• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I read ALL the Mad Men spoilers on GAF and...none of them seem like fucking spoilers.

He slept with A
He wore a tie
He ate soap
He touched someone's leg

It's like reading about a reality show.
The fact that it's slow and lacks killing is why I won't jump into it. I can do slow if there's killing (Boardwalk Empire) but slow and no killing? No thank you. I just don't have the time nowadays to invest in a show that takes so much time to build up for a pay-off. I'd rather watch a pure character drama movie instead. At least a genuinely shocking violent pay-off like the ones in BE make it worth it. It's the same reason I prefer pg-13 over R, always. Not because guns and explosions are cool but violence, or just the threat of it, adds further layers of tension to a scene that its absence wouldn't otherwise.

Wilbur

Banned
the carling cup is not a trophy. you should be fucking embarrassed to claim it as such.

If you won the Capital One Cup I'd want you to send me the underwear you had on at the time so I could hold a press conference and show the world that cum seeped out

Linius

Yeah I'm pretty sure Mad Men is wonderfully acted but I read spoilers

no one blows up

no one gets shot

no one fucks ted

Wilbz pls

Meh, checked some preview/review/comparisons with 3DS, it's pretty much the same just much uglier. I won't be taking it outside as that would be embarrassing, I just want it for dat Pokemon and it's the cheapest option, so suck on that.

2DS 4 lyfe.

You're gonna regret it when you want to streetpass people for ingame stuff. I'm telling you.

GHG

Yeah I'd advise that, along with checking your facts first before you make yourself look a bit silly. :)

For the record, FA cups don't count anymore in my mind because the top clubs don't take it seriously anymore.

I'd be happy if we won it though...

jtb

Banned
I disagree but interesting to see a different view. What exactly didn't you like, that made it much worse than 1-4? (I agree about it not being as good as those seasons though)

This season didn't really have a strong SCDP arc like the past seasons, which really hurt it for me. And this whole obsession with Don's childhood seems totally misplaced; I usually dislike flashbacks and here they're just terrible. It's retroactively trying to explain away him being a terrible person—but (and I don't think this is a spoiler)... everyone on the show is a pretty terrible person, misogynist, etc. they're taking away the nuance of his character by repainting over it with such broad strokes, and that really irritates me.

It was great (this is a s6 spoiler)
to see him fired though.
Definitley was coming and good to have consequences for two seasons worth of incompetence—so hopefully s7 is a solid finish.

faridmon

I've been reprimanded on my 'crappy taste' by someone with a fucking Frank Ferdinand avatar.

Is this The Truman Show?

What? Unbelievable?

You do realise that Franz Ferdinand are considered good? Even your taste doesn't agree, at least that shouldn't blind you you the fact that they are well regarded band.

Who, am I kidding, I am talking to you...

Wilbur

Banned
It's a period piece yo

I'll get round to watching it one day, its on my list.

But I think I'm gonna rewatch Deadwood next and then start Sopranos because I've only seen like 7 episodes ages ago.

On S6 of 30 Rock right now as well. Doesn't make me laugh that often but its entertaining enough. Tina Fey is really endearing, Alec Baldwin is awesome, Jenna is hot, Tracy Morgan is strangely bearable on it. Best character is the other co-writer but his name is escaping me right now.

Arnie

Arsenal fans spitting on their own feet is semi-tolerable.

Talking pish about Mad Men?

night night, sleep tight

What? Unbelievable?
Fucking :lol

This made me actually dictate what I've quoted out loud and intonate the two question marks.

I suggest you all do it.

UNBELIEVABLE?

FootballFan

Wahh wahh wahh Mad Men doesn't have explosions bro! Mad Men doesn't have shoot outs in the middle of the street. Go watch Breaking Bad for that. Babies.

Zxa3eR7.gif

It sounds like the most mundane pile of shite imaginable

Authenticity isn't enough

Authenticity isn't enough and neither is just reading about a tv show. It's so much more than that, I agree this season has gone down in quality a bit but the writing of the previous seasons has been some of the best in tv history. So many characters to fall in love with and completely shits on a few rules of making a tv show.

Meh, checked some preview/review/comparisons with 3DS, it's pretty much the same just much uglier. I won't be taking it outside as that would be embarrassing, I just want it for dat Pokemon and it's the cheapest option, so uck on that.

2DS 4 lyfe.

Fixed

League Cup: Really good to win
FA Cup: Great to win
CL: Mindblowing to win
League: The zenith

Certain Arsenal fans convincing themselves that the League Cup is worthless is forever amusing. Bet they didn't think that when Koscielny was running into Scezhny like a drunken magnet throwing itself at a radiator

Wilbur

Banned
I like Jon Hamm and John Slattery tho, and that little fat gimp that looks like me has always piqued my cock levels

I'll get round to it. I'm sure I'll really like it once I do get round to it. But reading about it doesn't make me want to watch it, if you know what I mean?

FootballFan

Authenticity isn't enough and neither is just reading about a tv show. It's so much more than that, I agree this season has gone down in quality a bit but the writing of the previous seasons has been some of the best in tv history. So many characters to fall in love with and completely shits on a few rules of making a tv show.

Nah bro we want explosions and shit dog.

Linius

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but not liking Mad Men because it's lack of explosions or violence makes you come across as a really shallow person. I can't demand anyone to like it, but for those reasons it's just silly. And really, reading spoilers about a show you don't watch and then use them to explain why it's a boring show is probably the most dumb thing ever.

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but not liking Mad Men because it's lack of explosions or violence makes you come across as a really shallow person. I can't demand anyone to like it, but for those reasons it's just silly. And really, reading spoilers about a show you don't watch and then use them to explain why it's a boring show is probably the most dumb thing ever.

mad men is fucking pretentious turd

I like Jon Hamm and John Slattery tho, and that little fat gimp that looks like me has always piqued my cock levels

I'll get round to it. I'm sure I'll really like it once I do get round to it. But reading about it doesn't make me want to watch it, if you know what I mean?

Your brain will be too damaged by the chicken fumes by the time you get around to it, you will just sit and wait for explosions like fry.

Edit : lol didn't even see Fry had beaten me to it. But Fry hating on it surely should be a indicator on its quality.

avaya

If you won the Capital One Cup I'd want you to send me the underwear you had on at the time so I could hold a press conference and show the world that cum seeped out

I know your struggling to embrace your future irrelevance, but really, there is no need to fight it. Your decline will be wonderous.

GHG

Fixed

League Cup: Really good to win
FA Cup: Great to win
CL: Mindblowing to win
League: The zenith

Certain Arsenal fans convincing themselves that the League Cup is worthless is forever amusing. Bet they didn't think that when Koscielny was running into Scezhny like a drunken magnet throwing itself at a radiator

That day. That fucking day. That was officially the 1st time Arsenal made me lose my shit. After our CL final loss I was in tears because I genuinely believed that day the players tried their best... but that Carling Cup final loss was something else.

Linius

I'd like to apply the general rule towards Fry's taste, every single person in here should love the shit out of Mad Men.

Arnie

I'm disappointed with you.

Feeling like shit isn't an excuse when you've got the entirety of Mad Men to watch. It's fucking perfect television; it's superlative writing. All about the characters, though, not about the fuck off moments. Although they do happen, and because they're so rare they mean more.

Like if Arsenal won a trophy tomorrow Barzgul's brain would haemorrhage.

avaya

That day. That fucking day. That was officially the 1st time Arsenal made me lose my shit. After our CL final loss I was in tears because I genuinely believed that day the players tried their best but that Carling Cup final loss was something else.

Grow a fucking pair. I didn't even watch the game, the worthless is an irrelevance. To care about such things is to lower yourself to the level of the Spudz.

Everything about it looks boring to me. If a main story point is somebody's employment status, I couldn't give a fuck. I don't need explosions, but I do need consequences that reach beyond a character's financial situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom