• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
No, I'm saying that its annoying that people threw it around, as well as blatant references to the story turn, soon after the episode aired. There is no set period after which it becomes acceptable to neglect spoiler warnings, but as someone who always intended to catch up with Lost, it was impossible to avod that particular spoiler even 6 months after the episode, as it became a part of pop culture which was endlessly referenced in even th most irrelevant threads. I doubt there's a person in this thread, Lost-watcher or not, who wouldn't know the twist as soon as they started watching that season because its been so freely spoiled for so long

Fair play, I think I just misunderstood you. I agree on all accounts.

Nope, all previews today are from the 360 version

Odd. Perhaps they're leading on 360 to make porting to PC/PS4/Xbox One easier. Otherwise I would have said leading on PS3 was a no-brainer after looking at the trouble they had GTAIV, Red Dead and then other devs have had with games like Skyrim.

bobito

Banned
I loved it but I just stopped watching it around season 3. Same with Six Feet Under season 2 which I loved as well. Like you say. Life.

now I have free time again because i have no life now

I genuinely hate the period between uni and starting a job.

Linius

iwNPbsFuejqYk.gif

FootballFan

No, I'm saying that its annoying that people threw it around, as well as blatant references to the story turn, soon after the episode aired. There is no set period after which it becomes acceptable to neglect spoiler warnings, but as someone who always intended to catch up with Lost, it was impossible to avod that particular spoiler even 6 months after the episode, as it became a part of pop culture which was endlessly referenced in even th most irrelevant threads. I doubt there's a person in this thread, Lost-watcher or not, who wouldn't know the twist as soon as they started watching that season because its been so freely spoiled for so long

Breaking Bad gifs are the worst.

"there are only billions of reaction gifs, but surely no one will mind a gif from the breaking bad episode that aired 30minutes ago".

They should allow gifs to be in spoiler tags.

Shooting was fine, story was alright... I don't know why, I just enjoyed it at least until it started feeling like a wave based shooter.

Mafia 1 however of course is still the superior game.

Maybe I got to the point that you're talking about, I just don't feel like playing it anymore.

I've always wanted to play Mafia 1, is it on Steam?

Wilbur

Banned
things i dont like:

the blind
the poor
the different coloured people
arsenal football club
the sick
the christians
the lesbians
mushrooms

Linius

So there's two things to finish this week. The Last of Us and Hannibal's first season. Next week I will be back in uni mode so I better get on with it.

Zabojnik

Though I don't think Mexico is too cliche. Juarez is really a poor city with lot's of criminal activity and they film on site. I think that's one of the best parts of the series.

I guess my gripe it's really with some of the Mexican characters, not so much with Juarez as the setting. They're just so one-dimensional. So far, at least. Like the mexican police chief (look at me, I'm slimy and corrupted!) and the cartel leader. On the other hand though ... Marco Ruiz is easily my favourite character and I think there's a lot of potential in the unlikely relationship between the american and mexican reporter.

The writing could be (much) better too, but all in all, it's enough to keep me interested. :)

I swear I'm going to watch Mad Men next week. Too many trust worthy posters/people I know are recommending it.

Follow bobito's and FF's advice and you'll be fine. Forget everything you've read about the show here, take it slow and easy and saviour the period, the characters, the writing. I loved it from the first episode, but I guess the show does take a while to really get going. Stick with it and pay attention, you'll be rewared tenfold in the later seasons. If you're not feeling it by season 2, you never will. :)

valeo

mad men is fucking pretentious turd

Well written and well thought out does not = pretentious. Such a stupid way of viewing things. Guess I thought the same after watching the first 3 or 4 episodes - but after that, it turns into an amazing show that has gotten better every season.

Someone's inability to enjoy a game because it was made by less than 350 people is something I talked about with my brother a lot.

He refuses to play Limbo, Flower, Journey, Braid etc just because they're labeled indie games.

I lied to him and told him Gaucamelee is a disc game sold on the store and he started it.

No idea. Probably aged terrible like all old open world games.

It's not anyway.

Some Timesplitters offical by-product appears to have been given the go-ahead. Even if its good, Crytek will barge back in and start developing Timsplitters 4, which they'll inevitably fuck up.

So there's two things to finish this week. The Last of Us and Hannibal's first season. Next week I will be back in uni mode so I better get on with it.

My co-worker's son does the 'gore' for Hannibal. She's always on at me to watch it but I'm worried it will be awful and I won't be able to hide my scorn.

Wilbur

Banned
Flower was nice, it would make a nice desktop background. It wasn't a very good videogame though.

I liked Tetris

and pokemon snap

does that count

Linius

Someone's inability to enjoy a game because it was made by less than 350 people is something I talked about with my brother a lot.

He refuses to play Limbo, Flower, Journey, Braid etc just because they're labeled indie games.

I lied to him and told him Gaucamelee is a disc game sold on the store and he started it.

It's not anyway.

I loved Limbo. Even paid full price on release day and finished it like two hours later :lol

Wilbur

Banned
is jazz music purely a means to exploring culture from a begotten era or is it a viable commercial alleyway in which musicians should experiment

Linius

Every since I got back to my production job I remember how much I hated radio. I've been haunted by multiple songs lately :(

Flower was nice, it would make a nice desktop background. It wasn't a very good videogame though.

I liked Tetris

and pokemon snap

does that count

What is a video game though? /Hipster

Journey has a few gueniely good moments though, it's not even that long but I don't think those moments would work alone. You gotta be playing with someone online.

I loved Limbo. Even paid full price on release day and finished it like two hours later :lol

Limbo is fantastic, while on the topic of downloadable games Shadow Complex has to be one of the best I've ever played.

Fergie

Banned
Let me go off-topic.

Seems RM are trying to keep the Bale's real figure + wages hidden even going as far to have plans to deny whatever Spurs say. :lol

Oh and,

OeKaU0t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom