• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to register here using your ps3 id, then add hitcher as a friend and he'll invite you into the crew.
Some punk took Major_Lazer from me...shattering. Had to add ARS on the end to show the love, gonna be posting more in footy GAF than NFL GAF due to the fact that Arsenal have more chance than the Cardinals of giving me any joy this year....that should tell you how bad the Cardinals are.

fuenf

'Pep is like Jogi' hopefully he is just talking about their dressing styles....

3,w=591,c=0.bild.jpg

bjaelke

Rooney, pictured arriving at Manchester United’s training ground on Tuesday, was accidentally kicked by defender Phil Jones during training and photographs of the damage were sent by United to England to show why the striker would not be reporting for duty.
“I have seen a picture and it is a very, very big gash,’’ Walcott said. “It’s not nice to see. It’s like something out of a horror film. It is not going to help his looks
I beg to differ.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Probably bullshit but WHY NOT
RvP's pal "Robin isn't happy and when he's frustrated he's capable of something silly and you could see that against Liverpool"

"He feels it isn't the same with Moyes as it was with Fergie. Some of Moyes' training methods are not to his liking either"

-

sympathy for mr. vengeance is even better.
Oh yeah, I watched that one too! Thanks.
Jazz music is fucking swag as fuck, cool people listen to it.
elseanio. <3

"I was sitting in my hotel room in Brussels when the phone went to tell me I was going out on loan again. It was 7 pm, and that was the first I knew of it. There had not been a mention of it before then, but after speaking to my parents, I decided to take the plunge.

Samuel Eto’o signing for Chelsea didn’t influence my decision, because I was already behind Fernando Torres in the pecking order anyway.

I talked to the manager as well, and while what he said was confidential, it just underlined that he is the best coach I have worked with. Some beat about the bush, but he comes out straight and tells you what he thinks. As a player, that is what you want.

The important thing, at 20, is to be playing, and while West Brom was an option, Everton was a better one. There are a few things I need to improve in my game, and Everton’s footballing approach and possession play can be perfect for me. My movement and runs to the far post and near post could be better, and I have already had a good, long conversation with the manager Roberto Martinez about that."

Only played for him for a month, already the best in world for him

dc89

Walcott says Rooney's head injury is like something out of a horror movie.

It's not the first and it certainly won't be the last time he has a nasty gash.

bjaelke

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
According to Portuguese press, Ronaldo and Nani stayed up on Monday with Coentrao. He thought he was a #MUFC player, there were tears.

Barzul

What striker could replace RVP's output at Arsenal in terms of goal output and chance creation? Suarez, Liverpool will never let us have it seems and Lewandowski is Bayern bound, can't think of anyone else. Probably hasn't been discovered yet. We'll see how Muriel does this season, might be an option if he can stay fit. On a different note, can't wait to play GTAV, wish it was coming to next-gen, I'd buy it twice if I had to.

Barzul

"I was sitting in my hotel room in Brussels when the phone went to tell me I was going out on loan again. It was 7 pm, and that was the first I knew of it. There had not been a mention of it before then, but after speaking to my parents, I decided to take the plunge.

Samuel Eto’o signing for Chelsea didn’t influence my decision, because I was already behind Fernando Torres in the pecking order anyway.

I talked to the manager as well, and while what he said was confidential, it just underlined that he is the best coach I have worked with. Some beat about the bush, but he comes out straight and tells you what he thinks. As a player, that is what you want.

The important thing, at 20, is to be playing, and while West Brom was an option, Everton was a better one. There are a few things I need to improve in my game, and Everton’s footballing approach and possession play can be perfect for me. My movement and runs to the far post and near post could be better, and I have already had a good, long conversation with the manager Roberto Martinez about that."

Only played for him for a month, already the best in world for him
He has a really good attitude, I'd have kept him over Ba if it was my decision.

Salazar

Sport Witness &#8207;@Sport_Witness 2m
According to AS, Ronaldo told Portuguese team mates that Ozil's exit is "very bad news for me".

Oh Perez

Left cupping Bale's balls, at your toxic club

Barzul

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
Tears do sound very strong, can't be that bad staying at Real Madrid! The whole Portuguese set-up supported him. Poor lamb.
I'm always wary about players bought from Portugal, it's usually hit or miss. Like Ronaldo vs Quaresma (whatever happened to him?).

If there's one thing that annoys me about this transfer window is the supposed opinion some clubs have made about us because of the way we conducted deals. That could be quite harmful.

Smeghead

Just got back from a bar in New York called P.J Clarkes and I shit you not Christina Hendricks walked through the door.

I almost tore a hole in my jeans front.

Lightning

Banned
If there's one thing that annoys me about this transfer window is the supposed opinion some clubs have made about us because of the way we conducted deals. That could be quite harmful.
I honestly think it is what has held Arsenal back for so long. Our desire to get the best possible deal sees us go in with super low bids which causes the club we're trying to buy from to get pissed off, player we're trying to get doesn't feel valued, and negioations from that point are just an uphill battle.

Arsenal done themselves no favors in this window. We pissed off Liverpool with how we went about things, we used Cabaye as a smoke screen while we secretly done a deal for Ozil disrupting Newcastles season with no intention of buying the player, we low balled Valencia to piss them off etc etc

Flamini was what our 4th choice DM? We went for Felliani first but fee too high, Asier was next but Sociedad's price and Real interferring killed that, then we went for Gustavo and we all know how that went. In the end sign Flamini on the free and claim a success

Goal keeper was the same. Held talks with Stoke at the start and didn't follow up, Big links to Cesar didn't follow up [fuck knows why], low balled AGAIN for Guaita pissing Valencia off, end up with Seria B GK....

Nothing to be proud off in that window other than Ozil salvaged it somewhat.

@Timu and Major Laser, add Rowan_D on the RSC and I'll invite you

Got a couple of friend requests from people I don't know, if anyone is reading this and it was you, send me anothr one with a message saying who you are :)

Clegg

The Guardian are saying Moyes and Woodward aren't happy with how the transfer window went (what a surprise) and that plans are already being made for January.

Salazar

The Guardian are saying Moyes and Woodward aren't happy with how the transfer window went (what a surprise) and that plans are already being made for January.

I'll write the fucking list

Queiroz
Meulensteen
Ronaldo
Marchisio
Abdulrahman
Guilavogui (I'm not giving up - fuck you Atleti)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All the WCQ should be played in the summer of 2013/2015/2017 etc. A full year before the WC and a year after the Euros/African Cup

And you're likely going to the WC with almost the exact same XI that actually made qualifying possible.

And scrap the fucking Confederations Cup.

LTWheels

I expect they will have a good January.

Look what happened to us. After our poor showing last summer, management was determined not to repeat the same mistake in January.

Yen

All the WCQ should be played in the summer of 2013/2015/2017 etc. A full year before the WC and a year after the Euros/African Cup

And you're likely going to the WC with almost the exact same XI that actually made qualifying possible.

And scrap the fucking Confederations Cup.

Replace WCQ with a lottery system.

Group A:
Beilze
Central African Republic
Slovenia
Vatican City

GorillaJu

Read that. I'm curious who they see as being accountable in this situation. Is Moyes pissed at Woodward, or vice versa, or what?

Read that. I'm curious who they see as being accountable in this situation. Is Moyes pissed at Woodward, or vice versa, or what?

Moyes - Unrealistic targets, should have given up on targets far sooner than he did. Threw a spanner in the works with his bollocks about Everton doing what's right for Fellaini and Baines, Everton are a very proud club.

Woodward - Incompetent negotiator, incompetent strategist. Probably has advisors who are to blame as well

Wonder where he was actually going when he left that tour early

Lightning

Banned
Moyes - Unrealistic targets, should have given up on targets far sooner than he did. Threw a spanner in the works with his bollocks about Everton doing what's right for Fellaini and Baines, Everton are a very proud club.

Woodward - Incompetent negotiator, incompetent strategist. Probably has advisors who are to blame as well

Wonder where he was actually going when he left that tour early
There was no way that Everton were going to part with Baines for anything less than what they want. Baines is a professional, he won't kick up a stink, and he is absolutely crucial to Everton. They would be stupid to let him go.

Everton have done fantastic in this window. Held onto Baines, grabbed Lukaku, Brought in McCarthy. Well done and they need to stop drawing their matches and start winning some games.

Jack cw

Curious to see what class player is available in January and to what prices.. This sounds like United is a bit in panic mode...

Carbonox

I honestly don't get how British clubs could wait until the last day to get their transfers done. Seems like a bad idea.

They reckon they can catch clubs off guard with shit deals as a temptation, not realising that it's the opposite that will happen (overpricing) because teams can't find replacements in time.

Why clubs still do it makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom