• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Ramsey at the moment is worlds ahead of Wilshere, footballing wise. He has a much better temperament too.

Wilshere... I dunno, he acts a bit like a rabid dog sometimes. Jumping at people with the slightest provocation. Yeah, the tackles he receives are bad sometimes but it's part of the game and he deals it out just as much as he gets it.

The pre-injury Wilshere was out of this world though. I won't forget a 19(?) year old bossing Xavi and Iniesta about.
Same can be said for Ramsey who was outstanding before Shawcross cunt nearly ruined his career. Ramsey was better than Wilshere then, got his leg broken, Wilshere stepped up but got injured and now Ramsey is getting back to where he was and then some. I'm convinced we need to focus on Ramsey. His potential is there, you can see why Wenger and Fergie wanted him.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey's current resurgence shows just how important it is to keep Wilshere around. He'll improve, it just takes time. He needs to be closely managed.

jtb

Banned
Wilshere has never been the same since his injury. We have Ozil, Cazorla and a resurgent Ramsey so we should consider getting rid If someone comes in with a 30 mil + bid.

Arteta keeps getting a year older, in a year or two, both he and Rosicky will be out of the team. Ideally, replaced by Wilshere—with Zelalem stepping in as his understudy.

Salvadora

That's fine.

But world's ahead of Wilshere? Really? Ramsey is in good form, playing well for a few games right now. For now...that's it.
It's came up because of the midfield dilemma we now have. One is going to have to drop to the bench, and it would be Wilshere on current form.

'Worlds away' is obviously an exaggeration, but Wilshere hasn't quite looked up to it since returning from injury and Ramsey is playing in a way I didn't think possible of him.I've been blown away. As jtb said, Wilshere just needs time. I certainly would never think of selling him in a 100 years.

Edit: I don't think it's mad to say Ramsey is better than Wilshere. I'm referring to the now. What we've seen on the pitch in the last few weeks. I know exactly what Wilshere is capable of.

Wilbur

Banned
2012 - Wilshere is the best young midfielder in the world.
2013 - Let's sell him if we get a good offer.

2012 - Ramsey just hasn't progressed and we should sell him
2013 - Ramsey is amazing and better than Wilshere by miles

2012 - Wenger out
2013 - Wenger stay

Man you Arsenal fans are fickle :lol

bud23

I don't even know who Djoker's playing tonight lol, I give them that much of a chance

Against Colonel Youzhny, an interesting player. You guys must watch this video (starts at 00:35).

GrandSlamBlood.jpg

Suen

2012 - Wenger out
2013 - Wenger stay

as embarrassing as that is it has some truth to it. I can admit with shame that I thought Ramsey was shit last year and he really was. Rosicky too. I do not associate myself with the other filthy points you made.

Salvadora

as embarrassing as that is it has some truth to it. I can admit with shame that I thought Ramsey was shit last year and he really was. Rosicky too. I do not associate myself with the other filthy points you made.
Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm sure Wilbury's opinion on Ashley Young has change since he joined. Ramsey was really bad for a long time

It's came up because of the midfield dilemma we now have. One is going to have to drop to the bench, and it would be Wilshere on current form.

'Worlds away' is obviously an exaggeration, but Wilshere hasn't quite looked up to it since returning from injury and Ramsey is playing in a way I didn't think possible of him.I've been blown away. As jtb said, Wilshere just needs time. I certainly would never think of selling him in a 100 years.

Edit: I don't think it's mad to say Ramsey is better than Wilshere. I'm referring to the now. What we've seen on the pitch in the last few weeks. I know exactly what Wilshere is capable of.
Well maybe Ramsey is in better form and yes, you could argue he is more deserving of a place than Wilshere right now.

But team selections are rarely as simple as that especially in the long run. Saying Ramsey is better than Wilshere right now may well be true but to me it almost sounds like you guys are suggesting prioritising Ramsey over Wilshere - which to me is just crazy.

Ramsey is doing well and was doing well before his injury a couple of years back. But Wilshere genuinely is "worlds away" from him in terms of his potential. He is the one player Arsenal should compromise for.

Lightning

Banned

2012 - Wenger out
2013 - Wenger stay

I accept the Wenger one but I've never brought into the Wilshere hype while always admiring Ramsey.

And we're not the only ones fickle in this way. Wenger can be a big wind up. In saying that I don't want Wilshere sold, just behind Ramsey in the pecking order.

omgkitty

I've been watching some older Arsenal videos and it saddens me we didn't ask Kolo to come back. He'll it saddens me he left because of that cunt Gallas.

Wilbur

Banned
I accept the Wenger one but I've never brought into the Wilshere hype while always admiring Ramsey.

And we're not the only ones fickle in this way. Wenger can be a big wind up.

Lightning, I remember posts from you saying that you should build the team around Wilshere, or that he was one of your essential players that absolutely shouldn't be sold :lol.

Salvadora

Well maybe Ramsey is in better form and yes, you could argue he is more deserving of a place than Wilshere right now.

But team selections are rarely as simple as that especially in the long run. Saying Ramsey is better than Wilshere right now may well be true but to me it almost sounds like you guys are suggesting prioritising Ramsey over Wilshere - which to me is just crazy.

Ramsey is doing well and was doing well before his injury a couple of years back. But Wilshere genuinely is "worlds away" from him in terms of his potential. He is the one player Arsenal should compromise for.
I wouldn't dare suggest prioritising Ramsey over Wilshere, I'm talking about the team selection for next wee while. I will fully admit that team selection under Wenger will probably not be like that :p

I'm one of Wilshere biggest fans, I think he can be incredible and want to see that happen. But he just needs to be nurtured at the moment.

And we're not the only ones fickle in this way. Wenger can be a big wind up.
Lightning pls
No I didn't want Young from the start.
I just mean football is a fickle business. You don't hold the same opinions you had before, things change. I was truly on the Wenger out bandwagon, thinking he was going to spend absolutely nothing this summer. But he bought the best play-a-maker in the world. Things change, I'm now not so sure.

Suen

I wouldn't dare suggest prioritising Ramsey over Wilshere, I'm talking about the team selection for next wee while. I will fully admit that team selection under Wenger will probably not be like that :p

I'm one of Wilshere biggest fans, I think he can be incredible and want to see that happen. But he just needs to be nurtured at the moment.

Lightning pls

I just mean football is a fickle business. You don't hold the same opinions you had before, things change. I was truly on the Wenger out bandwagon, thinking he was going to spend absolutely nothing this summer. But he bought the best play-a-maker in the world. Things change, I'm now not so sure.
Exactly, I mean it's like if Benz suddenly became of Cavani or Falcao's quality next year. Who in the whole world, aside from Turok, would have expected that if it happened? Wilbury pls understand.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning, I remember posts from you saying that you should build the team around Wilshere, or that he was one of your essential players that absolutely shouldn't be sold :lol.
Well I can't remember that but I must have either way I've changed my mind.

Wilshere not for sale, not for starting line up either. Bench for Jack.

Arteta, Ramsey and Ozil should be our midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilshere is the pick of the bunch [of our youngsters] and luckily for us the biggest one to wear his heart on his sleeve.

Cazorla and Wilshere are the key players for us.

Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are back for Norwich. Theo to replace Giroud and Jack to replace Ramsey please Arsene.

and this one is great

I doubt Arsenal are even interested in Bender or Gundogan. Just stories, nothing more. We have Jack Wilshere, why go for Gundogan?

EVakb93.png

Lightning

Banned
And speaking of fickle. Barcelona fans last season celebrated when Cesc wasn't picked now all of a sudden it's FabreGOD.

And how about Barcelona fans with the Neymar u-turn? Now greatest talent ever!

Messi

And speaking of fickle. Barcelona fans last season celebrated when Cesc wasn't picked now all of a sudden it's FabreGOD.

I always thought he was great, no uturn from me. But I am sure you arent generalizing right?

Wilbur

Banned
Given a fully fit, top of their form squad, every single player at the best of their ability, who would you choose Lightning? Wilshere or Ramsay?

The only way Jack settles into his groove and becomes absolutely attuned to first team football again is playing. Not overplaying because that'll exacerbate whatever injury problems he might have, but at this point in his career, a player of his ability shouldn't be benched.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Argentina Coach Alejandro Sabella has admitted that Carlos Tevez will be hard to ignore if he continues scoring for Juventus.

“Although the quality of our attackers is already very high, if his level remains this high for Juventus, it will be difficult to keep him in Turin.”

You hear that Tevez? SCORE MORE!

Suen

Itäds Barfcelona fans, htgey'd drpopl over a Masdrid B playetr and mkae him into the next Messuj if thy had the chance

Wilbur

Banned
NO NOT THERE, ANYWHERE BUT THERE

Lol thanks for the reminder. Cunt .

Hahahahaha

<3

We're hosting Roma in the next game. We're so fucking done but with Roma having sold some of their best players we may be lucky and have the goddess of football on our side.

They're looking solid this year, although yet to be tested really. Garcia's a good appointment but they won't go the distance. Three or four stronger sides for sure.

Parma I know next to nothing about, apart from Cuntssano lol. O nd dey hv nawty kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom