• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

546939_730308316985862_526619793_n.jpg

our away shirt is a thing of beauty.

god damn

Carbonox

Players involved in the Steve Harper charity match:

Newcastle: Steve Harper, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O’Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone, Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer.

AC Milan: Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri.

------

Beresford, Bernard, Dabizas, Peacock, Pistone, Watson, Barton, Bowyer, Butt, Dyer, Gillespie, Ginola, Solano, Lee, Asprilla, Beardsley, Cole, Ferdinand & Shearer.....OH MY

Front 6 of Ginola, Asprilla, Beardsley, Cole, Ferdinand and Shearer pls.

Tc91

Back from operation clean.

Huge clumps of dust in all the fans, sprayed it all with compressed air and was plucking clumps out with tweezers. Rancid.

Ice cube seemed to cool down the gfx card so hopefully it will be a bit cooler now.

spidye

So the sleeves have green on them while the shorts are brown and gold??? Why? (Yes I know it's supposed to represent leiderhosen, but still)

traditional bavarian colours if I'm not wrong
and yeah lederhosen

Would pay money for one of those hats. SERIOUS. What kind of hat is that.

I seriously don't know. I like them too :)

Aren't like half the players in that picture injured right now?

yeah :(

badstuber won't be playing until next season

Zabojnik

546939_730308316985862_526619793_n.jpg

our away shirt is a thing of beauty.

god damn

I like it, but when is this obsession with bavarian traditional cloathing going to end? We get it, Bayern is the pride of Bavaria. I swear, every (semi)official picture has Pep and/or the players in lederhosen. Enough's enough.

spidye

I like it, but when is this obsession with bavarian traditional cloathing going to end? We get it, Bayern is the pride of Bavaria. I swear, every (semi)official picture has Pep and/or the players in lederhosen. Enough's enough.

wut?

it's the first time they're in tradtional bavarian colors. unless you meant the oktoberfest pics.

Got 21 in the crew so far, waiting for GQMan and my brother to accept. Think there's an XP bonus if we reach 25

Who is Beardfather btw, forgotten already :p

If your crew name is different to your gaf name, can you remind me so I can keep track. Cheers :)

GQman2121

Banned
You're calling Tomb Raider dogshit? Those are the words of a crazy person, care to elaborate?

Good:

Visuals

Bad:

Narrative

Character's and voice acting (including Lara)

Combat and AI - The bow is a silent semi-auto laser gun and all weapons are worthless once you learn to mash the melee/finisher with the axe for most encounters. The enemies are mindless robots who either know nothing or know exactly where you are at all times. Shallow combat to the max.

Platforming - If you can even call it that. You can literally try to intentionally miss a log or ledge and the game will auto correct your trajectory in mid air to make sure you don't fail.

Puzzle solving - They eliminated the franchise staple of "there's where I need to go, now how do I get up there" and replaced it with unlimited Batman vision and a glowing trail of breadcrumbs to follow with the neverfail platforming. Also, there are really only optional puzzles in the game and they're all one step to solve. There's no depth to be had at all.

There's really nothing positive I can say about the eight or so hours it took me to complete new Tomb Raider. I couldn't believe the number of times (about six to eight i think) that the environment was crumbling around me and yet all i was tasked to do was hold forward or backwards on the analog stick.

I would label it as the poster child for games this gen that attempted to cater to a certain demo, while sacrificing everything that makes the medium a special and unique form of entertainment.

Would have been a better feature film.

omgkitty

Got 21 in the crew so far, waiting for GQMan and my brother to accept. Think there's an XP bonus if we reach 25

If your crew name is different to your gaf name, can you remind me so I can keep track. Cheers :)

I wanted to join but couldn't find you :(

Image.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669841

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

"blowing wind up your ass hole with a goose quill"

i cant breath

If these prices were current, I would totally do everything on that list.

When I get my PS3 back ill have to double dip.

GQman2121

Banned

I'll check it out when I get home. Do they have an app or mobile site?

Linius

Good:

Visuals

Bad:

Narrative

Character's and voice acting (including Lara)

Combat and AI - The bow is a silent semi-auto laser gun and all weapons are worthless once you learn to mash the melee/finisher with the axe for most encounters. The enemies are mindless robots who either know nothing or know exactly where you are at all times. Shallow combat to the max.

Platforming - If you can even call it that. You can literally try to intentionally miss a log or ledge and the game will auto correct your trajectory in mid air to make sure you don't fail.

Puzzle solving - They eliminated the franchise staple of "there's where I need to go, now how do I get up there" and replaced it with unlimited Batman vision and a glowing trail of breadcrumbs to follow with the neverfail platforming. Also, there are really only optional puzzles in the game and they're all one step to solve. There's no depth to be had at all.

There's really nothing positive I can say about the eight or so hours it took me to complete new Tomb Raider. I couldn't believe the number of times (about six to eight i think) that the environment was crumbling around me and yet all i was tasked to do was hold forward or backwards on the analog stick.

I would label it as the poster child for games this gen that attempted to cater to a certain demo, while sacrificing everything that makes the medium a special and unique form of entertainment.

Would have been a better feature film.

Well that's a lot of negativity indeed :p

Can only say I enjoyed my run trough this game. It looks very good, loved the combat and yeah hardly any puzzle solving or stuff like that. More of an adventure/action game. Don't think it was worth full price after all since that one run trough the game was fun but I'll never play it again but would certainly recommend playing it.

Can't wait until 7 of us are legging it from a small county bank in two black SUVs and Sleepless is still in the vault trying to punch eleven armed guards to death.

And then we get back to HQ, split the money six ways and shoot Hitcher in the face.

Haha <3

I can't turn down a fist fight

Always be fighting

Linius

Oh Sleepless tried to fistfight eleven men in TLoU? :p

I must say in the SP I love using my fists to smash some heads in. It saves bullets and it's more fun. Does this make me a sadist? :(

Meier

A 5 year deal for Nani sounds ridiculous to me.

Maybe he took a lower loyalty bonus in exchange for a longer deal. Can't imagine any other reason why they'd sign a wantaway that long in real life. In FM, I'll do that and just continually loan a guy out until I can sell him. :lol

Oh Sleepless tried to fistfight eleven men in TLoU? :p

I must say in the SP I love using my fists to smash some heads in. It saves bullets and it's more fun. Does this make me a sadist? :(

He sneaked up behind 3 of them, none of thm knew he was there and thy were all condensed in an alleyway with nowhere to run but forward once he started shooting. If he'd shot, he would have taken at least two of thm down, and the third would have either had to run or be taken down.

I think Sleepless lost his head a bit though, as he punched the nearest guy in the back, and all 3 of them turned around and beat the shit out of him :D

He sneaked up behind 3 of them, none of thm knew he was there and thy were all condensed in an alleyway with nowhere to run but forward once he started shooting. If he'd shot, he would have taken at least two of thm down, and the third would have either had to run or be taken down.

I think Sleepless lost his head a bit though, as he punched the nearest guy in the back, and all 3 of them turned around and beat the shit out of him :D

I think I started punching the first guy, then went into the second and then the third, there was this very brief moment of realisation of what I've just done and what is going to happen next. All of a sudden all 3 went down on me like no tomorrow.

Edit: Btw that and your moment with the molotov cocktail were the two most memorable moments in the game's MP.

bud23

Wait, how big is the install for GTAV on PS3? I have 4 GBs left, I don't think this will work.

What DC said, at least 8 GB.

The first disc holds data for a mandatory 8GB install - meaning that 4GB Xbox 360 users will need an external hard drive. Disc two will then be used to play the game.

"This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space," Rockstar wrote in a new Q&A blog post. "If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance."

On PlayStation 3, the game will come on one Blu-ray disc, as expected, although you'll still need that 8GB mandatory install.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-02-grand-theft-auto-5-will-ship-on-two-xbox-360-discs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom