• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
So Bale earns a lot? So what Madrid can afford it and we paid over half the transfer fee and the wages no big deal once you remove Ozil's wage.

Messi

So Bale earns a lot? So what Madrid can afford it and we paid over half the transfer fee and the wages no big deal once you remove Ozil's wage.

The problem is that economically spain is on its knees and Real Madrid and Barcelona are going around acting like dickheads throwing 300,000 a week at Bale or whatever Neymar gets. Its irresponsible to pay the amounts of money Madrid paid for Bale and Barca for Neymar. Especially considering how fucked the country is and to a much lesser extent how fucked the league is.

Thats pretty funny. I wasnt sure what they were taking the piss out of him for but I got it eventually. He does not seem to happy about it either lol. These videos from Rio are always a cool insight behind the scenes with the players. Wish Barca had something like it.

Fergie

Banned
The problem is that economically spain is on its knees and Real Madrid and Barcelona are going around acting like dickheads throwing 300,000 a week at Bale or whatever Neymar gets. Its irresponsible to pay the amounts of money Madrid paid for Bale and Barca for Neymar. Especially considering how fucked the country is and to a much lesser extent how fucked the league is.

Thats pretty funny. I wasnt sure what they were taking the piss out of him for but I got it eventually. He does not seem to happy about it either lol. These videos from Rio are always a cool insight behind the scenes with the players. Wish Barca had something like it.
Seems its a running gag within the players as well. Feel sorry for Anders. Wish he took football seriously.

Messi

Seems its a running gag within the players as well. Feel sorry for Anders. Wish he took football seriously.

Oh its quite clear the rest of them are in on it, he seems quite pissed when he gets called on it lool

R10Neymarfan calling Bale overrated might be the funniest thing I have read this month. He seems totally oblivious to the whole Neymar thing.

Lightning

Banned
The best thing Barca and Madrid can do for that is make the game prices as low as humanly possible and share the tv money more but beyond that there is not a lot Madrid can do. In terms of the Bale or Neymar deals I don't think they should be affected by the economy because football is a sport for entertainment and what best entertainment is there than to show off the best players?

I personally think Madrid goofed this greatly as basically they've added Bale and lost Ozil because of it. IMO Ozil is the better player and they've lost him for half the amount of money.

hiroshawn

Banned
MQXYf9F.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
:lol that Bale thread.

:lol Madrid.

best part:

I have seen constant attempts at trying to instill the impression that the debt Real Madrid has is unsurmountable. I want to re-correct this as when compared to British clubs, all the Top Five have worse debt coverage ratios than Real Madrid.

It's funny none in football world mentions the fact that Futbol Club Barcelona has as of June 2012 negative assets of EUR 20M, with the liabilities exceeding the assets or the fact that FCB is deferring tax payments in order to restructure its accounting.

Neymar's deal, actually, is probably going to be more expensive than Bale's

You can find full episodes of the tour diary on youtube.

it's hilarious how much I suck at Fifa, but more hilarious the reactions online.

I suck at this game, yet I manage to get some wins, with a large score and get disconnects.

I have been playing with a school bud for the past week, and I have been decimating him.

• Game has host advantage
  • The game does not want to let me win
  • Everything you shoot goes inside
  • Every corner you take is a goal
  • I won 7-1, and started to do own goals and then ragequits.
  • Created an all star team, decimated it with 2013 2014 RM.
  • Changed controller. Still won
  • Last match I won luckily 3-1, had some luck with the keeper. His keeper did amazingly and Messi wasted 2 chances under the goal. Somehow, the game does not want to let him win.

I value his friendship so much I'm going to stop playing this game altigether because he gets so mad :lol

rodvik

it's hilarious how much I suck at Fifa, but more hilarious the reactions online.

I suck at this game, yet I manage to get some wins, with a large score and get disconnects.

I have been playing with a school bud for the past week, and I have been decimating him.

• Game has host advantage
  • The game does not want to let me win
  • Everything you shoot goes inside
  • Every corner you take is a goal
  • I won 7-1, and started to do own goals and then ragequits.
  • Created an all star team, decimated it with 2013 2014 RM.
  • Changed controller. Still won
  • Last match I won luckily 3-1, had some luck with the keeper. His keeper did amazingly and Messi wasted 2 chances under the goal. Somehow, the game does not want to let him win.

I value his friendship so much I'm going to stop playing this game altigether because he gets so mad :lol

nah man, thats when you start showboating on his ass. Make him rage, make his rage BUUUUUUURRRN :)

Zabojnik

Caceres is dead

But see now we're in our second dilemma:

Who are you/we willing to sacrifice in defence? Chiellini can (and did) mark Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik all by himself, Barzagli never makes a mistake and Bonucci IS Beckenbauer.

I loved our 4-3-3 and I'm with you on that one though.

Bonucci plays much better in a 3-man defence, so ... Bonucci, with Ogbonnator on LB. Alternatively, Barza - Bonny as CBs, Chiellini on LB. He's played there before with solid results. It's not like we have better crossers anyway. :p

Big Trouble in Little China > *

This man knows what's up.

fuenf

More stuff from the Zlatan biogrpahy:
http://www.*****************/sport/...d-die-Jose-Mourinho-Pep-Guardiola-coward.html

brahimovic transfers to Barcelona, but they lose their 2009-10 Champions League semi-final against Mourinho’s Inter.

Guardiola looked at me as if it was all my fault and I thought: ‘That’s it. I’ve played my last card.’
(...)
Guardiola didn’t say a word, not a peep, and now I’d had enough. I could feel it in my whole body, and if I’d been Guardiola, I would’ve been scared. Not that I’m saying I’m handy with my fists! I’ve done all kinds of ****. I don’t get into punch-ups, though. All right, on the pitch I guess I’ve headbutted a few people. When I get angry, the red mist descends. You don’t want to be nearby.

I went into the locker room after the match and I hadn’t exactly planned any frenzied attack. But I was not happy, to put it mildly, and now my enemy was standing there, scratching his head.

Yaya Toure was there, and a few others, and then there was the metal box where we put our kit from the match, and I was staring at that box. Then I gave it a kick. I think it went flying about three metres, but I wasn’t finished yet. Not by a long chalk. I yelled, ‘You haven’t got any balls!’ and worse than that I added, ‘You’re ******** yourself in front of Mourinho. You can go to hell!’

I completely lost it, and you might have expected Guardiola to say a few words in response, but he’s a spineless coward. He just picked up the metal box, like a little caretaker, and then left, never to mention it again, not a word.

(...)

There were other things. ‘Listen,’ Guardiola said. ‘We don’t turn up to training sessions in Ferraris or Porsches.’ I nodded, didn’t go off on one and say things like: ‘What the hell business is it of yours what cars I drive?’ At the same time, though, I was thinking: ‘What kind of message is he sending here?’

I do love cars. They’re my passion, and I could sense something else behind what he was saying. It was like: ‘Don’t think you’re anybody special!’

I’d already got the impression that Barcelona was a little like being back at Ajax, it was like being back at school. None of the lads acted like superstars, which was strange. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, the whole gang — they were like schoolboys. The best footballers in the world stood there with their heads bowed, and I didn’t understand any of it. It was ridiculous.

(...)

At his Barça, everybody should be like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Nothing wrong with them, like I said, absolutely nothing at all. It was terrific being in the same team as them. Good players get me fired up.

But I came with my whole personality, and there didn’t seem to be space for that, not in Guardiola’s little world.

When I realised I would be on the bench for a game against Almeria, I remembered that line: ‘Here in Barcelona we don’t turn up to training sessions in Porsches or Ferraris.’ What kind of nonsense was that, anyway? I’ll take whatever car I want, at least if I can wind up idiots. I jumped in my Enzo [Ferrari], put my foot down on the gas and parked up right in front of the door to the training facility.

I’d decided to start to fight my corner, and you should know that that’s a game I know how to play.
I’d been a fighter before, believe me. I couldn’t neglect my preparations, though, and so I talked it over with my agent. We always plan our tricks together, both the smart ones and the dirty ones. And I rang round my mates.

I wanted to see things from different perspectives and, my God, I got every kind of advice.

The Rosengard lads (from my home town) wanted to come down and smash the place up, and of course that was nice of them, but it didn’t really seem like the right strategy under the circumstances.

(...)
Because of Guardiola’s problem, the club were forced to do a disastrous deal to sell me — it was crazy. I’d scored 22 goals and 15 assists during my season at Barcelona. Yet I’d lost nearly 70 per cent of my value. Whose fault was that? Guardiola, the quiet little over-thinker, had tried to wreck me.

Wow, he sounds downright mental. For a moment I was worried that he might say something true, but he just sounds like a giant jerk. Why would he even write something like that?

Pep simply picking up the box and walking away sounds awesome, tho.

Summer is over :(

That's what I was thinking when I left for work and it was dark :(

Anyone read about Rockstar requesting that retailers in the UK don;t dispatch GTAV until the day before release. If it misses the Tuesday, people in my immediate vicinity will die

Jack Thompson woz rite

That's what I was thinking when I left for work and it was dark :(

Anyone read about Rockstar requesting that retailers in the UK don;t dispatch GTAV until the day before release. If it misses the Tuesday, people in my immediate vicinity will die

Jack Thompson woz rite

They can request that shit all they want it won't happen.

Can you imagine what that would do to the postal system? It has to be staggered from Friday to Monday.

Maybe even before, payments being processed etc. Mine is pre-paid from banned site.

panty

Fock the double post, love this Marca article about Yzil

Strangely enough, Mesut Özil claims that Arsène Wenger's profession of faith in his ability during the pair's phone call was key to his decision to sign for Arsenal. This, against the backdrop of his recent friction with Ancelotti, who supposedly "didn't believe" in the German. So let's get this straight: after three years in a Real Madrid shirt, during which he was a fixture in the side and developed both on and off the pitch, he was happy to throw all that away after one phone call? Arsène Wenger must be quite the charmer! Or could it be that Özil and his father, Mustafa, already had their minds made up for other reasons?

Let's call a spade a spade. It is a shame to say goodbye to any player of Özil's calibre. But when a player (who, lest you forget, still had years to run on his contract) decides to leave a club like Real Madrid, that is down to him and his whims/emotional needs/unrest. Ultimately, players call the shots, particularly when a club like Arsenal comes calling with a €45-50 million package. And that's all fine and dandy, but people should at least tell it how it is.

Being lured by higher wages is human and understandable, even when your name is Mesut Özil and you already earn a fortune. But if your commitment to staying is real (no pun intended), no telephone call can shake that – especially if you're under contract.

True as it may be that Bale's arrival means added competition and Ancelotti was asking for more from Özil, the German had still started two league games out of three (only being subbed off with 25 minutes or so remaining), so where does lack of faith come into it? Özil choosing money over success on the pitch is another kettle of fish, however, and on that count, he certainly looks set to get what's coming to him.

Yeah Yzil y u do dat

And all clubs are going to put up their prices when Arsenal comes knocking.

That's exactly what I thought.

Sainsbury's Entertainment for the staff discount, every game I've ordered from them so far has come one release day as well

Still haven;t preordered a game to go with the PS4, can;t decide between KZ:SF and BF4

I ordered Payday 2 from banned site and it came a day early I'm not expecting GTA early too but it's good to see they can get shit done properly.

Lightning

Banned
Fock the double post, love this Marca article about Yzil

Yeah Yzil y u do dat
Real Madrid mouthpiece Marca at work again. Charming lot kissing Real's ass and just blaming Ozil when it was without question Madrid needing to get some money back.

And nice pot shot at him choosing Arsenal in there as well for good measure. The same Marca, on Monday, ran a story that he changed his mind and wanted to stay. Truly special bunch.

Sainsbury's Entertainment for the staff discount, every game I've ordered from them so far has come one release day as well

Still haven;t preordered a game to go with the PS4, can;t decide between KZ:SF and BF4
Pre-ordered BF4 from Amazon for £44, thinking of switching to Sainsburys cos of the 15% thing :p

Also, I thought you weren't getting PS4 at launch?

Edit: Hmm, even with the discount, Amazon is still cheaper by £2.

Pre-ordered BF4 from Amazon for £44, thinking of switching to Sainsburys cos of the 15% thing :p

Also, I thought you weren't getting PS4 at launch?

Couldn't resist. With the 15% discount, and the fact I'd be getting one next February at the latest for Infamous, thought I might as well be there at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom