• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Seems weird everyone talking about Ozil being replaced with Bale. Surely Isco is the man to replace Ozil?

Madrid are going to be ridiculous on the counter this season.

Man I'm excited as fuck to see Ozil in the PL

Also

DAT MEGA CHARIZARD

Hope he flops hard. Just like Fellaini, Eto'o and every single one of Spurs signings.

I love international breaks, best football times with the best football played during these periods. I wish they lasted longer, like 2-3 weeks.

What.

I have the complete opposite opinion here.

This one is awful, just as the league is beginning to build steam - boom, qualifiers for a tournament that England will fall out of disappointingly.

Suen

Seems weird everyone talking about Ozil being replaced with Bale. Surely Isco is the man to replace Ozil?

Haven't heard anyone say that Bale is replacement for Turtil. Makes no sense either, only relation between them is that the money received from selling Özil will go towards reducing the huge loss we made from buying Bale.

Dibbz

Hnnnng those Özil pics. I'm sure Walcott can't wait to be on the end of some of his passes.

walcott4jxcf.gif

Wilbur

Banned

Hope he flops hard. Just like Fellaini, Eto'o and every single one of Spurs signings.

I kinda hope he flops but the likelihood is he won't and at least he'll be beautiful to watch.

Isco is the Ozil replacement, but there was at least space for Ozil to play on the wing over Di Maria. Now Bale's come in, all three spaces are automatically filled.

Isco's going to end up better than Bale and Ozil anyway I think. Stupendous player even at his age.

cremino

Has Ancelotti commented on Ozil's departure? Got plenty from the players of Real but I haven't read anything from Ancelotti.

Nothing but I found this:

De la Morena on Cadena SER explaining Ozil's departure -

"Real Madrid's intention was to sell Di Maria to balance the finances after blowing 91m euros on Bale, but Di Maria made it extremely clear that he would not leave and pretty much dug his claws into the rug."
Apparently Ancelotti then saw that Di Maria was giving everything while Mesut kept throwing tantrums at being subbed. Ancelotti then spoke to Ozil and said that it would be hard for him with this attitude, and thus told the board that he wants Di Maria to stay and Mesut to leave.

Suen

Imagine how enticing Arsenal will be in the future to young German talent.

Ozil, Podolski & Per, plus a manager who speaks the language fluently.
Salvadora...I mean Özard can surely affect how young German talent see Arsenal but the other two....

Salvadora

Salvadora...I mean Özard can surely affect how young German talent see Arsenal but the other two....
Both well-known fully seasoned internationals who would be able to help them adapt to a new country.

Just like for French players, it makes us look more attractive to prospective players.

jtb

Banned
We should get this contract situation with Sagna sorted out. Though it seems he wants to stay and Wenger certainly has been talking him up, so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. Contract talks with Rosicky went pretty quickly and quietly once it was clear both parties wanted the same thing.

Barzul

To go with Pogba and Lewandowski?
A man can dream right. I really love Pogba, he just reminds me of Viera every time I see him play. His technique is just sublime. And yeah I just looked it up, looks like Reus does infact have a 30 million euros release clause that is active in 2014, wonder how that one will play out.

omgkitty

A man can dream right. I really love Pogba, he just reminds me of Viera every time I see him play. His technique is just sublime. And yeah I just looked it up, looks like Reus does infact have a 30 million euros release clause that is active in 2014, wonder how that one will play out.

I hope it works out as Ozil saying "Hey buddy! Come join me at Arsenal! Fuck Bayern!"

Barzul

It seems Xbox One will be released November 22nd.

They are fucked in the US
Nah US is Xbox country, MS outsold the Sony last gen by over 10m units, launching a week earlier isn't going to be the reason Sony overtakes MS as market leader. It will come down to price, games and which console appears to provide more value.

Lightning

Banned
We should get this contract situation with Sagna sorted out. Though it seems he wants to stay and Wenger certainly has been talking him up, so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. Contract talks with Rosicky went pretty quickly and quietly once it was clear both parties wanted the same thing.
We need to get Wenger's contract sorted too. Stay or go in your opinion?

Fuck Pogba. Take him Arsenal.

117M. .
Fuck that, You've convinced me on Vidal. We'll take him instead pls!

dc89

Fergie

Banned
Robin van Persie - 89
Wayne Rooney - 87
Nemanja Vidic - 87
Nani - 84
Rio Ferdinand - 83
Shinji Kagawa - 83
Valencia - 83
Javier Hernandez - 82
De Gea - 82
Evra - 82
Carrick - 82
Ashley Young - 81
Marouane Fellaini - 80
Darren Fletcher - 80
Ryan Giggs - 80
Danny Welbeck - 79
Jonny Evans - 79
Rafael - 79
Tom Cleverley - 78
Anders Lindegaard - 78
Phil Jones - 78
Chris Smalling - 78
Andersen - 77
Fabio - 75
Zaha - 74
Buttner - 73
Nick Powell - 66
Ben Amos - 66
Scott Wootton - 64
Jesse Lingard - 63
Adnan Januzaj - 61
Larnell Cole - 60
Will Keane - 59
Tyler Blackett - 55

United Fifa ratings. Rafael should be 81 at minimum.

Barzul

I say stay now, if he's willing to pay up in transfer fees, he has arguably the most pull of any manager in the Premier League. Only Mourinho compares. His contract should be heavily incentive based. If he makes say 7m a year, offer a huge bonus for every trophy he wins to keep him motivated.

danwarb

Nah US is Xbox country, MS outsold the Sony last gen by over 10m units, launching a week earlier isn't going to be the reason Sony overtakes MS as market leader. It will come down to price, games and which console appears to provide more value.
I hope they get their Kinect universal voice remote aspect right. Some won't like it, but there's not much like it. It could do well on all that with the right marketing.

Salvadora

I say stay now, if he's willing to pay up in transfer fees, he has arguably the most pull of any manager in the Premier League. Only Mourinho compares. His contract should be heavily incentive based. If he makes say 7m a year, offer a huge bonus for every trophy he wins to keep him motivated.
I don't think the man works like that honestly.

jtb

Banned

That's a tough one, but I think, at this point, a new contract would be the right move.

He's addressed the weaknesses in the squad (minus defense.... but at least Per/Kos is a good pairing) and actually attempted to fix them. Which is more than I can say for the past couple seasons. We'll see, I think our biggest problem is that if Wenger goes, the potential replacements are probably all going to be a step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom