• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "developers vision" talk is moot with the PS3 and Xbox, same with the next-gen consoles.

They're essentially the same console just different controllers.

This is not like Rayman Legends where the game was made with the second screen in mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte is going to a coach's conference in Nyon.

I hope they teach him the virtues of rotation and resting his players.

Salazar

We did also buy Saidy Janko

SXK8ngC.jpg

I fucking hope he makes it. The chants will be badass

JAAANKOOOOOOOOOOOO

How much did United pay for Fellaini? I don't see how one could honestly expect to get a player of Khedira's calibre and experience for any less than that from Real, especially at the end of the transfer period.

That said, £35m would be insane.

Fellaini is a good player though

Whats even more dumbfounding is Real rejected it. you would think if United actually bid that much Real would bite their hand off.

Well, Khedira is their only experienced DM that isn't injured at the moment. Of course the United offer was ridiculous but I can't think of a replacement Real could have bought in the last few hours. Okay, maybe Fellaini lol

is simple, moyes thought he would actually bite off everton with that ridiculous 25 million bid for faillani and baines early in the window, so when the deadline day came, they actually payed 4 million more then his buy out clause lollllllllllllllllllll

Just watched a little bit of the last match.

I must say, I can't stand Young anymore. Welbeck, Celeverly and Nani I'm willing to see them get more chances to get back to their better form but I never want to see Young starting ever again.

I'd let him play if we had 13 players on the field but all he's doing now is take play time from much better player(s)-a-maker

I must say, I can't stand Young anymore. Welbeck, Celeverly and Nani I'm willing to see them get more chances to get back to their better form but I never want to see Young starting ever again.

I'd let him play if we had 13 players on the field but all he's doing now is take play time from much better player(s)-a-maker

Did you count how many times he turned back to goal and passed it to Vidic?

Jack cw

Khedira is pretty solid and really experienced for his age. He's not nearly as bad as people pretend. £12m? You've got to be kidding me.

He might be experienced but he has not the quality of Alonso, Martinez or Busquets. He loses too many balls when going into attacking and he is good in the defense but his steals and tackles are not always keeping the ball within madrid ranks to start a counter attack and he isnt known for being pressing resistent ;)

I'd say £15m is a solid price for him.. Same category as Prince or Luiz Gustavo.

GorillaJu

Real turning down 35m for Khedira, holy shit (if true), probably has more to do with the timing than the money. He's not world class but he's important to their side and how they play. It would be like if someone offered 35m for Lucas on the last day of the window. We need him, it would completely fuck our season even if that's way overvaluing him.

Salazar

It's not just his own performance. His lack of conviction fucks up the players behind him. Granted, Evra has his own issues, but when the Most Impotently Conservative Player in British Football is in front of you, tying himself in knots to avoid TAKING THE FUCKING BALL FORWARD, it can't be easy to gauge your own degrees of defensive and offensive commitment.

Real turning down 35m for Khedira, holy shit (if true), probably has more to do with the timing than the money. He's not world class but he's important to their side and how they play. It would be like if someone offered 35m for Lucas on the last day of the window. We need him, it would completely fuck our season even if that's way overvaluing him.

you can;t honestly believe this, his actually worth nomore than 25 million, if anything united didn't pay enough upfront?

i know for bale they payed 45 million upfront and the rest were installments

GorillaJu

I wonder how United would have planned to buy Khedira on top of their other signings if their budget was only 40m? They probably had a deal lined up to sell Shinji Kagawa in case more than one deal came through for Khedira, Herrera, Fellaini, Baines, etc.

you can;t honestly believe this, his actually worth nomore than 25 million, if anything united didn't pay enough upfront?

i know for bale they payed 45 million upfront and the rest were installments

I have no idea what you just said, and what the relevance is to my post.

Steady.

Best he has worked with.

The contenders:

Rupel Boom - who the fuck even knows
Lierse - Ferrera + Put + Trost
Anderlecht - Ariel Jacobs
Chelsea - RDM
WBA - Steve Clarke

He actually still talks to ariel at least once a week, but Mou clearly already took the father role over for him. World class manager, fired by Copenhagen after the clubs worst form in history.

I wonder how United would have planned to buy Khedira on top of their other signings if their budget was only 40m? They probably had a deal lined up to sell Shinji Kagawa in case more than one deal came through for Khedira, Herrera, Fellaini, Baines, etc.

I have no idea what you just said, and what the relevance is to my post.

this your problem? you think clubs actually pay full amount in transfer?

read what i typed to you and don't be simple minded.

Yeah but come on, £12m? At the end of the transfer period? I mean I wouldn't pay even close to £35m for him and I wouldn't want him at Bayern, but he's not shit.

Your comparison to Gustavo and Prince are probably good though. I can't judge Khedira too much as I barely watch LaLiga.

Not sure what he's like for Germany, he's brass for Madrid though imo. Not particularly good at anything, Gareth Barry with average pace and miles left on the clock

Jack cw

Yeah but come on, £12m? At the end of the transfer period? I mean I wouldn't pay even close to £35m for him and I wouldn't want him at Bayern, but he's not shit.

Your comparison to Gustavo and Prince are probably good though. I can't judge Khedira too much as I barely watch LaLiga.
Sure, Real couldnt let Özil and Khedira go, that would be nearly their whole midfield. It was clear that Özil would left when Bale comes and Kaka to Milan was also alreay a done deal after Bale. I think Real would gave agreed if they hadnt lacked so many defensive midfielders, Madrid would have sold Khedira for £20m.

panty

People give Khedira too much shit, he's not as bad as most of footygaffers think.

He might not be as technical or "good" as Alonso but he's not bad either. He knows how we play and he is getting better. If the 35M offer is true it shows we rank him highly and need him, as Alonso and Illarra are both injured. Casemiro is a great prospect but he still needs to adapt.

For the sixth time, just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDmyo2N7TWo @ that run against Barcelona alone is wow-worthy.

Herrera: "I do not feel used by United, they made a formal offer. Athletic did not want to negotiate, I value that."

"I reached no agreement with el United. I am proud they made an offer for me, and that Athletic wanted me [to stay]."

"There are questions which United must answer."

"I am very happy at Athletic. I just have in my head to play a good season at [the new] San Mames."

"The lawyers who were at the LFP offices did not represent me. I did not even know who they were."

"I dont discuss hypotheticals. I am just telling how things were. At no moment did I speak with el United."

"I am going to keep showing my commitment to Athletic, as I have done since the first day I arrived."

Smart boy. See you in January.

I'd say £15m is a solid price for him.. Same category as Prince or Luiz Gustavo.

The difference is that both Bayern and Milan were looking to get rid of Boateng/Gustavo or at least willing to let them go.

Don't think Real has any intent to sell Khedira, so he should be valued a bit higher. 18-20m looks about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom