• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Mad Men is like this thread.

Lots of pages and no real substance to read.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

I love Mad Men, it's my favourite show.

Can't believe you jokers are discussing singular episodes of BB. Please.

Also I now give such few shits about homeland I didn't even know s3 was coming. Need to get onto that.

Linius

As far as it goes for new series from this year?

1. House of Cards
2. The Americans
3. The Bridge

Need to finish Hannibal. Planning on watching Orange is the New Black.

But I'm telling y'all, FX is rolling it hard.

jtb

Banned

1. House of Cards
2. The Americans
3. The Bridge

I got bored with The Bridge a couple episodes in... does the pace pick up a bit?

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbs is going to owe me 20 quid.

Kyoufu owes me a PS4 game.

Life is good.

Hixx aint getting his PS4 off Quiche though :(

looooooooooooooooooooool get fucked,
people were fucking going nuts saying it was happening yesterday, didn't happen. it isn't happening

Zabojnik

Some of the Mad Men opinions from people who haven't even watched the show or didn't like it because it's "slow" (what the fuck does that even mean?) are frankly embarrassing. But hey, your loss.

Wilbur, I am disappoint.

Messi

1. House of Cards
2. The Americans
3. The Bridge

I personally thought Orange is the new Black was fantastic. The casting news about season 2 was pretty shitty though.

I also really liked Arrow after thinking I would hate it. Dat Manu Bennet.

I watched 3 episodes of House of Cards and enjoyed it, blought the blu and then my ps3 broke so I gotta get a new one to keep going.

Welcome to the new Arsenal fans.

As for my thoughts on TV shows:

Mad Men - Really wanna see, sounds interesting and I like that period.
Deadwood - Has some fucking poetic dialogue, seriously it's like if Shakespeare wrote a fucking TV show about a bunch of fucking cowboys starting up a cunt of a town. Amazing characters.
The Wire - sogood.gif
Breaking Bad - A visual feast. Jesus Christ Marie!
The Office (UK) - best comedy show ever <3

Only on s3 of the Sopranos, haven't watched it in weeks, forgotten most of it tbh :lol

Six Feet Under - Finished s2, great show.

kharma45

I personally thought Orange is the new Black was fantastic. The casting news about season 2 was pretty shitty though.

I also really liked Arrow after thinking I would hate it. Dat Manu Bennet.

I watched 3 episodes of House of Cards and enjoyed it, blought the blu and then my ps3 broke so I gotta get a new one to keep going.

Get Netflix peasant.

looooooooooooooooooooool get fucked,
people were fucking going nuts saying it was happening yesterday, didn't happen. it isn't happening

They were fools if they thought it would happen in the last ep. Ep 14 at the earliest.

Don't ask for whom the bell tolls Wilbs. We both know.

Some of the Mad Men opinions from people who haven't even watched the show or didn't like it because it's "slow" (what the fuck does that even mean?) are frankly embarrassing.

Its not an action show, which has regularly OTT explosions, shooting, drama etc.

I agree that the pace moves slowly, but you always feel like its building up towards something, being subtle. I love explosions, bang bang stuff as much as the next guy but thats not Mad Men.

Mad Men is fantastic though

Linius

Gonna get on with Hannibal tomorrow I think. I forgot to mention I only started watching it last week. It's not like I quit after the fifth episode :p

sneaky77

Orange is the new black was great
The bridge has been pretty awesome so far
Breaking Bad is amazing
low down or whatever that new show is after breaking bad I got bored after the second episode so I stopped.

never found mad men interesting so I've never watched it

House of Cards was really good.

Still the best show out there is Justified

Messi

Welcome to the new Arsenal fans.

As for my thoughts on TV shows:

Mad Men - Really wanna see, sounds interesting and I like that period.
Deadwood - Has some fucking poetic dialogue, seriously it's like if Shakespeare wrote a fucking TV show about a bunch of fucking cowboys starting up a cunt of a town. Amazing characters.
The Wire - sogood.gif
Breaking Bad - A visual feast. Jesus Christ Marie!
The Office (UK) - best comedy show ever <3

Only on s3 of the Sopranos, haven't watched it in weeks, forgotten most of it tbh :lol

Six Feet Under - Finished s2, great show.

The League is also fantastic, you don't even have to watch American Fooball. Those dudes/lady are hilarious.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes Messi, the League is hilarious. Don't know a fucking thing about handegg but I still love it

They were fools if they thought it would happen in the last ep. Ep 14 at the earliest.

Don't ask for whom the bell tolls Wilbs. We both know.

Just reading the episode titles for 13 and 14 especially are getting me fucking NUTS

14 is the high point. Believe. Final episode will be really good but too many people will bitch that it didn't end the way they wanted it to. Episode 15 will be slower to put all the final pieces in place.

but 14

14 is going to fucking go in HAM

Linius

I sense there aren't too many people in here who have seen The Americans? Or The Bridge for that matter.

FX never failed me on a drama series so far, get on with it guys.

The League is also fantastic, you don't even have to watch American Fooball. Those dudes/lady are hilarious.
I've seen a few episodes. but with a comedy series, there's no real storyline, so I kinda feel like I can jump in and watch a few, laugh, and then jump out :p

Good show tho.

Mastadon

Banned
I sense there aren't too many people in here who have seen The Americans? Or The Bridge for that matter.

FX never failed me on a drama series so far, get on with it guys.

Both are on my list, but I've just finished with Hannibal and The Killing, so another dark gritty cop show like the Bridge can wait :p

Wilbur

Banned
Is Castle good? 2 seasons of it on Netflix.

Or maybe I should watch Justified.

I don't want to start watching anything new while Breaking Bad's on and I'm in the middle of 30 Rock I'll get all confused

Arnie

Most interesting: The Wire
Most entertaining: Tie between Breaking Bad and Justified

Shove that up your collective arse

Not seen Justified but Mad Men and Sopranos entertained me more than Breaking Bad. As did Lost.

This final half season of Breaking Bad is a bit pants, too.

kharma45

Is Castle good? 2 seasons of it on Netflix.

Or maybe I should watch Justified.

I don't want to start watching anything new while Breaking Bad's on and I'm in the middle of 30 Rock I'll get all confused

Castle is class. I've seen the first too, Channel 5 had it at one stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom