• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23938797

Real Madrid assistant coach

Wales international Bale, 24, who joined the Spanish side for £85.3m from Tottenham, could make his debut at Villarreal on 14 September.
But Clement told BBC Sport: "There's a lot of competition for places - no-one will be guaranteed anything.
"Coach Carlo Ancelotti has a clear idea how to use him but things can change."
And there has been debate whether Bale or Ronaldo will play the furthest forward.
"Carlo is flexible enough to use Gareth and other players in different capacities," Englishman Clement said.
"At Southampton, Bale played at left-back which he also did at Spurs where he became a more left-sided player.
"He recently became more central. He's got that versatility.
"It'll be interesting to see how players fit in together. We'll be trying to find their best position and what's best for the team as quickly as possible.
"Gareth has the goalscoring talent and ability to set up goals for others. We have a lot of exciting players here. [Striker Karim] Benzema is a great talent, while Isco plays in midfield but has chipped in with three goals already."
"Depending on how much or little he plays will depend whether he trains a week on Wednesday or Thursday leading into the first game at Villarreal away [Saturday, 14 September]," added Clement.
Clement himself is still settling in at Real. He arrived in late June having been brought to the club by Ancelotti, with whom he worked at Chelsea and Paris St-Germain, after the Italian was appointed as Jose Mourinho's replacement.
The former PE teacher from the south London borough of Sutton, who progressed up the ranks as coach at Chelsea, said he had been taking regular Spanish lessons to help adjust to his new surroundings and to help with coaching the players.
Clement suggested it would benefit Bale to "knuckle down" and learn the language.
"It's more challenging for a coach and manager than a player," he continued. "Communication is everything - you have to instruct and organise.
"It's up to Gareth to learn. A lot of players start having lessons at the club when they arrive. [Croatian] Luka Modric, who played with Gareth at Tottenham, had some lessons initially - he speaks in Spanish and English with the players.
"I'm sure Gareth will do the same. He spoke some lines during the news conference. It's a great life quality if he knuckles down and learns. Our communication with the team as a whole will be in Spanish."

I can see Ronaldo's face now as Bale lays down his Madridista member card.

"Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark."

cremino

I'm just surprised at the decision to sell Ozil, who works well with Cristiano Ronaldo, and get Bale, who pretty much plays at the same manner as Cristiano does. Hopefully they work well together because a clash of egos would be pretty bad, under a new manager too.

Ancelotti is great at man management

Gareth Bale's wage breakdown at Madrid:

Yearly: £14,400,000
Monthly: £1,200,000
Weekly: £300,000
Daily: £42,857
Hourly: £2,040
Minute: £34

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Who do you support btw?

Chelsea.

Edit:
KuGsj.gif

Yen

"@RorySmithTimes: The new FA technical director wants to nurture a long-term football culture. The new FA chairman wants to win a World Cup in 9 yrs. Oh good."

jtb

Banned
Who would do it though? Özil? Carzorla seems like he'd be the best option.

Cazorla seems the best option, if we were to go for that option. He's a pretty solid finisher for a midfielder, got one hell of a shot outside the box too. Theo should get a run through the middle though, if only as a bargaining chip to get him to stop taking set pieces.

Lightning

Banned
Who would do it though? Özil? Carzorla seems like he'd be the best option.
If we done that it would have to be Cazorla but that would only be under extreme circumstances and if neither Giroud or Walcott could play.

Rosciky onto Walcott's wing with Walcott in the centre is our best option if Giroud is unavailable or needs a break.

Suen

I love international breaks, best football times with the best football played during these periods. I wish they lasted longer, like 2-3 weeks.

Suen

Has Ancelotti commented on Ozil's departure? Got plenty from the players of Real but I haven't read anything from Ancelotti.
Nothing as far as I know. Even if he does speak all he will say is that he couldn't resist Wenger's smile and charisma.

#WengerLegend

Suen

We don't just allow players from other countries and such, we allow Africans to come in without even having a work permit and play for us professionally.

Croatia - Serbia will at least be good fun.
Yeah fun in terms of having more then asses stabbed maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom