• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thread in OT where people complain about Real Madrid spending money. Lol.

The more of that shit I read the more I feel inclined to root for Madrid this season (at least against English clubs).

I'm not surprised (c)oming from you, yo(u) like Bayern. They're o(n) equal levels wi(t)h Madrid. Just more (s)uccessful.

Peco

No one can make a counter argument for that and whoever does probably didn't watch Kaka play in his prime but he has no one to blame but himself, the insane obsession over joining RM has destroyed too many footballers that I don't even know why some still bother with that club.

I totally agree with you.

LTWheels

I see that Wisdom has been named the new England U21 Captain.

Keeping the English captans ain't locked down with Liverpool players.

FootballFan

Ozil is so awesome. So much swag.

LxEZtgt.jpg

Pellegatti (Milan journalist) talking about horses and their favourite part of the day to give birth during the press conference.

Seems about right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Galliani "Basically what I'm saying is, Kakà isn't joining a team full of tramps."
KuGsj.gif

Not sure if it's a conference or a stand up comedy.
KuGsj.gif

-

So Pogba IS our vice-Pirlo after all

pogba-conte490ai_5.jpg

Paul Pogba will be asked to dictate play for Juventus this season when Andrea Pirlo is unavailable, says boss Antonio Conte.

The Frenchman is currently being used on the left of the three central midfielders given the injury to Claudio Marchisio.

But Conte, speaking to the Corriere dello Sport, thinks he has the ability to be given the playmaker responsibility if necessary.

“Pirlo is a champion who can’t be equalled and there is nobody in Italy, even if some are getting better, with his characteristics, his direction or who can give such peace of mind to the squad," stated the Coach.

“That being said, Pogba can fill the vice-Pirlo role. He already did that last season and, if there is the need, he can mask the absence of Andrea even if they have different characteristics.

“Paul is a modern midfielder who can play in any midfield role because of his physique, fitness and his ability to break into attack.

“He is a complete player, although one who still has big margins of improvement to make.”

Okay, good to know.

Peco

I want to know why Allegri and Prandelli hate El Shaarawy. The kid is a reasonable professional, what the fuck could be wrong with him? It's because him and Balotelli are best friends? It's really the hairstyle? I don't understand.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want to know why Allegri and Prandelli hate El Shaarawy. The kid is a reasonable professional, what the fuck could be wrong with him? It's because him and Balotelli are best friends? It's really the hairstyle? I don't understand.

Something about his 'attitude' or 'hunger'.

Wilbur

Banned
Another thread in OT where people complain about Real Madrid spending money. Lol.

The more of that shit I read the more I feel inclined to root for Madrid this season (at least against English clubs).

I wouldn't be surprised if its mostly Americans. Pls hate on the MLS instead.

phaze

So... What did he say?

Just the usual PR stuff. Wenger is a great coach. Looking forward to playing with Poldi, Per. Arsenal are great team playing offensive football and I think I will fit perfectly into that.

"Do you think that this squad could deliver trophies straight away this season ?"

"Definitely, in the last few years Arsenal haven't been so successful, but we want to become more successful. :)lol) ......... I think we will win trophies because we have the potential to do so."

Salvadora

Just the usual PR stuff. Wenger is a great coach. Looking forward to playing with Poldi, Per. Arsenal are great team playing offensive football and I think I will fit perfectly into that.

"Do you think that this squad could deliver trophies straight away this season ?"

"Definitely, in the last few years Arsenal haven't been so successful, but we want to become more successful. :)lol) ......... I think we will win trophies because we have the potential to do so."

Interestingly he said he didn't speak to Podolski or Mertesacker before joining Arsenal.

Fancy that.

Something about his 'attitude' or 'hunger'.

El Sha has the highest work rate of anyone in our team. Dude is a hustler.

I think Allegro and Prando are fooled by El Sha's lack of goals. But they are stupid for doing this because 1. El Sha still makes a ton of contributions, and he is played as a winger ffs and 2. Max has essentially been playing El Sha as a pseudo left-back to cover for the inadequacies of Muntari/Constant.

Hopefully Max is serious about converting El Sha into a classic second striker. Hard to see him put the kid at left back then. Unfortunately this probably also means at least one season of benching him for fucking Matri.

Linius

A Junior just unmarked spoiled Memento in a thread about WatchDogs :(

Lol whut, how does Memento even come up in a thread about Watch Dogs?

That new gameplay video looks pretty cool btw. Though I'm not so sure I'm that fond of the idea that other players can come into my game. Guess I'll stay offline whenever I play Watch Dogs (how ironic).

That new gameplay video looks pretty cool btw. Though I'm not so sure I'm that fond of the idea that other players can come into my game. Guess I'll stay offline whenever I play Watch Dogs (how ironic).

Someone used the 'Don't Believe His Lies' image and he said something about it.

Someone else has since said that its not really a spoiler anyway unless you've seen the film, so there's hope yet :p

phaze

Poster posted picture from that movie as a "commentary" to the watchdogs gameplay and someone else couldn't restrain himself . It's still unmarked on page 17 of the Watchdogs thread so watch out.

bud23

Messi is a fucking cunt. Proofs.

Messi and his father have paid the €5 million owed to the tax office, thus avoiding a bond being imposed on them that would have guaranteed the eventual repayment of the amount.

As reported by the Court of Justice of Catalonia, the judge investigating the case has refused to impose a bond on Messi given the global profile and solvency of the player and due to the "corrective payment" that his father - also accused - made in August of €5,016,542.27 "in fulfilment of tax obligations in the manner, form and amount the IRS has deemed correct."

The €5 million deposited by Messi's father, on 14th August, was to cover a "fee and interest" in open court proceedings relating to the tax lawsuit for defrauding the IRS to the tune of €4.1 million between 2007 and 2009.

http://www.marca.com/2013/09/04/en/...6b68fd9ef4e9287c1eb344b0410cdb93&t=1378379911

This is your adorable Messi, a fucking tax evader who hates kids, and bullying teammates to the point of tears. An exemplary man, a little dictator, an annoying cunt. Cunt. I mean, CUNT. Cunt.

Also, relevant. Just look at this hateful cunt. Oh man, what a cunt, what a fucking cunt. Cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2hBL0-Wlw4I

Linius

Someone else has since said that its not really a spoiler anyway unless you've seen the film, so there's hope yet :p

Well let's hope :p

Played more TLoU btw.

SPOILERS

Got trough the sewers section yesterday, that was some amazing stuff. Never got so close to the infected before, knowing these fellas down there were the people that lived there. They had a pretty good setup btw. After that another fight with these fellas from Pithsburg, not a problem with that sniper. Then the most shocking part of the game as of yet with Henry's suicide, did not expect that. And I now finally met Tommy and we're about to ride some horses when I play the next time. Good times.

rvy

Banned
Messi is a fucking cunt. Proofs.

http://www.marca.com/2013/09/04/en/...6b68fd9ef4e9287c1eb344b0410cdb93&t=1378379911

This is your adorable Messi, a fucking tax evader who hates kids, and bullying teammates to the point of tears. An exemplary man, a little dictator, an annoying cunt. Cunt. I mean, CUNT. Cunt.

Also, relevant. Just look at this hateful cunt. Oh man, what a cunt, what a fucking cunt. Cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2hBL0-Wlw4I

We've known he's a cunt for quite some time now. This isn't new.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

'Don't Believe His Lies' is not a spoiler, no.

What would be wrong with Prandelli taking over at Milan? He's a great coach / manager.

I don't mind seeing him take over Juve after Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom