• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Well we have two movies in common even. Totally unaware movie bros. I have The Bling Ring on my watchlist too.

Enjoyed Bling Ring, posted about it earlier in this thread.

Prestige might have been my favorite of the bunch. I love when movies I faintly recall/cared about and have no expectations for turn out good.

Regardless of me figuring out the movie before it told you itself I still enjoyed it. Bonus Christian Bale pre-fake teeth.

Prometheus I thought was good.... I didn't have the hype GAF did, read the bad reviews GAF gave it and still enjoyed it. I dunno

Loved Perks, excellent flick would watch again soon.

Pacific Rim.... saw it in theaters.... in 3-D, nuff said.

Linius

How'd you find Serenity?

I found it really touching, floating on the wind like a leaf and all. It was like an extra long Firefly episode to me with a more darker theme. Good to learn more about the reavers and seeing all the old crew members. Though I feel like people who haven't seen Firefly won't think so highly of it.

Yup. You guys should give it a try. I'm also gonna repeat myself and recommend the new Goldfrapp album, though it (obviously) goes into an entirely different direction.

Haha, ever since Hard Candy I have a completely different look at Goldfrapp.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I found it really touching, floating on the wind like a leaf and all. It was like an extra long Firefly episode to me with a more darker theme. Good to learn more about the reavers and seeing all the old crew members. Though I feel like people who haven't seen Firefly won't think so highly of it.

Nah, I enjoyed it.

The Prestige is a fucking wonderful film. Easily Nolan's best work in my opinion.

FUCK YEAH

Linius

Enjoyed Bling Ring, posted about it earlier in this thread.

Prestige might have been my favorite of the bunch. I love when movies I faintly recall/cared about and have no expectations for turn out good.

Regardless of me figuring out the movie before it told you itself I still enjoyed it. Bonus Christian Bale pre-fake teeth.

Prometheus I thought was good.... I didn't have the hype GAF did, read the bad reviews GAF gave it and still enjoyed it. I dunno

Loved Perks, excellent flick would watch again soon.

Pacific Rim.... saw it in theaters.... in 3-D, nuff said.

Yeah The Prestige was great. And loved Perks too. Very nice soundtrack too, Sonic Youth, The Smiths and David Bowie amongst others. That's a thing I really love about these 'indie' flick or coming of age films, most of the time they feature music like The Shins, The Smiths, Lou Reed and that stuff. Loving it.

The Prestige is a fucking wonderful film. Easily Nolan's best work in my opinion.

The book is still better though.

This may be an unpopular meaning but I still think Inception is his best work for me. And I've seen almost all of his movies. Only missed Insomnia and Following so far.

What kind of music are you into usually?

Koko

Banned
So that CHVRCHES record is really cool guys, everyone should listen to it.

Totally agree with this, although I haven't listened that many times because The Weeknd's album has been on repeat the whole week. You guys should listen to it if you like the type of music he does.

Salvadora

I miss Andres

I was told he would come back at the start of the season when all the Colombians had settled into their new clubs.

Where art thou, Andres :(
Wind Waker HD looks fucking amazing, and I haven't played the original.

If I don't have a job come October and I'm back in Preston I'm borrowing your Wii U, DC.
An absolute flawed masterpiece of a game.

I just can't buy a Wii U though, it would be akin to throwing £200+ down the toilet.

Linius

Totally agree with this, although I haven't listened that many times because The Weeknd's album has been on repeat the whole week. You guys should listen to it if you like the type of music he does.

Strangly I never really felt it with The Weeknd. I tried House of Balloons back when but it never clicked. Maybe I'll try his new record. I'm more a fan of Weekend for that matter. I bet Farid likes Weekend too, or at least he should.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
She loves her even more than I do!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

m227173854.jpg

The Prestige is fucking amazing. Every time I watch it, I get something new out of it, something I hadn't noticed before.

For example:

*DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM*

when Borden's wife is saying "you do love me today, you don't love me today" etc etc, I never even realised that the other Borden (with the beard) was the one who was in love with her and wants to look after the daughter. But then again...they did switch roles a lot :lol

Also, I never realised that Angier was the mysterious benefactor who wanted Borden's trick, before he became a magician.

Hell, the film deliberately leaves clues for you to discover and it even says at the beginning, "Are you watching closely?" I clearly wasn't :lol :lol

Define music, that's way too broad. I know you mostly like the Manchester sound (funny you support Arsenal) and other varieties in British music. Time to move forward :p
The Manchester music scene was/is huge. No surprises there.

You have me on Last.fm. Look at what I've been listening to and help me broaden my horizon. This whole week has been Unknown Pleasures or AM with some podcasts here and there.

Koko

Banned
Strangly I never really felt it with The Weeknd. I tried House of Balloons back when but it never clicked. Maybe I'll try his new record. I'm more a fan of Weekend for that matter. I bet Farid likes Weekend too, or at least he should.

Oh I like what I hear. Will definitely check them out.

And yeah if you didn't liked House of Balloons then The Weeknd isn't for you.

Yen

I started listening to Ladyhawke, pretty good.

Watching the Four Year Plan. Crazy. Briatore making subs for the manager

Sage00

Once And Future Member
According to the Scottish FA, my seat tonight did not restrict view of the pitch and therefore did not warrant a discount:

BTgBTTVIgAA2kuk.jpg

:lol

Linius

Well Bacon, I have really no idea where to start since you listen to a lot of music that sound a like. I could just name a few bands in a completely different direction and see what you like.

Shoegaze: Ride, Crocodiles and Slowdive. Those are shoegaze bands that are quite easy to get into if you're not familiar with the sound.

Interesting recent electronic releases: Factory Floor, Fuck Buttons and CHVRCHES. Really wonder how you would feel about Fuck Buttons. They work with heavy beats and make long songs.

Some garagerock/pop: Ty Segall, Mikal Cronin and King Tuff. And there's plenty of more where that comes from, so if you like that kind of stuff you have tons of records to check out.

Maybe there's something in it for you, it's hard to just recommend music like that and I just go by my own taste :p

Well Bacon, I have really no idea where to start since you listen to a lot of music that sound a like. I could just name a few bands in a completely different direction and see what you like.

Shoegaze: Ride, Crocodiles and Slowdive. Those are shoegaze bands that are quite easy to get into if you're not familiar with the sound.

Interesting recent electronic releases: Factory Floor, Fuck Buttons and CHVRCHES. Really wonder how you would feel about Fuck Buttons. They work with heavy beats and make long songs.

Some garagerock/pop: Ty Segall, Mikal Cronin and King Tuff. And there's plenty of more where that comes from, so if you like that kind of stuff you have tons of records to check out.

Maybe there's something in it for you, it's hard to just recommend music like that and I just go by my own taste :p
Think I've found the sweet spot with my musical taste and it's difficult to get out of that. Anyway, I've bookmarked this post.

I'm also going to check out MS MR that was posted on the previous page.

Is CHRVCHES album out yet? I had tickets lined up to see them end of this month but the venue was too north of London to get home.

Got Moderat tickets though - AOTY for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom