• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I sense there aren't too many people in here who have seen The Americans? Or The Bridge for that matter.

FX never failed me on a drama series so far, get on with it guys.

The Americans is pretty great. Stumbles here and there, but always manages to recover. The Bridge is ... ehhh. Justified is fantastic.

Wilbz, Castle is shit. Procedural shit. Not even Nathan Fillion can save it.

bobito

Banned
Is Castle good? 2 seasons of it on Netflix.

Or maybe I should watch Justified.

I don't want to start watching anything new while Breaking Bad's on and I'm in the middle of 30 Rock I'll get all confused

You can't watch more then 2 tv programmes? does your brain function at woodward level mate? :p

sneaky77

Is Castle good? 2 seasons of it on Netflix.

Or maybe I should watch Justified.

I don't want to start watching anything new while Breaking Bad's on and I'm in the middle of 30 Rock I'll get all confused

Castle is pretty laid back comedic stuff, I really enjoy it

Wilbur

Banned
You can't watch more then 2 tv programmes? does your brain function at woodward level mate? :p

Well I'll just be confused trying to decide what to watch haha. I'm on the last season of 30 Rock on Netflix anyway, about 12 episodes left. Then will watch a comedy. One comedy, one drama. That's the way I'm gon roll

Linius

The Americans is pretty great. Stumbles here and there, but always manages to recover. The Bridge is ... ehhh.

You seen all The Bridge eps so far? The Bridge is surely less than Justified, The Americans or other FX dramas but still pretty great. Everytime you think they do something predictable it turns round pretty quickly. The twist in the last episode was great.

bobito

Banned
Not seen Justified but Mad Men and Sopranos entertained me more than Breaking Bad. As did Lost.

This final half season of Breaking Bad is a bit pants, too.

I think I enjoyed lost at the time because I was so young, can't imagine dealing with kate, jack and sawyers love triangle now.

bobito

Banned
Well I'll just be confused trying to decide what to watch haha. I'm on the last season of 30 Rock on Netflix anyway, about 12 episodes left. Then will watch a comedy. One comedy, one drama. That's the way I'm gon roll

Have you ever watched parks and recreation, fav comedy ever. Skip season 1 though.

Clegg

30 Rock is fantastic. A genuine laugh out loud comedy.

Everyone should watch Suits too. Even if you don't find it funny or dramatic. You should watch it for Donna.

sneaky77

You seen all The Bridge eps so far? The Bridge is surely less than Justified, The Americans or other FX dramas but still pretty great. Everytime you think they do something predictable it turns round pretty quickly. The twist in the last episode was great.

The bridge is class, is a slower burn.

The americans was good, it got better as it went along.

Wilbur

Banned
BB is not really entertaining lol, it's great storytelling tho, and it's beautifully shot and acted. Also really damn tense, damn.

you're a dumber cunt than I thought

And you couldn't divide 350 by ten last week.

Have you ever watched parks and recreation, fav comedy ever. Skip season 1 though.

Yeah mang! S1 is watchable but I'm glad it was so short. 2, 3 and 4 are amazing. Can't wait for 5 to come on Netflucks.

Arnie

oh my fucking god

also arnie you cunt this is like the eleventh time i've asked you if you've seen in the loop and s4 of ttoi and you ignore me every time are you hiding something

where is peter's body

What is 'In the Loop'?

And I've got about three episode to go on TToI.

FootballFan

Some of the Mad Men opinions from people who haven't even watched the show or didn't like it because it's "slow" (what the fuck does that even mean?) are frankly embarrassing. But hey, your loss.

Wilbur, I am disappoint.

Yep.

It comes down to who's taste do you guys trust more.

Zabojnik, Arnie, Viva, Wooden, Messi, Steverulez, Bobito, Linius, Me! etc

vs

Fry, Hitcher, Kharma(LOL), ElTopo(I think?)

Nothing else needs to be said lol.

I watched Arrow thinking it was Archer.

Haha mix those 2 up nearly every single time.. still don't know the difference, haven't seen either.

Linius

The bridge is class, is a slower burn.

The americans was good, it got better as it went along.

Both series have a great cast too. Didn't know what to expect from Kruger but she does really great. Though I can see how people might be annoyed by her character.

kharma45

Yep.

It comes down to who's taste do you guys trust more.

Zabojnik, Arnie, Viva, Wooden, Messi, Steverulez, Bobito, Linius, Me! etc

vs

Fry, Hitcher, Kharma(LOL)

Nothing else needs to be said lol.

Haha mix those 2 up nearly every single time.. still don't know the difference, haven't seen either.

:(

Just reading the episode titles for 13 and 14 especially are getting me fucking NUTS

14 is the high point. Believe. Final episode will be really good but too many people will bitch that it didn't end the way they wanted it to. Episode 15 will be slower to put all the final pieces in place.

but 14

14 is going to fucking go in HAM

I'm not sure why the title for 13 is getting you all sweaty

Wilbur

Banned
What is 'In the Loop'?

And I've got about three episode to go on TToI.

It's The Thick Of It movie. Capaldi. Gandolfini. Hollander. It's amazing.

Some of the Mad Men opinions from people who haven't even watched the show or didn't like it because it's "slow" (what the fuck does that even mean?) are frankly embarrassing. But hey, your loss.

Wilbur, I am disappoint.

u fucking mug I was being flippant. I've said since that I'm sure I'll love it and I'll get round to it, but there's other things I'd rather watch first.

What does this mean?

That it's a really bad show with money spent on it. It was good until a certain point, then the show turned insanely bad. Laughably so even.

YES MY FUCKING MAN

TRUTH

Timeline

Brilliant
Writer leaves
Shit
Everyone stops watching
New writers
Very good
Gets cancelled
Ends on a cliffhanger
No conclusion, no film, no chance of a reprisal

Fuck :(

Who are you talking to and which show is this?

Clegg

Everyone should really give the first series of Justified a watch. You won't be able to gauge the quality of the show in just a few episodes. It's fucking brilliant. And so is Archer no matter what Kharma says.

Zabojnik

I had / have a hard time getting into it. I really don't like the show's portrayal of Mexico. Feels too ... cliche. Some of the characters are almost cartoonish. Not a big fan of Diane Kruger's "asparger" acting either, although I gotta say I'm slowly warming up to her. I really enjoyed the last two episodes though. Looks like the show might be slowly finding its footing. I'll keep watching.

FootballFan

When you do watch it, take your time. It's not a programme you want to binge on.

Yep, you can ask Linius, I'd be on the same episode for 2 weeks even though I had every episode right there and ready.

Took me probably a year(or more) to catch up just 6 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom