• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seen all The Bridge eps so far? The Bridge is surely less than Justified, The Americans or other FX dramas but still pretty great. Everytime you think they do something predictable it turns round pretty quickly. The twist in the last episode was great.

Is this the same the bridge from Denmark? Hate it.

;'We have to go back' is one of those massive spoilers that enters the zeitgeist and ruins it for everyone who didn't watch it when it first aired.

People who use story-related, latter-season Breaking Bad gifs as reaction gifs are scum

Arnie

Mad Men's my favourite programme on telly, and I've got witnesses in this thread who heard me cursing and huffing whilst trying to play Journey for the first time.

So stick that up your rectum my sumptuous Italian friend.

And with that I must sleep. For tomorrow I've got to work nine hours and watch In The Loop when I get in.

bobito

Banned
;'We have to go back' is one of those massive spoilers that enters the zeitgeist and ruins it for everyone who didn't watch it when it first aired.

People who use story-related, latter-season Breaking Bad gifs as reaction gifs are scum

It first came out 9 years ago, come on.

Linius

I had / have a hard time getting into it. I really don't like the show's portrayal of Mexico. Feels too ... cliche. Some of the characters are almost cartoonish. Not a big fan of Diane Kruger's "asparger" acting either, although I gotta say I'm slowly warming up to her. I really enjoyed the last two episodes though. Looks like the show might be slowly finding its footing. I'll keep watching.

Good, love to hear your opinion when it's finished.

Though I don't think Mexico is too cliche. Juarez is really a poor city with lot's of criminal activity and they film on site. I think that's one of the best parts of the series.

Is this the same the bridge from Denmark? Hate it.

It's modeled after the Danish one yes. But due to a completely different setting it feels different I imagine. Haven't seen the original though.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie playing Journey was hilarious

"what the fuck is this"
"nah mate, this isn't on"
"who's this little red twat"
"why's there so much sand"
"fucking crap"

Koko

Banned
As far as it goes for new series from this year?

1. House of Cards
2. The Americans
3. The Bridge

Need to finish Hannibal. Planning on watching Orange is the New Black.

But I'm telling y'all, FX is rolling it hard.

I did my Top 5 when I finished watching Orphan Black. Since then I have been catching up with Orange is the New Black and The Bridge. So far:

1. House of Cards
2. The Americans
3. Orphan Black
4. Hannibal.
5. Orange is the New Black/ The Bridge.

Will decide once I'm done which one deserves to be on my top 5.

FootballFan

Journey was shit

if i want to walk around a seemingly endless and lonely desert for an hour i'll go to the etihad

:lol

Interesting. Was just wondering, but interesting nonetheless.

edit
Still don't know what this "we have to go back" stuff people have been posting for years is about.

Salvadora

I read the article the Mirror put up about how Arsenal signed Ozil, by John Cross.

Suspiciously Kroenke is portrayed as playing a big role....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looooool <3 Arnie

I swear I'm going to watch Mad Men next week. Too many trust worthy posters/people I know are recommending it.

Linius

If there's one thing I learned on the internet it is that gaming tastes and taste in music or TV shows don't compare to each other. For example I like niche music and European films. But in games I pretty much play all the big blockbuster games and a handfull of XBLA Indie games. My taste in games would probably be frowned upon by a lot of hardcore gamers :p

Zabojnik

I want a new Star Trek on TV.

Okay, add kharma to the 'posters with good taste' group. Fuck, I'd kill for a proper sci-fi show, preferenty one that has to do with space. Battlestar Galactica, as bad and contrived as it became in the last season, left a void in my heart.

Arnie playing Journey was hilarious

"what the fuck is this"
"nah mate, this isn't on"
"who's this little red twat"
"why's there so much sand"
"fucking crap"

Playing journey while on mumble with a bunch of people playing the last of us probably couldn't be a worse setting to be fair.

Wilbur

Banned
All I know about lost is that there's a plane, an island, a fat man, a wheelchair, a polar bear, a hobbit and a black man with a beard

kharma45

Okay, add kharma to the 'posters with good taste' group. Fuck, I'd kill for a proper sci-fi show, preferenty one that has to do with space. Battlestar Galactica, as bad and contrived as it became in the last season, left a void in my heart.

I'm yet to watch B5, BSG or Stargate so I'm gonna blitz them some day.

Not every footballer can adjust to blood spinning that quickly.

That reminds me of the story on doping in Football which Beckenbauer recently told on live TV:
"Of course I got vitamin shots from the doc! No idea what was in it. The doc told me that it's a vitamin shot."

Bayern, winning things with doping since 1964.

4????
I read 2-3 weeks

Well, 3-4 is what I read, which basically is 4 weeks unless there's some miraculous healing.

Wilbur

Banned
Playing journey while on mumble with a bunch of people playing the last of us probably couldn't be a worse setting to be fair.

I played it at 11pm, alone in my front room with all the lights off and nothing but a Vimto to keep me company.

It was boring. Nice to look at but just fucking boring.

AAA games only please #letmeplayryse #qteforever

I played it at 11pm, alone in my front room with all the lights off and nothing but a Vimto to keep me company.

It was boring. Nice to look at but just fucking boring.

AAA games only please #letmeplayryse #qteforever

I didn't talk about your fry level video game opinions for a reason, chicken fume brain.

Yen

I want a HBO/AMC Dredd show in the vein of the recent movie. Or a new Star Trek as Kharma says, but I've only watched bits and bobs of TOS and TNG

I gueniely (fuck can't spell hahahahaha) liked LOST for about 3 seasons. Was fun, interesting and original. Then it started doing the time-travel bullshit and it got silly. I kept watching tho, can't remember what ep I'm on now. Walkabout and The Constant are brilliant eps.

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't talk about your fry level video game opinions for a reason, chicken fume brain.

player_311338.jpg

we will always have assassin's creed 2

FootballFan

All I know about Lost is that horrible Submarine thing haha.

Looooool <3 Arnie

I swear I'm going to watch Mad Men next week. Too many trust worthy posters/people I know are recommending it.

Just watch it(go in without either horrible or amazing expectations) and finish season 1. See if you like it, if not, oh well. My problem is people just not liking it without having even watched it.

FootballFan

I gueniely (fuck can't spell hahahahaha) liked LOST for about 3 seasons. Was fun, interesting and original. Then it started doing the time-travel bullshit and it got silly. I kept watching tho, can't remember what ep I'm on now. Walkabout and The Constant are brilliant eps.

/deceased

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watched BSG's pilot way back and I loved it

And I..have no idea why I stopped watching. Life, I guess.

That season aired what, 5 years ago? And it didn't take long after it first aired for people to throw it around
We have to go back to the cave
We have to go back to house
We have to go back to the beach

hahaha incredible.

Are you seriously suggesting I shouldn't discuss spoilers from a tv programme that aired 5 years ago.?

No, I'm saying that its annoying that people threw it around, as well as blatant references to the story turn, soon after the episode aired. There is no set period after which it becomes acceptable to neglect spoiler warnings, but as someone who always intended to catch up with Lost, it was impossible to avod that particular spoiler even 6 months after the episode, as it became a part of pop culture which was endlessly referenced in even th most irrelevant threads. I doubt there's a person in this thread, Lost-watcher or not, who wouldn't know the twist as soon as they started watching that season because its been so freely spoiled for so long

Wilbur

Banned
I watched BSG's pilot way back and I loved it

And I..have no idea why I stopped watching. Life, I guess.

I loved it but I just stopped watching it around season 3. Same with Six Feet Under season 2 which I loved as well. Like you say. Life.

now I have free time again because i have no life now

valeo

Just watch it(go in without either horrible or amazing expectations) and finish season 1. See if you like it, if not, oh well. My problem is people just not liking it without having even watched it.

I think get past the first 5 episodes - it starts quite slow, but if you like it after the 5th episoe then you'll probably like them all.

Journey was shit

if i want to walk around a seemingly endless and lonely desert for an hour i'll go to the etihad

Do you like anything or are you just eternally bitter at the world for the hands dealt to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom