• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Not at all. People like Jay Z who used to be (apparently) good have become corporate, idealess whores, which displays itself not only in their own music, but in that of the artists they are influencing. Does hip-hop have anyone who still has the authenticity of 90s hip hop and can influence new artists into following suit, or are they stuck on the path that leads ever closer to middle-of-the-road, risk-free, generic shite

Oh there's enough hiphop that don't go commercially. But the artists I'm going on about aren't even making records anymore or stopped in it's entirety. From recent big artists I think Kendrick is a good example of someone who makes good quality rap and not just commercial bullshit. And from the old school the one band I can think of who still make great albums are The Roots. Ever listened to Undun? The concept of that album is just so brilliant thought trough.

For quality hiphop in todays market you should look for underground rap for the most part. Stuff like Doppelgangaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHN8LzYfXmg

Sounds like a typical night with Dan. Dude always comes home injured :p

/expungedoflife

i'm still in shock about the amount of vomit.

i was in the opposite goal, so i didn't see the broken fingers, just the vomit but the second guy was like 5 meters away from me and goes "oh god, oh god... bleurgh". vomit all over his fuckin legs and his Adidas, pretty sure they were a pair of SpeedTricks:

http://www.soccerpro.com/adidas-Fre...or-Soccer-Shoes-Electricity-with-Blue-p14373/

vomit.

Linius

7DnAVQH.png

Omg, Rotterdam is being trolled so hard with this. Ajax street :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'd hit Serena, but lets be honest she would wreck the penises of 95% of the male population, you'd need a Ramon type of penis to even put a dent on that ass.

Error

Spelunky is good, but I prefer FTL. The space theme of FTL puts it over Spelunky for me.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1h
Cesc: "I only think about triumphing at Barça, in front of my crowd and with these teammates. I wouldn't leave if a team doubles my salary."

Fabregod :bow

FootballFan

Spelunky is good, but I prefer FTL. The space theme of FTL puts it over Spelunky for me.

Cesc: "I only think about triumphing at Barça, in front of my crowd and with these teammates. I wouldn't leave if a team doubles my salary."

:')

With Cesc, Neymar and GOAT anything is possible, even with that defense.

H1G6NWf.jpg

FuturusX

Probably been covered but do we know how UTD were left with their dicks in the wind? Those guys were not in fact importers at all...what's the story there?

Probably been covered but do we know how UTD were left with their dicks in the wind? Those guys were not in fact importers at all...what's the story there?

they imported nothing, that much is right.

essentially, United is pretty shite this season and no one wants to go there. only Fellaini.

K1LLER7

Not at all. People like Jay Z who used to be (apparently) good have become corporate, idealess whores, which displays itself not only in their own music, but in that of the artists they are influencing. Does hip-hop have anyone who still has the authenticity of 90s hip hop and can influence new artists into following suit, or are they stuck on the path that leads ever closer to middle-of-the-road, risk-free, generic shite
Kendrick is the only mainstream hip hop artist at the moment who has thst hint of 90's music in his work. Others like Kanye, Drake, Rick Ross, etc seem to have moved away from that 90's, early 2000 sound.

Seeing JT have success with songs like 'suit and tie' and 'take back the night', along with Robin Thicke's blurred line success, I couls see more artists making similar styles of mysic. Bruno Mars also took a bit of a risk with something like 'treasure'.

Messi

thankyou.gif

Cesc, I love you :p

Hey guys, should I read IGNs Preview/Review thingy they did today? I want more GTA news as most do. But I am not sure if I should. If its too spoilery ill stay away.

Linius

I know if that gif I posted was from Adnan you guys would cream all over it :(

EDIT

I'm delighted someone responded, thank you old man!

Messi

Bro five

We'll form a crew with Messi.

I will hopefully have both, but yes Linius you can be in my crew. I am da boss though. As I am the nearest thing to a gangster we have.

edit: I will have 360 day one. Ps3 depends on when I can get a new ps3 sent from the usa. Shipping from videogamesplus is 70 dollas and amazon wont ship to me.

Error

:')

With Cesc, Neymar and GOAT anything is possible, even with that defense.

H1G6NWf.jpg

Hard to believe that Martino is the only coach that didnt try to make him into a cheap Xavi clone Pep and Tito almost destroyed him because of that, Cesc will never be like Xavi because he is way more direct with his passing and doesn't like dicking around with horizontal passes when he can make a defense splitting through ball that puts a forward one on one against a gk. We need the directness he brings, with Xavi we have become too slow and predictable. This is his year, feel sorry for Xavi for all that he gave us these past 5 years but I think Cesc will phase him out of the starting lineup as the season goes along.

Meier

http://i.minus.com/i3PK5dZhxDpfw.gif[img]

Remember his name guys. We smashed PSV away 2-4 (youngsters).[/QUOTE]

My goodness that's some goal. He isn't in my FM saves (probably don't have a big enough database) but definitely looks like one to watch!

Linius

Good on you Messi! :p

So we got Meier, Will, WJD, Messi and Me? That's a decent crew already guys. PS3 can suck on that.

My goodness that's some goal. He isn't in my FM saves (probably don't have a big enough database) but definitely looks like one to watch!

To be fair he played shit most of the other matches this season. He's been with us since february this year I think. He plays for the Serbian youngsters too. But from time to time he does things like this and the people at the club strongly believe in him. Together with Lobodka and Andersen he should be one of our most promising players.

Wilbur

Banned
Good on you Messi! :p

So we got Meier, Will, WJD, Messi and Me? That's a decent crew already guys. PS3 can suck on that.

You have

* someone who will call every single 3 foot bike jump AMAZING THAT WAS THE GREATEST STUNT OF ALL TIME
* someone who leaves women outside in the pouring rain as they ring his mobile 11 times
* someone who I'm pretty sure is close to losing a toe
* someone who has never left a toilet in less than 35 minutes
* a Dutch person

good luck with that

Linius

You have

* someone who will call every single 3 foot bike jump AMAZING THAT WAS THE GREATEST STUNT OF ALL TIME
* someone who leaves women outside in the pouring rain as they ring his mobile 11 times
* someone who I'm pretty sure is close to losing a toe
* someone who has never left a toilet in less than 35 minutes
* a Dutch person

good luck with that

But now we have Yenrot so your argument is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom