• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Programming is what I ended up dropping out because my first time in uni. I don't like things where I can't make 100 typos and still have it work.

Barzul

So I haven't played a Metal Gear game since Sons of the Liberty, currently watching recap of the entire series, what a fucking confusing mess. Still can't wait for MGSV.

Kenka

tumblr_ma86olyjhH1qevds0o2_400.gif

I love u(rt).
He does in the whatsapp. He's banned.
Ask this Canadian cunt to come back from his voluntary exile. And Bla too.

Carbonox

So was I.

Until I read the previews today.

I think everything is blown out of proportion thanks to that shit dump IGN who hires hobbit hole dwelling shit cunts as writers. Other sites were far more unbiased about their write-up than some Splinter Cell waifu putting SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION ALL OVER SNAKES FACE after every sentence.

A lot of what was mentioned was shown in the debut trailer (slow-mo alert counters, etc.) but only gets called out now?

Everything about the game for the most part sounds fantastic, not to mention the excellent debut trailer showing some gameplay aspects. Naturally we've seen a sliver though so there could very well be some questionable design choices but I don't think what was written today should be worrying just yet or at least (if you don't like some of the known elements) enough to really slate KojiPro for.

That's just me though.

Yen

I think everything is blown out of proportion thanks to that shit dump IGN who hires hobbit hole dwelling shit cunts as writers. Other sites were far more unbiased about their write-up than some Splinter Cell waifu putting SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION ALL OVER SNAKES FACE after every sentence.

A lot of what was mentioned was shown in the debut trailer (slow-mo alert counters, etc.) but only gets called out now?

Everything about the game for the most part sounds fantastic, not to mention the excellent debut trailer showing some gameplay aspects. Naturally we've seen a sliver though so there could very well be some questionable design choices but I don't think what was written today should be worrying just yet or at least (if you don't like some of the known elements) enough to really slate KojiPro for.

That's just me though.

Agreed

The one that was leaked and is known to be nowhere near finish lol?

That's what Konami says every year and they fail to actually release anything better every year too. The worst is they don't just do it to PES, look at all the Silent Hill thread "but but but old build" and the final release turns out to be even worse.

Meh, its an improvement on last year. It's still not great but I think the demo was better than FIFA 13 was, gameplay wise. It's pretty good.

I'm sure, I'm talking about the difference in the leaked PES demo and the final product.

Spoiler alert, it will be exactly the same.

Clegg

Steve Round on Fellaini

He thinks Fellaini could be a very good all rounder. Have to say I'm pretty chuffed about this signing. We obv got fleeced for him. But he's still a good player.

"When David came here he looked at the squad and thought one of the players we needed to bring in was someone with those physical attributes in the middle of midfield who could give us strength and aggression in certain games and maybe allow one or two of the others to play," Round, who was also Moyes's assistant at Everton, told the Manchester Evening News. "That, coupled with his ability to score, made him feel Marouane would be a really good acquisition for United. When you get to work with him every day, you get to realise that technically he is excellent.

"He is a 10 to 15 goals a season man and that is good from midfield. He can play No4, sat in front of the defence, he can play an eight in the centre doing box-to-box and can play a No10 where he drops off the front man. That's valuable when the range of games is so varied. (NOT FOR US HE FUCKING WON'T)

"His chest control is arguably one of the best in the world. You can bang the ball at him from anywhere and he will bring it down on his chest and bring others into play. His feet and his technique work are really good. He is aggressive and tackles. He also has great fitness stats. He will regularly do over 12k a game and he can run, goodness me he can run. He is a lot better footballer than he gets credit for and he has good passing ability."

Round believes Fellaini offers a new dimension to United. "He doesn't have the same range as a Michael Carrick in his long passing but his continuity and the way he keeps the ball and short passing is very good," he said. "When you are building a squad to compete on all fronts you don't want every single player to be the same. You want options and differences. In a certain game it might be Tom Cleverley and Carrick in midfield, it might be Fellaini and Carrick, or Fellaini and Anderson. It has given the manager options he didn't have before.

Scum

So are Engerland favs to win the World Cup after they beat Moldova 6-1 tonight?

I'm now an officially enrolled student at University. Moving into halls next Friday.

Hell yeah

Congrats. Nice.

So was I.

Until I read the previews today.
Stay away from IGN and most mainstream sites. They have no video game journalists or reviewers anymore.

Rockstar releasing PC screenshots of GTAV and trying to sell it as the console version.

i8myaIZAbtnSv.gif
image.php

I just can't believe those heavily downsampled shots weren't the console versions.
Don't go spreading that around. :p

Suen

Programming is what I ended up dropping out because my first time in uni. I don't like things where I can't make 100 typos and still have it work.

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
char choice;

std::cout << "Is Chelsea shit? (y/n)" << std::endl;
cin.get(choice);

if (choice == 'y' || choice == 'Y')
{
std::cout << "Chelsea is shit" << std::endl;
}
else
{
std::cout << "Chelsea is still shit. Fuck the blues" << std::endl;
}

return 0;
}

Wilbur

Banned
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
char choice;

std::cout << "Is Chelsea shit? (y/n)" << std::endl;
cin.get(choice);

if (choice == 'y' || choice == 'Y')
{
std::cout << "Chelsea is shit" << std::endl;
}
else
{
std::cout << "Chelsea is still shit. Fuck the blues" << std::endl;
}

return 0;
}

i thought i told you yesterday to type in english

Kenka

He says cunt back.

Tell him I miss his hyperbolic love declarations to Russian players, his lucid comments and his perfect English.
If Bla is among your Whatsapp contacts, tell him he is an unwashed cunt.

Suen, you would advise me to take the plunge into PHP or C++ ?

Randdalf

I just can't believe those heavily downsampled shots weren't the console versions.

It's very likely they are actually the console versions. Screenshots aren't taken whilst somebody is actually playing a game, they record the gameplay frame-by-frame, then replay it, find a good angle then take the screenshot. The advantage of doing this is that they are not constrained by needing to render it in real-time so you can add effects like anti-aliasing and motion blur not present in normal gameplay as post-processing. It's disingenuous for sure, but they're not using higher resolution textures or models so it's not entirely dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom