• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Just re-watched it a few weeks back and yeah, it's really not that amazing. Really all of breaking bad is kind of overrated, as good as it actually is.

What happens in it?

I felt the suitcase was a pretty normal episode of Mad Men. I didn't know people were losing their shit over it until after. The Wheel though, that episode has a godly moment that I am fairly certain is one of my favourite moments in tv history and Man Men will likely never top it.

Wilbur

Banned
Just re-watched it a few weeks back and yeah, it's really not that amazing. Really all of breaking bad is kind of overrated, as good as it actually is.

:lol yeah I agree, well I think overrated is a fucking dumb word because its all objective innit so...

But I think it'll be up there as one of the best shows when people look back in ten, twenty years. For the most part its just so well acted and written and directed and I can't really think of any big missteps its made or drops in quality, and its improved on itself again and again.

It's not the best and its not my favourite, but its not like where people think the Wire S5 is miles behind everything else, or with Mad Men or with things like Friends which was everywhere but people hated it around seasons 5-10 or whatever.

Most people seem to agree that BB gets better and better so you can understand it being so 'overrated' at the moment. It'll die down when it finishes and go back just to be a very very very good television show.

bobito

Banned
Faridmon is making things awkward for Bobito.

But the setting of a TV show is pretty much the most important thing. How did you even make it trough three seasons? :p

And how does the '20's and '30's mobster era remind you of westerns?

I was really ill for a couple of days and binged heavily on it. No idea why looking back.

Arnie

BABY PLEASE

PLEASE READ WHAT I'VE POSTED SINCE

PLEASE

pls find sympathy.

Read what I've posted and drop the poop you think you'd rather watch, and watch what's actually the better show.

It's like you know what's actually the better programme, that'll resonate with you more than anything else, but you're a slave to this pre-determined destiny garbage that's magnetising you towards other shit.

Like those people who say they know smoking's going to kill them one day whilst simultaneously lighting up.

YOU'RE HUMAN, YOU CHOOSE

FFS

Wilbur

Banned
I like that episode a lot, but my favorite BB episode by far is "Fly". I guess that speaks to the kind of stories I like, nothing better than a quality bottle episode for me.

Fly's amazing as well, and 4 Days Out. The one in
the first series when Walt kills Krazy 8 and I think 'Gliding Over All' was just an absolutely beautiful episode, visually and aurally, and the acting.
They're probably my top four or five, but there's some really good one's peppered around the middle and end of Seasons 3 and 4 as well.

Does anyone else find the idea of rewatching anything but comedies utterly unappealing? Never had the slightest inclination to rewatch any non-comedy film or programme, except for (bizarrely) Batman Begins.

In the PS2 days, I could play a 20 hour game 4 or 4 times, all the way through. But I've never wanted to do the same for even my favourite programmes

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Read what I've posted and drop the poop you think you'd rather watch, and watch what's actually the better show.

It's like you know what's actually the better programme, that'll resonate with you more than anything else, but you're a slave to this pre-determined destiny garbage that's magnetising you towards other shit.

Like those people who say they know smoking's going to kill them one day whilst simultaneously lighting up.

YOU'RE HUMAN, YOU CHOOSE

FFS
I change my vote to Giroud

Linius

Does anyone else find the idea of rewatching anything but comedies utterly unappealing? Never had the slightest inclination to rewatch any non-comedy film or programme, except for (bizarrely) Batman Begins.

In the PS2 days, I could play a 20 hour game 4 or 4 times, all the way through. But I've never wanted to do the same for even my favourite programmes

I rewatched GoT seasons 1 and 2. But other than that I don't I rewatched TV shows. Movies on the other hand I do rewatch. But that takes up way less time than a complete TV show.

That's sure to improve Suarez's mood, playing 2nd fiddle to little Danny from Birmingham.

Fuck his mood.

In all honesty this could give him a bit more attacking freedom, knowing the onus to be a threat in the box isn't completely on him so he really has no reason to complain.

And it's brilliant here in Brum. As long as you don't look at it. Danny should be in the England team just for hailing from this great city.

Yen

i fancy rewatching house of cards. "is that a playstation vitu?"

FootballFan

What happens in it?

I felt the suitcase was a pretty normal episode of Mad Men. I didn't know people were losing their shit over it until after. The Wheel though, that episode has a godly moment that I am fairly certain is one of my favourite moments in tv history and Man Men will likely never top it.

I had no idea people loved The Suitcase, but after I watched it, I posted in here like "wow...*thoughts on ep*", most replies guessed I was talking about that episode and said it is one of the best ones, not surprised. Probably my favourite one in MM.

Wilbur

Banned
Summer Heights High is incredible, sucks that you guys would find Jonah funny but not half as funny as Kiwis/Aussies would. Such a good character :lol

Mr G is the best, the bit where
he blames his shit on the downs syndrome boy (is it his shit? Or the dogs?) makes me fucking die with laughter even when I think about it

S1 was great though while most of S2 was kind of average.

Ah yeah

but it didn't really get big until S3 I think, so going from 2 to 3 and then 3 to 4 and then 4 to 5... nothingstopsthistrain.gif

YOU'RE HUMAN, YOU CHOOSE

FFS

no i just want to watch ian mcshane ham up the screen better than any motherfucker ever again before i watch jon hamm be better looking than me

I've rewatched The Wire and I've rewatched tons of my favourite movies, but when I'm just looking for something to chill out to its always a comedy.

Messi

I had no idea people loved The Suitcase, but after I watched it, I posted in here like "wow...*thoughts on ep*", most replies guessed I was talking about that episode and said it is one of the best ones, not surprised. Probably my favourite one in MM.

Maybe I just don't get it. It happens alot with mad men and me.

jtb

Banned

I'm the opposite, actually. I find I enjoy stuff more the second time around, the stuff I like anyways.

faridmon

And it's brilliant here in Brum. As long as you don't look at it. Danny should be in the England team just for hailing from this great city.

As much as I like Brum, Its quite boring here. But again I don't really have friends since I have spend most of my student life in London and I live quite far away from the town.

Yen

my favourite episode of mad men is the one where they sit around smoking, drinking whiskey and generally doing nothing of note

i fancy rewatching house of cards. "is that a playstation vitu?"

It was weird watching Breaking Bad with all the Sony cellphones, Vaios etc, and then Jesse is playing Sonic All-Stars Transformed Epic Racer Bro Better Than Mario Kart Return Of The King with 360 controllers

Mad Men is like this thread.

Lots of pages and no real substance to read.

No substance.

This fucking thread. I'm going to bed.

tumblr_m3f5f5QXuf1qeqdkco1_500.gif

Salvadora

Need to find the time for it. First I'm finishing Hannibal. It's better than I expected.

Probably my favourite show this year, or longer.

I've never seen anything quite like it. I wouldn't have thought they would've been able to get away with it. It is as beautiful as Giroud, every shot looks like painting.

Linius

Hannibal is amazing. It just keeps getting better and better.

How far in are you?

Five episodes in now. But it still feels a bit serialized to me at this point. But that was the same with the first season of Justified, shows a lot of promise and gets better as the season continues.

Once I've finished with Justified, I'm going to move on to Deadwood I think. Maybe the Sopranos.

How far are you? Justified S4 was a bit of a weird one, seemed a bit unfocussed compared to the first 3 and took a while to find its feet after they fucked about trying to turn it into a Hollywood film series in the first 2 episodes. Finale was shite as well.

Tim is relentlessly boss though

Linius

How far are you? Justified S5 was a bit of a weird one, seemed a bit unfocussed compared to the first 4 and took a while to find its feet after they fucked about trying to turn it into a Hollywood film series in the first 2 episodes. Finale was shite as well.

You can tell how much bullshit is to find in this post by the fact you think there are five seasons of Justified. Go home, you're drunk.

jtb

Banned
Bryan Fuller should never have left Heroes. Goddamn, I weep for all that wasted potential. I don't think I've ever seen a show decline in quality quite like Heroes did.

Fuck you Tim Kring.

Mastadon

Banned
Five episodes in now. But it still feels a bit serialized to me at this point. But that was the same with the first season of Justified, shows a lot of promise and gets better as the season continues.

Honestly just stick with it, the last four or five episodes are immense. Especially the finale.

How far are you? Justified S5 was a bit of a weird one, seemed a bit unfocussed compared to the first 4 and took a while to find its feet after they fucked about trying to turn it into a Hollywood film series in the first 2 episodes. Finale was shite as well.

Wait, I didn't think S5 was out yet?!

Edit: Haha! I've just watched episode 7 of S4.

You can tell how much bullshit is to find in this post by the fact you think there are five seasons of Justified. Go home, you're drunk.

Shit, just did the countdown of the main through-lines and there are 4 lol. The perils of watching entire runs of a programme in a month, the seasons blend :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom