it takes.

Yen

Our lord will be too busy making the elephants fly and the paedophiles enjoy community service to hear you.
Going straight for the paedophilia analogies, I see.

GHG

The hell do you think I've been doing for the last 8 years?

Then I stop, give up hope and we sign Mesut fucking Ozil. This is the way forward.

Clegg

Fuck I don't want Shinji to leave. Give him a chance Moysey. Young has never been good enough and Giggs and Valencia are perilously close to that point.

Play something like this. Shamelessly stolen from RedCafe

abFq1Lhalw.jpg

Showaddy

Damn. I want to have Eto'o <3 in my fantasy team, but I'm not sure he will be starting. Pretty confident he will bang in goals for you guys.

I dunno £9 millions a lot for a 32 year old who didn't exactly set the Russian league on fire. If it was the Eto'o of 4 years ago though...

god, this pissing contest between Liverpool and Arsenal is hilarious, especially when you frame it as the team who finished 7th last season vs the one who hasn't won anything in nearly 10 years.

GHG

People really do overlook the fact that the back four are not the only players responsible for a team having a good defensive record. When people talk of Arsenal being weak at the back I'm pretty sure it's more to do with how they perform in Europe rather than domestically. Bayern went through the team like hot butter at the Emirates. A lot of Arsenal's success this season is going to depend on the fitness of Arteta and Flamini.

They scored 3 goals against us over 2 legs. We scored 3 goals against them over 2 legs. I don't see the point that's trying to be made here. If you are using that game as an example, by that notion, their defense is as bad as ours.

Its like the 8-2 is stuck in everyone's mind and they have preconceived ideas about our defense because of it. And don't even cite the Villa game from a few weeks ago because a penalty that wasn't a foul and then a breakaway goal whist we're trying to salvage an equaliser in the dying minutes don't count.

kharma45

Fuck I don't want Shinji to leave. Give him a chance Moysey. Young has never been good enough and Giggs and Valencia are perilously close to that point.

abFq1Lhalw.jpg

I want that team at Palace. All over my face.

Wilbur

Banned
Going straight for the paedophilia analogies, I see.

It was too close to my heart.

Look Arsenal fans. Look at your rivals. Look at their 25 man squads. Their recent trophy wins.

Look at them. You have like 14 players. You haven't won anything since before I got my first pube.

Do I think Ozil has improved your team? Yes. Do I think you have the best coach in the league? Yes. Do I think one signing in a position that you arguably didnt even need anyone in will make up a 20 point deficit and result in you challenging for the league?

No.

And it's fucking hilarious that no one outside your fans think so.

Barzul

abFq1Lhalw.jpg
That team would be destroyed in the the wings I think, doubt we'll ever see it.

They scored 3 goals against us over 2 legs. We scored 3 goals against them over 2 legs. I don't see the point that's trying to be made here. If you are using that game as an example, by that notion, their defense is as bad as ours.

Its like the 8-2 is stuck in everyone's mind and they have preconceived ideas about our defense because of it. And don't even cite the Villa game from a few weeks ago because a penalty that wasn't a foul and then a breakaway goal whist we're trying to salvage an equaliser in the dying minutes don't count.

are you the Arsenal version of doicare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom