• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Buy your own kit, Wilbz and shave it bald. Save your money.

Lol whut, how does Memento even come up in a thread about Watch Dogs?

That new gameplay video looks pretty cool btw. Though I'm not so sure I'm that fond of the idea that other players can come into my game. Guess I'll stay offline whenever I play Watch Dogs (how ironic).

It's all a smokescreen for online DRM. Ubi are just following on what MS dropped from the Xbox One.

Salvadora

Fabregas: "I would not have moved for double the money. Nor triple. No."

:lol
Did you see Per saying that he's been an Arsenal fan since being a kid?
Mertesacker, 28, who has 88 caps for Germany, is well placed to take up the mantle. He had an aunt who lived in Plymouth and he would visit England regularly as a child and take back Arsenal shirts as souvenirs.
'I was not like a real fan - it was hard to watch the Premier League or FA Cup from Germany - but there was a connection with the club always. Tony Adams was the idol. He grew up as a legend and Ian Wright was the star, because he scored the goals.
'I had the jersey with JVC on, one home one and the blue away one. Of course, I still have them. They're at home with my parents. They are unique for me. A lot of friends texted me when I moved here saying, "We remember you wore the Arsenal shirt when you were 12!" Because everyone wore shirts from abroad like Real Madrid, Barcelona but for me it was Arsenal.'
His younger brother, Timo, who picked up Manchester United shirts on those Devonian visits, has since been converted to Arsenal. Indeed, to such an extent that he travels to away games to watch his brother on the supporters' coaches and sits with away fans rather than in the directors' box.
'When we were young it was like a competition, we'd look to the Premier League to say who's first between United and Arsenal. We created a rivalry. But now it is completely Arsenal. He lives in Germany but he sometimes goes to away games, like to Wigan. He's obsessed completely by Arsenal. He wants to get the atmosphere so he goes in the away end and he travelled once by bus [with fans].'
There is one chant his brother must have picked up on. 'We've got a big, f****** German! Big f****** German!' sing the Arsenal fans of Mertesacker. Does Timo join in? 'I think so,' he says, laughing. 'Maybe it makes him proud!' Mertesacker is relaxed about it. 'I was quite afraid at first but now I understand everything,' he says. The words don't necessarily convey affection and adulation, unless you understand the roots of English terrace culture.
I love him so much. So calm, so mature.

Well let's hope :p

Played more TLoU btw.

SPOILERS

Got trough the sewers section yesterday, that was some amazing stuff. Never got so close to the infected before, knowing these fellas down there were the people that lived there. They had a pretty good setup btw. After that another fight with these fellas from Pithsburg, not a problem with that sniper. Then the most shocking part of the game as of yet with Henry's suicide, did not expect that. And I now finally met Tommy and we're about to ride some horses when I play the next time. Good times.

That's where the game goes from 'this game is great' to 'this game is better than Uncharted 2'

It only gets better from here, believe it or not :)

I hated the
enemies in the main sewer area where you're seperated from Ellie and with Henry's brother. For some reason they kepot turning around when I was about to strangle them, so I ended up sprinting around with a pipe like a mentalist, slamming their hands against walls and caving their skulls in with whatever I could find :D

Did you find the room with all the bodies under the canvas and a note fromthe guy saying he had to kill all the kids? :(

Hopefully Ish is part of the single player DLC, he seems awesome

Someone used the 'Don't Believe His Lies' image and he said something about it.

Someone else has since said that its not really a spoiler anyway unless you've seen the film, so there's hope yet :p

Don't worry, that was just a joke/doctored image. Here is the original:

PAgbvmi.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
any fifa bros on we can do some games now

Linius

That's where the game goes from 'this game is great' to 'this game is better than Uncharted 2'

It only gets better from here, believe it or not :)

I hated the
enemies in the main sewer area where you're seperated from Ellie and with Henry's brother. For some reason they kepot turning around when I was about to strangle them, so I ended up sprinting around with a pipe like a mentalist, slamming their hands against walls and caving their skulls in with whatever I could find :D

Did you find the room with all the bodies under the canvas and a note fromthe guy saying he had to kill all the kids? :(

Hopefully Ish is part of the single player DLC, he seems awesome

Yeah right from the first part where you get seperated I died a lot. Some how these runners kept spotting me before I got a chance to kill those clickers. In the end I managed to bow and arrow two runners at first. Then got to the two clickers hanging around and then casually killed the rest of the runners. And that note was horrible indeed. These artifacts really give you the feel like you know these people. Outside in Kyle's house there are more notes describing Ish as the skinny guy from the sewers :p

And yes, I have more people telling me it gets better. Would you say I'm over half of the game now btw? I'm already 12 hours in :p

Walshy

Bolded is lol

I dunno what he expects to happen
Every single quote in that interview is boardring on complete ignorance.

Players need to go out on loan to gain experience. It is very rare these days that a player who has only played in the U21s can slot in a premier league team. The jump in quality is massive, loans to Championship teams then to Premier League teams seems to be the aproach for the bigger clubs. For example Tom Cleverly to Watford and then to Wigan. Players do step back in quality, but thats only as they are simply not good enough
to be there in the first place.

The bit about English players not playing in big teams is a bit bizzare aswell. Cleverley, Welbeck, Jones and Rooney all play regularly for United. Smalling has had injury problems and will probably ease out Ferdinand eventually. Spurs have shipped out their first choice left back in order to play Rose, Townsend has made regular starts for Spurs. Everton have brought through the likes of Rodwell. Arsenal have brought through Wilshere, Jenkinson and others in recent years. Liverpool have the likes of Wisdom, Sterling, Henderson, Ibe and Sturridge playing regularly.

The problem with most Englsh players is the value and wage demands that clubs and players have are not realistic, bundle that in with awful coaching and national set up from the FA and you have the reason for this problem. Ince left Liverpool because he demanded a first team wage (30.000 pw) despite featuring once. When you see the English national coaches: Hodgson, Southgate, Noel Blake. It's just abysmal, its pretty telling about the FA Coaching methods when no English manager has ever won the Premier League.

Seeing how much stuff I have to do to get four fucking tickets it seems like Milan doesn't really want my money. Why can't things be simple? Get on the site, fill the form, somehow check my ID (there are a bunch of codes on the card ffs) and send me the tickets. Or make me print them.

Nope. Do a bunch of other stuff around your town and maybe you get them.

Wilbur

Banned
So do I :(

No cool styles for me unless I straighten it first, and fuck that nonsense

I used to straighten it when it was longer. Now I'd just look a cunt.

I hate getting my haircut as well. Strangers rubbing your head and talking to you about your life, fuck that.

I wish there was a barbers where only mute people worked

I used to straighten it when it was longer. Now I'd just look a cunt.

I hate getting my haircut as well. Strangers rubbing your head and talking to you about your life, fuck that.

I wish there was a barbers where only mute people worked

I never talk. Never. She tries to talk to me, after a couple of questions it's all done and the awkward silence begins.

Linius

I never talk. Never. She tries to talk to me, after a couple of questions it's all done and the awkward silence begins.

I always talk. I let the same girl do my hair since I was like 11 I think. Yesterday I learned she now moved in with her BF. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know this!

But now for some real talk, inturns at the hairdressers are 99% of the time too damn hot. I don't where to look.

Linius

How thick is thick?

My hair is so thick it gets hacked at with thinning scissors when I go get a hair cut. All the girls who touch are like 'omg it's so thick'...

Yeah, same here. Too bad thick hair doesn't get you laid. It's my best feature :lol

Meier

I like the shaved on the sides look. I am too lazy to ever do anything with my hair in the morning and to get frequent cuts or I might try it. My hair is very thick and grows fast as hell which is good and bad.

I can't even explain what looks so boring about WatchDogs. It just reeks of 'Assassin's Creed 1'

Anyone else feel the same way?
I do. I started seeing it as another AC after the initial hype faded away: a new IP, on a new generation of consoles, a LOT of promises and it's made by Ubisoft. I'll give it a try, but I honestly don't have high expectations, I feel it'll become repetitve after an hour or two. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, the setting and the background really got me since the reveal.
I always talk. I let the same girl do my hair since I was like 11 I think. Yesterday I learned she now moved in with her BF. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know this!

But now for some real talk, inturns at the hairdressers are 99% of the time too damn hot. I don't where to look.
You will be able to talk to her about it! Isn't that wonderful? It'll be the first thing you'll always talk about from now on.

GorillaJu

Wilbz I think your hair looks good as it is personally. You could go for that style you posted but like you said you've got a rounder face than that dude so it wouldn't look quite the same IMO. If I were you I'd give it a try though you clearly have the hair type for it and if it goes wrong you could just chop more off to even it out and then grow it back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom