• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
4 manutd bros reply. Not surprised one bit.

It was 2 years ago guys..
abidal-funny-tackle-o.gif

Black John Terry.
Lion Heart.

sohois

Erm... I'm pretty sure most businesses wouldn't continue to pay employees if they were unable to work due to sickness. Yes there would be a period of paid sick leave but it is not indefinite in any country.

And before someone says "Well Barca are a rich football club, what's it to them to keep paying one player's wages?" bear in mind that this argument works the other way as well i.e. Abidal is a pro footballer and therefore exceedingly wealthy, so it's to him if he doesn't get paid for doing nothing."

Salvadora

Abidal's wages could've been covered by insurance or the state, so technically Barcelona are not paying him whilst he still is being 'paid' if you will.

Wilbur

Banned
Erm... I'm pretty sure most businesses wouldn't continue to pay employees if they were unable to work due to sickness. Yes there would be a period of paid sick leave but it is not indefinite in any country.

And before someone says "Well Barca are a rich football club, what's it to them to keep paying one player's wages?" bear in mind that this argument works the other way as well i.e. Abidal is a pro footballer and therefore exceedingly wealthy, so it's to him if he doesn't get paid for doing nothing."

I think the way Barca dealt with Abidal in the whole is pretty unsavoury to be honest, not just this.

spidye

Something is telling me he's avoiding this bit of news. Let's wait for Messi to reply. He'll have no excuse then.

Wait so you'd rather pull out your build a bridge shit than talk about how Barcelona didnt pay one of their employees while he was having cancer treatment?

so FF is the official PR-agent of Barcelona?

leave FF alone!!!

Somewhere, pulga is masturbating.

is he still banned?

is blablurn still banned?

sohois

I think the way Barca dealt with Abidal in the whole is pretty unsavoury to be honest, not just this.

Well that's fine, but then you shouldn't use this situation, which would be the norm in most businesses, to colour your judgment of how they handled Abidal.

Wilbur

Banned
Well that's fine, but then you shouldn't use this situation, which would be the norm in most businesses, to colour your judgment of how they handled Abidal.

What about if someone does their ligaments and can't play for almost a year? They'd still get paid right?

Not sure how I feel about that Januzaj to Blackburn loan Jeff was talking about. I don't want him to go on loan, but it would be cool for him to help Jeff's team out.

Tc91

Wow at the Abidal story.

Horrible from Barca.

Not sure how I feel about that Januzaj to Blackburn loan Jeff was talking about. I don't want him to go on loan, but it would be cool for him to help Jeff's team out.

Yeah I don't want him to go on loan either but Jeff could be our Graham Carr.

sohois

I doubt a player out for months with a knee injury doesn't get paid. What's the difference?

Legally? There may be a number of differences, for example a player with an injury will continue to come to the club for their rehabilitation, they would still be 'at work'; for Abidal it was likely that he was unable to do such a thing.

And as I mentioned above, paid sick leave does have limits in every country. If a player had a significantly lengthy injury then the club would presumably have grounds to halt their pay or even to terminate the contract

Wilbur

Banned

If he does go out, I'd just want us to make sure there was guarantees in place that he'd play. If he's going to sit on a bench I'd rather he does it here.

Salvadora

An Arsenal academy coach is under investigation for placing a bet on Ozil coming to the club on Monday (that was when he tweeted about the bet so he could've made it earlier).

rangersmad92

Neo Member
An Arsenal academy coach is under investigation for placing a bet on Ozil coming to the club on Monday (that was when he tweeted about the bet so he could've made it earlier).

Why wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut and be happy with his winnings instead of tweeting it!

Yen

Watched Indie Game: The Movie last night. It's crazy how depressed these super-successful indie devs were. can't imagine how bad it is for the unsuccessful ones.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, I read that as well. The idiot is now finished and likely his father who is an Arsenal scout is going to get the sack as well.

GorillaJu

Off topic, but I've never seen anyone quite so violently puritanical toward sexuality as video game fans.

On topic, Barcelona probably just operating under standard business procedure like elseano said, but you have to admit it doesn't sound good at all on their end.

Off topic, but I've never seen anyone quite so violently puritanical toward sexuality as video game fans.

On topic, Barcelona probably just operating under standard business procedure like elseano said, but you have to admit it doesn't sound good at all on their end.

It's a priestly type of Puritanism whereby they denounce sexualisation of women whilst having a highly sexualised 14 year old anime character as their avatar.

A more terse term for them would be 'fucking idiots'.

rvy

Banned
What do you do? You have cancer, you are nobody.

You will pass the ball to me.

You are here to play for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom