• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

I just laughed out loud in the school library, that gif gets me every time.

In other news, fire in our 8-floor-building yesterday forcing us all out, student buldings here are in really bad shape. Just one year of university left though.

What I wanna know is how a chin of such stature can be brought in to this world. How did it fit out of the Athenian mole burrow?

Yen

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
FA chairman Greg Dyke sets #eng 'target to at least reach the semis of Euro 2020 and then to win the 2022 World Cup'

"Too many foreign players and managers"

lol

lol Liverpool gaf sweating bullets. Don't worry Diaby might be back in London but he's probably no where near fit to be in for a shot for a while.

I find it funny how you big up such an average player. He did well against us for one game and all of a suddenly he has our number? LOL you Arsenlol kiddies are hilariously delusional.

Scum

Afternoon, all. How goes it?

Just got this Eurosport update. "FA Chairman sets Qatar 2022 victory target for England."
Semis for Euro 2020, Victory at Qatar World Cup.

Zabojnik

iFBLXsKEPEN0Y.gif

ibpLxCKQBpIkHH.gif

That's the kind of girl you shoplift beer for.

Did The Following turn out to be a pile of shite?

Yes, avoid at all costs.

Lightning

Banned
I find it funny how you big up such an average player. He did well against us for one game and all of a suddenly he has our number? LOL you Arsenlol kiddies are hilariously delusional.
You taking the post seriously is the biggest lol of all.

Diaby hasn't been included in our CL squad so he ain't playing.

Manager

Whatever happen in 2020, I hope Rodwell will be a part of it. It's so hard to give up on him when you see his glimpses of brilliance, but it happen so rarely with his injuries. With Barry out, Pellegrini seem to believe in him.

Is it realistic to believe Rodwell still can become something, a national team player?

Whatever happen in 2020, I hope Rodwell will be a part of it. It's so hard to give up on him when you see his glimpses of brilliance, but it happen so rarely with his injuries. With Barry out, Pellegrini seem to believe in him.

Is it realistic to believe Rodwell still can become something, a national team player?

Yes, if only because our team and youth are in dire straits, especially for midfilders.

Manager

btw, how do you line-up against Stoke most effectively? Do you go for the strongest, biggest assholes in your squad or do you try and take them out with speed and creativity? City has had issues with them for as long as I can remember, specially at Stoke city. Smaller players gets crushed and bigger ones still out-muscled.

Yes, if only because our team and youth are in dire straits, especially for midfilders.

England could be well up with him and Wilshere, obviously Rodwell got to get some consistent years in him first. All potential so far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@LiverpoolGAF

Lazio were also pondering a bid for former Roma striker Fabio Borini, who subsequently left Liverpool for Sunderland on loan.

“His name was under consideration, but Liverpool didn’t want to sell him outright and they preferred to keep him in the Premiership.”

Salvadora

btw, how do you line-up against Stoke most effectively? Do you go for the strongest, biggest assholes in your squad or do you try and take them out with speed and creativity? City has had issues with them for as long as I can remember, specially at Stoke city. Smaller players gets crushed and bigger ones still out-muscled.
Stoke look to be transitioning into playing football.

They were one of Arsenal's bogie teams before. I'd be much more confident of getting a result now.

I spent the afternoon trying to understand what's necessary to get a group ticket for the Champions League (I'm not sure if that's the correct name in English, basically you get to see the three home matches of the group stage for a discounted price), after making a few calls this is what I need to bring to a bank (the only place where you can get this kind of tickets for Milan): my ID, my tax code card, a small photo of yours truly, 15 bucks and a lot of patience and time (I have to do this for me and three other people). Then 50 more euros to get the actual ticket, because what I listed before is just to get the card which I can also use to buy stuff (it's a "Maestro" card).

I was wondering how the rest of the CL teams handle this kind of tickets, any experience? Is it worse/better (I think I already know the answer to this question, though)?

@LiverpoolGAF

Weird, Rodgers must see something in him in training

@Manager, you push, push and push again. Do everything you can to exploit their defenders' and midfielders' lack of comfort on the ball. You challenge for every header from the resulting longballs in a way which prevents them controlling it, and have a spare midfielder to pick up the loose ball.

You attack quickly. There won't be space in behind, so you move it from side to side as quickly as possible, trying to open up a couple of yards to either play a pass through, or shoot through.

You do not play them at their own game under any circumstances

noal

Banned
In reply to Batigol earlier I'm still playing FM 2009 and am currently in the year 2031. I have Gareth Barry as my assistant manager at United and every single player is unknown.

It's quite a thrill when you find a player who's the next big thing because you don't just go by name alone and the team they play for might not be as good any more so you have no preconceptions.

It is quite a lot of fun to mess with the database though.

faridmon

I wouldn't have minded him, he's good at attack and shows good form in international duties. Would have been better than fooking Young.

Anyone is better than fooking Yound. even Osman, speaking of him, I am surprised that he didn't buy him during the summer, but again you could say that about many Midfielders out there.

Teehee

Salvadora

Not really. Raphael Honningstein said that Low actually prefers him on Arsenal where he is playing regularly than be a second fiddle to Isco at Real.

But whatever.
I don't think that is a contradiction to what Löw said at his press conference.

11,500 Ozil shirts sold so far on Arsenal Direct. See, this is why you buy big players Wenger! Economics innit.

Dyke speaking about decline of English players/national game.

We need to encourage more young talent to head abroad. I'm convinced that there's a disease of complacency where those players outside the top few are happy to sit on a bench for 70 minutes a week, instead of seeking out opportunities to further their own career.

I don't think simply forcing more English starters will improve anything, because the top players will still be the ones chosen for the national team.

Fergie

Banned
Dyke speaking about decline of English players/national game.

We need to encourage more young talent to head abroad. I'm convinced that there's a disease of complacency where those players outside the top few are happy to sit on a bench for 70 minutes a week, instead of seeking out opportunities to further their own career.

I don't think simply forcing more English starters will improve anything, because the top players will still be the ones chosen for the national team.
"Spain to buy more English youth"

I'm just surprised at the decision to sell Ozil, who works well with Cristiano Ronaldo, and get Bale, who pretty much plays at the same manner as Cristiano does. Hopefully they work well together because a clash of egos would be pretty bad, under a new manager too.

Fergie

Banned
I'm just surprised at the decision to sell Ozil, who works well with Cristiano Ronaldo, and get Bale, who pretty much plays at the same manner as Cristiano does. Hopefully they work well together because a clash of egos would be pretty bad, under a new manager too.
Bale loves to shoot. Can't wait till Madrid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom