• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Who are you willing to sacrifice in the middle for an extra forward/winger up front?

Pogba or Pirlo.

Nobody, and therein lies the tragedy. 3-4-3 doesn't really make sense for us, 4-3-3 however does. I'm curious to hear what Conte excuse will be once Pepe comes back. I get it, he likes his 3-5-2. It's a very balanced formation, Bonucci is awesome as the defensive playmaker, Tevez can really only play as a central forward. Why not use all our attacking options though? Why not play Vucinic on left, Llorente in the middle, Pepe (Berardi) on the right, when Tevez needs to take a breather? Move Lichtsteiner back to RB, bench one between Chiellini/Barzagli/Bonucci/Ogbonna. Done.

Salvadora

The only way Jack settles into his groove and becomes absolutely attuned to first team football again is playing. Not overplaying because that'll exacerbate whatever injury problems he might have, but at this point in his career, a player of his ability shouldn't be benched.
Wilbury, lets say you wake up tomorrow as Arsene Wenger. You have to put out a team against Sunderland.

Who do you pick in midfield? That's the problem for me. Obviously Arsenal play in so many competitions that Jacques will always get time on the pitch, but at the moment looking at our current midfield, I'm not sure he would get a definite start in our regular 11.

Meier

And speaking of fickle. Barcelona fans last season celebrated when Cesc wasn't picked now all of a sudden it's FabreGOD.

And how about Barcelona fans with the Neymar u-turn? Now greatest talent ever!

I thought it was kinda funny how FF was all of the sudden his biggest cheerleader when I was professing my Nerman admiration for ages. :p

Zabojnik

We're hosting Roma in the next game. We're so fucking done but with Roma having sold some of their best players we may be lucky and have the goddess of football on our side.

No. There is no 'maybe' here, my dear Suen. Parma is gonna get raped.

Messi

And speaking of fickle. Barcelona fans last season celebrated when Cesc wasn't picked now all of a sudden it's FabreGOD.

And how about Barcelona fans with the Neymar u-turn? Now greatest talent ever!

Maybe that is because when cesc got to play last season he was shit. I suppose you would not agree with that as he is your hero. This season he seems to give a shit and it is showing.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm also in the Terminator > Terminator 2 gang. Both are amazecock tho.

Wilbury, lets say you wake up tomorrow as Arsene Wenger. You have to put out a team against Sunderland.

Who do you pick in midfield? That's the problem for me. Obviously Arsenal play in so many competitions that Jacques will always get time on the pitch, but at the moment looking at our current midfield, I'm not sure he would get a definite start.

First thing I would do is see how big my cock is and then plan to get it out on MOTD or the Sky interview depending on its size

Against Sunderland. Well, Arteta's not fit and I wouldn't start Flamini yet so its a moot point, Wilshere and Ramsay in the middle innit

Ramsey better than Wilshere? You guys are cray.

Sure he's had a few good games. He's still got a lot to prove especially in tougher games (of which we've only had a couple so far) and that huge miss during the spurs game highlights that.

Wilshere has his flashes of brilliance here and there, he's still recovering from a rough time and will only get better if he keeps fit.

Oh and hey, I haven't posted here in a while.

Scum

Terminator 1 is awesome.

In fact, T1 >>> T2

best Terminator is the first.

I'm also in the Terminator > Terminator 2 gang. Both are amazecock tho.

0q76ono.gif

Salvadora

First thing I would do is see how big my cock is and then plan to get it out on MOTD or the Sky interview depending on its size

Against Sunderland. Well, Arteta's not fit and I wouldn't start Flamini yet so its a moot point, Wilshere and Ramsay in the middle innit
You know what I mean though.

I'm just saying that it makes things difficult for the young lad. The bench might be his friend for a while.
Ramsey better than Wilshere? You guys are cray.

Sure he's had a few good games. He's still got a lot to prove especially in tougher games (of which we've only had a couple so far) and that huge miss during the spurs game highlights that.

Wilshere has his flashes of brilliance here and there, he's still recovering from a rough time and will only get better if he keeps fit.

Oh and hey, I haven't posted here in a while.
sup

Wilbur

Banned
You know what I mean though.

I'm just saying that it makes things difficult for the young lad. The bench might be his friend for a while.

sup

I think the problem at the moment is that he's being asked to hold as part of a midfield two while the rest of the players go gallivanting around the pitch. Ramsey's a bit more tactically disciplined than him so is looking more impressive than him, and its the same when Wilshere plays alongside Arteta.

Unfortunately with the signing of Ozil this only muddies the waters further, so Wilshere won't be playing in his favourite position for quite some time. He's gonna get Rooney'd. Still a fantastic player, but with all his youthful zest taken out of him, his world beating side, his ability to just take on the world.

Remember that Rooney? Euro 2004 Rooney? Fuck me I was so excited when we bought him and he scored that hat trick. Could have been one of the greats if he'd just focused on the football.

3Sixty

lol

Just fucken nut them. Dream of Rickie scoring four against Moldova and nut the bastards.

Kicked a cubical door in on some bloke doing coke in the toilets last week. Felt like LAPD.

Football will be on in the pub tomorrow. Have to try and make sure that glorious scouse bastard doesn't distract me too much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Terminator 2, without a doubt.

termin2d.jpg

Nobody, and therein lies the tragedy. 3-4-3 doesn't really make sense for us, 4-3-3 however does. I'm curious to hear what Conte excuse will be once Pepe comes back. I get it, he likes his 3-5-2. It's a very balanced formation, Bonucci is awesome as the defensive playmaker, Tevez can really only play as a central forward. Why not use all our attacking options though? Why not play Vucinic on left, Llorente in the middle, Pepe (Berardi) on the right, when Tevez needs to take a breather? Move Lichtsteiner back to RB, bench one between Chiellini/Barzagli/Bonucci/Ogbonna. Done.

Caceres is dead

But see now we're in our second dilemma:

Who are you/we willing to sacrifice in defence? Chiellini can (and did) mark Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik all by himself, Barzagli never makes a mistake and Bonucci IS Beckenbauer.

I loved our 4-3-3 and I'm with you on that one though.

Salvadora

I think the problem at the moment is that he's being asked to hold as part of a midfield two while the rest of the players go gallivanting around the pitch. Ramsey's a bit more tactically disciplined than him so is looking more impressive than him, and its the same when Wilshere plays alongside Arteta.

Unfortunately with the signing of Ozil this only muddies the waters further, so Wilshere won't be playing in his favourite position for quite some time. He's gonna get Rooney'd. Still a fantastic player, but with all his youthful zest taken out of him, his world beating side, his ability to just take on the world.

Remember that Rooney? Euro 2004 Rooney? Fuck me I was so excited when we bought him and he scored that hat trick. Could have been one of the greats if he'd just focused on the football.
Please no, that would break my heart. I'm already fearing that happening to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as there is absolutely no room in the middle for him, so Wenger is going to let him wilt on the wing.

We'll have to wait and see, potentially. We will only know when he looks 'back', if that makes any sense :(

Wilbur

Banned
It's not that good tbh.

Alien is a better initial watch but if I'm going to pick one to watch over and over its going to be aliens

alien 3 is fucking terrible if you don't think so you are WRONG

Haven't seen it. Ain't nobody got time to watch movies that everyone agrees are shitty nowadays.

I can't even remember much of Aliens off the top of my head. I love the bit with the scanner and the bleeping getting closer, that shit's fucking amazing.

Kicked a cubical door in on some bloke doing coke in the toilets last week. Felt like LAPD.

Football will be on in the pub tomorrow. Have to try and make sure that glorious scouse bastard doesn't distract me too much.

:lol oh shit

Was it Nathaniel Clyne? I picked him for my fantasy team and he never fucking plays anymore, fucking Callum 'Sutton United legend' Chambers.

Please no, that would break my heart. I'm already fearing that happening to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as there is absolutely no room in the middle for him, so Wenger is going to let him wilt on the wing.

We'll have to wait and see, potentially. We will only know when he looks 'back', if that makes any sense :(

But the Ox is a winger.

Salvadora

But the Ox is a winger.
When he signed he said that he sees himself as playing centrally eventually and that he prefers it. Said that Wenger saw him there too. I think he looks good there too, but not enough to displace anyone for the foreseeable future. I'm more sad that he probably won't get his chance there.

Edit: I suppose it could be another case of 'Walcott up front' and then when he plays there he isn't very good.

3Sixty

:lol oh shit

Was it Nathaniel Clyne? I picked him for my fantasy team and he never fucking plays anymore, fucking Callum 'Sutton United legend' Chambers.

Unfortunately i haven't seen my boy Nate Dogg in a while.

He'll be back starting at RB from the next game I'd imagine.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
image0013429058898293dj2ae.gif

terminator-2-t-1000-o.gif

In fucking 1991, and Kyoufu still had the audacity to say 'lol terrible effects"

Are we ever going see proper action movies again?

Scum

image0013429058898293dj2ae.gif

terminator-2-t-1000-o.gif

In fucking 1991, and Kyoufu still had the audacity to say 'lol terrible effects"

Are we ever going see proper action movies again?

I remember watching this awesome shit back then. Goddamn! They don't make 'em like they use to. :-/
Kyoufu, pls.

Salvadora

Ox is a winger. He's never going to get a chance to play in the middle, and that's perfectly fine by me.
I just want him back :( three months feels like forever. He will have serious competition to get in the side now that we have Santi on the left.

tCbi2Wx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom