• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahahaha, almost definitely dc'ing but anyways:

Neymar used to play for Real Madrid. What? Well according to today's AS that's exactly the situation, and they have proof to back up their big story today. AS say that a young Neymar, aged just 14, had rocked up to train with Real Madrid after the club had heard about this boy wonder.

He impressed and was registered with the Spanish football authorities as a Real Madrid player to enable him to continue whilst the club had a good look, AS have his registration papers as proof.

Neymar impressed and 'captivated' coaches in Spain, Real Madrid wanted to keep him on but there was a problem. His father accompanied by agent Wagner Ribeiro were in town and they wanted a payment of €60,000 to be able to secure Neymar to a longer term contract. Real Madrid were nervous, it was an unusual amount of money then for such a young player and not a traditional way of paying.

Carlos Martínez de Albornoz, then the CEO at Madrid, would not take responsibility for authorising €60,000 for a 14 year old boy and therefore the deal was shelved, Real Madrid released his papers and Neymar returned to Brazil to continue his path right to the very top of football. He could probably find €60,000 down the back of his sofa these days.

On March 29, 2006, Neymar was registered as a Real Madrid player. Things could have turned out an awful lot different and he may never have been the subject of a €XXX (Let's face it, we'll probably never know the truthful amount) transfer to Barcelona.

BTYkUltCMAAPKYH.png:large

#benchmarketability

sohois

If Neymar had joined Madrid he probably would have rotted in their reserve teams for 8 years or whilst more expensive players were constantly brought in ahead of him.

dc89

City have announced another commercial partner. LG. They are the clubs provider of digital displays.

360 new TV's have been installed at The Etihad.

#BasedGlick

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gomez turned down Madrid

Mario Gomez has revealed that Real Madrid contacted him this summer, but that he only had eyes for Fiorentina.

The German international left Bayern Munich for the Serie A side in the last transfer window, but not before Madrid’s new Coach Carlo Ancelotti reportedly contacted him.

“Ancelotti was interested,” Gomez has told the latest edition of Kicker this week.

“I was flattered, because my whole family are fans of Real Madrid.

“I thanked him for his interest and told me advisor that I just wanted to go to Florence.

“For me it was clear - I wanted to keep giving everything again properly and not to just play half the games in a top team and obtain many titles.

“I want to play Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday.”

Mastadon

Banned
Jay Spearing reveals Bayern Munich snub.

Jay Spearing said:
Bayern contacted me before I finalised my move to Bolton. Pep spoke to me personally and told me that he wanted to play me in front of Javi Martinez. I told him that I was flattered, but I was looking forward to working with a world class manager like Dougie Freedman

Damien Comolli says Manchester United need to have a director of football.

The club signed Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m but missed out on a number of further targets.

Comolli, an ex-director of football at Liverpool and Tottenham, believed new United manager David Moyes and chief executive Ed Woodward needed more help.

"If there was a club in need of a director of football to ease the process for both individuals it was Manchester United," said Comolli.

United signed Fellaini on transfer deadline day, but failed with late moves for Everton defender Leighton Baines, Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera and Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao.

Moyes was also unsuccessful earlier in the summer when Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas stayed at the Nou Camp and midfielder Thiago Alacantara opted to join German side Bayern Munich when he left the Spanish champions.

United's former manager Sir Alex Ferguson left the club at the end of last season, while chief executive David Gill also moved on from Old Trafford in June.

However, Comolli, who was in charge of transfer affairs at Tottenham from 2005 to 2008 and at Liverpool from 2010 to 2012, said a director of football would have eased the pressure on Moyes and Woodward.

"David only joined on 1 July which was quite late," Comolli told BBC Radio 5 live.

"The issue for Manchester United is that the two most important people at the club in Sir Alex and David Gill left their positions and new people came in for their first transfer window.

"For some reason the club weren't prepared or they didn't think it would be that difficult and they ended up in a difficult situation."

Bring in a DoF, sack Woodcunt, bring back Gill

Peco

Fuck this shit tho, we livin' in the past and it's so wrong. I loved you Riccardino, but you're 31 now ffs.

Also, this song is breaking my balls big time.

Kakà press conference (in English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WCofj8Ntds
Fuck yeah, I love Big Luciano. But he's now spoiled by russian money, we can't satisfy him I'm afraid. :(
We'll sell Kakà to Real and get the mon- oh.
Fuck this shit tho, we livin' in the past and it's so wrong. I loved you Riccardino, but you're 31 now ffs.

Also, this song is breaking my balls big time.
That wasn't cheesy. At all. Nope.
Still, some goals were amazing, he did so much for us when he was good.

Salazar

What's he saying? You'd think the nosedive of English football would make it easier for a player like him to get into the setup

‘It is hard because in the Premier League, there are a lot of foreign players,’ Ince told Sportsmail.

‘If you look at a lot of clubs in the Premier League, particularly the top five, there are a lot of foreign players. It makes it very hard for young English players to break through.

You can see with the likes of Tom Carroll going to QPR on loan from Tottenham. Andros Townsend and other good players like Danny Rose had to go out on loan from Tottenham so there are a lot of players in the Premier League who are having to take a step back.
‘A lot of people make rash decisions, based on getting into the Premier League too quick. You have to earn the right to be somewhere.

'Wherever you go, you are not guaranteed to play football. There are a lot of English players out there now at big clubs who aren’t playing football.

'I am happy to be playing in the Championship - people underestimate how good this league is. I will know when the time is right to go into the Premier League. When I do, I don’t want to be loaned out or be in and out of the team. I have to make sure that I am ready.

Bolded is lol

I dunno what he expects to happen

Fuck the haters, Kakà was the shit back then.

No one can make a counter argument for that and whoever does probably didn't watch Kaka play in his prime but he has no one to blame but himself, the insane obsession over joining RM has destroyed too many footballers that I don't even know why some still bother with that club.

Kaka should have went to United, he'd have won more trophies than the collective squad of the current Milan team.

That was the plot of Mad Men's season finale.

Mad-Men---Don-Draper-001.jpg

I love it that someone somewhere thinks you've ruined the show for them.

I love Mad Men but the counter arguments are so funny it's hard not to join in.

Why didn't Liverpool pick him up? Weren't the fans obsessed over him?

I think we were reluctant to pay more than £6m or so for a player who'd never payed outside of the Championship. Which is fair enough imo, the gap is huge. Backed up by Cardiff baulking at the fee as well.

Knowing his Dad, he'd have demanded to be paid silly wages as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom