• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of 27 other members to have seen my helmet close up

Nsomajb.png

confuziz

Banned
I'm not getting GTA V for the PS3. Waste of money imo when the PS4 is less than 3 months ahead.

I'll buy it on the PC or the PS4 (when it releases that is)

rvy

Banned
Tell me why people are getting GTA on Xbox > PS3?

I thought all the gameplay shown was on PS3?

Because the PS3 is a shit console for multiplatform titles. Unless the PS3 was lead platform on GTA V, it will also be shit.

I honestly think it is what has held Arsenal back for so long. Our desire to get the best possible deal sees us go in with super low bids which causes the club we're trying to buy from to get pissed off, player we're trying to get doesn't feel valued, and negioations from that point are just an uphill battle.

Arsenal done themselves no favors in this window. We pissed off Liverpool with how we went about things, we used Cabaye as a smoke screen while we secretly done a deal for Ozil disrupting Newcastles season with no intention of buying the player, we low balled Valencia to piss them off etc etc

Flamini was what our 4th choice DM? We went for Felliani first but fee too high, Asier was next but Sociedad's price and Real interferring killed that, then we went for Gustavo and we all know how that went. In the end sign Flamini on the free and claim a success

Goal keeper was the same. Held talks with Stoke at the start and didn't follow up, Big links to Cesar didn't follow up [fuck knows why], low balled AGAIN for Guaita pissing Valencia off, end up with Seria B GK....

Nothing to be proud off in that window other than Ozil salvaged it somewhat.

The worst thing is when your club is not taken seriously by players, I guess you'll still have interest by vertue of just being a big club but just imagine what players like Cabaye or Herrera must be going through now.

Because the PS3 is a shit console for multiplatform titles. Unless the PS3 was lead platform on GTA V, it will also be shit.

Tomb Raider was better on the PS3, but I won't even get into that.

Recent Rockstar releases have been good on both if not better on the PS3 (LA Noire)

rvy

Banned
@rvy, its a lot closer now than it was. It may well still be worse than the 360 version, but nowhere near to the extent that you and WillKiller are making out

If you own both consoles, there's absolutely zero reason to buy multiplatform titles on PS3. No controller preference is worth shit like inferior framerate, more screen-tearing and forced installations.

Installations being a moot point with GTA V.

I still don't know which to pre-order, PS3 doesn't allow party chat and I dislike talking with strangers.

Tomb Raider was better on the PS3, but I won't even get into that.

Recent Rockstar releases have been good on both if not better on the PS3 (LA Noire)

Depends on your criteria of better. To me TR is better on 360 simply because that's the original developer's vision. Tons of people will claim RE4 on the Wii is the best version. I call those people stupid. RE4 on the NGC is the best version.

RDR is complete ass on the PS3, R* has plenty of sins that put me off buying anything from them on that console.

Which 2 ? Ozil was one but €50m that cost us.

Ozil's price was fair imo but that wasn't a last minute deal.

Thiago because he didn't fit in to Moyses master plan.

I just wanna know where Afro will fit in, he's a beast at CF but this season he has played deeper and does not look a threat.

Also Ozil's price is fine.

If you own both consoles, there's absolutely zero reason to buy multiplatform titles on PS3. No controller preference is worth shit like inferior framerate, more screen-tearing and forced installations.

I still don't know which to pre-order, PS3 doesn't allow party chat and I dislike talking with strangers.

They're close enough now to just get the version your friends are getting imo

And you wouldn't be talking to strangers,you'd b talking to us :p

Thiago because he didn't fit in to Moyses master plan.

I just wanna know where Afro will fit in, he's a beast at CF but this season he has played deeper and does not look a threat.

Also Ozil's price is fine.

He will be next to Carrick. Of course a cm won't look as threatening as an attacker. Not sure why you were expecting him to look as threatening in cm.

Depends on your criteria of better. To me TR is better on 360 simply because that's the original developer's vision. Tons of people will claim RE4 on the Wii is the best version. I call those people stupid. RE4 on the NGC is the best version.

RDR is complete ass on the PS3, R* has plenty of sins that put me off buying anything from them on that console.

But they're the same game :s

So even if one is objectively better than the other, it doesn't matter because its not where development started, even if they release on the same day?

rvy

Banned
They're close enough now to just get the version your friends are getting imo

And you wouldn't be talking to strangers,you'd b talking to us :p

No, I mean that there's no way to just talk to you people. You can't have a closed party chat channel on PS3, if you're talking, everybody on the game can hear you.

Gambit

Tons of people will claim RE4 on the Wii is the best version. I call those people stupid. RE4 on the NGC is the best version.

But it IS better. You can still play with the Gamecube controller, but have more options and additional sidequest.

The same + additional stuff = better.

rvy

Banned

So even if one is objectively better than the other, it doesn't matter because its not where development started, even if they release on the same day?

They're not the same game, visually speaking,

You can't also say one is objectively better, it comes down to taste.

The way I see it, I should buy the game where the people who made it developed it for. That's just how I see it. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.

He will be next to Carrick. Of course a cm won't look as threatening as an attacker. Not sure why you were expecting him to look as threatening in cm.

I just don't see the point of buying a player when you don't play to his strengths. He will be fine next to Carrick, it's taking me time to get my head around to how Moyes wants to do things.

rvy

Banned
But it IS better. You can still play with the Gamecube controller, but have more options and additional sidequest.

The same + additional stuff = better.

So the PS2 version of the game is better than the NGC then? It's essentially the same exact game with additional content.

I just don't see the point of buying a player when you don't play to his strengths. He will be fine next to Carrick, it's taking me time to get my head around to how Moyes wants to do things.

His best position is not behind the striker. Fellaini and Moyes have both said it's in midield, which is next to carrick.

In May:
Fellaini said: "I'm happy with my season, although I didn't play in my best position. I'm not a No10. David Moyes predicts my future as a defensive midfielder, but due to a lack of offensive power, he plays me up front. In the future I want to play as a 6 or an 8. From there I can create danger and score goals."

Clegg

Word on twitter that we had 40m budget, lol

I'm going to gut Malcolm on the floor of the NYSE

I'll need a big fucking knife

I don't think that's right. I'm not pleased with the way we conducted ourselves this summer but I'm pretty sure we had more than £40m to spend.

Sure disn't we bid £35m for Khedira (ugh). We knew we were getting Fellaini and bidding that much for Khedira would bring us way over the £40m mark.

Yen

Top right hand corner it should say 'updates (x)' if there are any.
Thanks. It wasn't there, then it was, now it isn't. Not enjoying W8 and then I look down and notice the Windows icon has been given a Metro redesign. Terrible. #BallmerOut

kharma45

Thanks. It wasn't there, then it was, now it isn't. Not enjoying W8 and then I look down and notice the Windows icon has been given a Metro redesign. Terrible. #BallmerOut

8 is great, stop h8in.

You'll get used to it soon enough, and 8.1 looks great. If you don't get on with the new Start you can always just install Classic Shell or something like that after a while, but I say it's worth a go.

I've been using 8 since release and love it, much prefer it to 7.

Yeah. That point makes no sense to me.

One minute we're talking about performance, second it's about developer's vision.

Don't think he has too many chances left with United. Didn't he get injured again last season?

We usually send our players there before releasing them, and he's nearly 22. He'll probably get picked up by a savvy Italian or German side and turn out a good player if he can get over the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom