• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

I can't help but wonder if that Pep story is just some minor thing blown up into "Pep wanted the England job" to boost Hodgson or some other insane plan. I mean, really? He wanted the England job?

In any case as El Topo said, having Pep wouldn't really have changed anything. He's a better manager than Hodgson but you're never going to win anything with a Cleverly-Gerrard-Carrick-Milner midfield.

Clegg

I thought we bid £26m for Herrera but the Telegraph is saying we only bid £20m.

Yet we're still interested in signing him even though we know Bilbao won't negotiate and we won't pay his release clause.

Fuck this club. Sometimes I just don't get what we're trying to do.

Arnie

i just cant handle life without seeing moyeezus in a trackie cheering as we play a near perfect away performance and lose 1-0
tumblr_msgbgsr7Lm1qaorn7o1_r1_500.gif

Fuck this club.
tumblr_msgb34Y4PW1qaorn7o1_500.gif

3Sixty

You guys need to embrace international football. I'm fucking buzzing fir Tuesday.

Rickie Lambert vs Ukraine is basically Rocky IV.

Carbonox

With Breaking Bad and Dexter (lol) coming to an end, that leaves me with:

Definite:

The Sopranos (working on this one - nearly at the end of the first season)
Person of Interest S3 starts this month

Maybe:

Agents of SHIELD (curious to see what it's like but it will probably just be shallow hero/villain of the week nonsense like Smallville)

Hell no:

Homeland returning - series has gone to dutty filth

One show I'm curious to check out (which isn't long either) is Deadwood which I hear fantastic things about and many of you have regarded it as a top show.

Mind providing some more information on this? Seems interesting but some personal opinions would be grand.

Arnie

You guys need to embrace international football. I'm fucking buzzing fir Tuesday.

To be fair I'm quite excited.

I went mad in Wetherspoons when Gerrard rifled the opener.

But you do feel a bit guilty afterwards. Like, it's fucking England.

Tc91

Yeah Breaking Bad ending basically leaves me with no TV show to watch. Stopped watching Dexter about 4 episodes ago and just read the spoilers.

Thinking about starting The Wire.

Haven't seen any of them other shows you said apart from a bit of The Sopranos, Homeland has gone to shit in my opinion too S2 was sooooo bad.

Kloppo playing striker again for a charity match today.

He'll get a contract as player coach if he does well. Can't be worse than Schieber at the moment ;(

sohois

With Breaking Bad and Dexter (lol) coming to an end, that leaves me with:

Definite:

The Sopranos (working on this one - nearly at the end of the first season)
Person of Interest S3 starts this month

Maybe:

Agents of SHIELD (curious to see what it's like but it will probably just be shallow hero/villain of the week nonsense like Smallville)

Hell no:

Homeland returning - series has gone to dutty filth

One show I'm curious to check out (which isn't long either) is Deadwood which I hear fantastic things about and many of you have regarded it as a top show.

Mind providing some more information on this? Seems interesting but some personal opinions would be grand.

Deadwood is without a doubt a fantastic show, just below the holy trinity for me (The Wire, Sopranos, The Shield).

Plus even if you're one of those muppets who thinks that Mad Men is 'too slow' or 'too boring', Deadwood is going to interest you. The only downside is that there are just 3 seasons.

Deadwood is bloody superb; the dialogue is amazing.

Carbonox

Deadwood is without a doubt a fantastic show, just below the holy trinity for me (The Wire, Sopranos, The Shield).

Plus even if you're one of those muppets who thinks that Mad Men is 'too slow' or 'too boring', Deadwood is going to interest you. The only downside is that there are just 3 seasons.

I got around 4/5 episodes in to the first season of Mad Men but had other shit to watch so shelved it. Enjoyed what I watched though.

sohois

I got around 4/5 episodes in to the first season of Mad Men but had other shit to watch so shelved it. Enjoyed what I watched though.

Well then you can resume Mad Men as well. Between Deadwood and Mad Men you'll have 9 seasons of top class TV to watch

Salvadora

Sporting Witness has an article up on Ozil's character assassination in the Spanish press.
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...assination-of-arsenal-s-ozil-moves-to-his-sex
Some choice bits:
Before Real Madrid sold Mesut Ozil there had been weeks of stories in the Spanish press doing the groundwork for the club. Media closest to Madrid were claiming he was for sale because he'd been trying underhand tactics to get a pay-rise, had a bad attitude, and they basically didn't want him around the place. He was trouble.
today's El Mundo. The Madrid based newspaper, not to be confused with Mundo Deportivo, is one of the best selling in Spain and in the lifestyle section today they explain that there was more behind Ozil's fall from Real Madrid grace than meets the eye. To put it bluntly, they claim the footballer was putting it about a bit, and this harmed his training and ultimately led to him becoming a player the club were happy to sell.
El Mundo claim it was Joachim Löw who first got worried and notified Real Madrid of what he thought were fitness problems. He had one particular girlfriend who he would meet in Milan or Paris and Löw thought these meetings and the travel was becoming a problem.
According to the newspaper Ozil was warned by Mourinho and he tried to talk him out of seeing the girl involved. It's claimed that Mourinho knew all about this particular lady, having heard of her when he was coaching Inter Milan. We're not going to be as blunt as they were, but you get the picture.
It's also claimed, and we have no idea how they'd know, that Arsenal asked Ozil to live somewhere other than the place he has chosen, Chelsea, but that his latest girlfriend insisted.

L1NETT

So fucking bored. Christ

Movie Marathon Time! In prep for 12 Years a Slave and Gravity, I whipped through some of Alfonso Cuaron's and Steve McQueen filmography.

Watched Hunger, Shame, Great Expectations, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Children of Men in a short period of time.

Highly Recommended. Oh and listen to the new White Lies album, that shit is good.

-----

on Tv shows, is The Newsroom any good? Might start watching it, not sure yet.

sohois

Gravity seems like the kind of thing I should be really excited for, and yet I simply cannot escape the fact that Children of Men & HP:prisoner of Azkaban were 2 of the worst films i have ever seen in my life.

It's very difficult to get excited for something from a director who you know produces stuff you hate.

Yen

Gravity seems like the kind of thing I should be really excited for, and yet I simply cannot escape the fact that Children of Men & HP:prisoner of Azkaban were 2 of the worst films i have ever seen in my life.

It's very difficult to get excited for something from a director who you know produces stuff you hate.
Crazy

Carbonox

My man, I also thought Children of Men was shite. I find Clive Owen to be an insufferable welch.

Mastadon

Banned

I can't even comprehend how CoM is one of the worst films you've seen. It's almost perfect.

Hixx

the fuck

no

what

My man, I also thought Children of Men was shite. I find Clive Owen to be an insufferable welch.

7569_original.gif

sohois

I can't even comprehend how CoM is one of the worst films you've seen. It's almost perfect.

Well you should first of all consider the fact that I do not go out of my way to watch bad films. So a lot of really terrible stuff will simply never enter my filmic knowledge as I have no idea it even exists. Unless you are some film connoisseur why would bother to watch tripe? I can very much accept that Children of Men is light years ahead of The Amazing Bulk, but i will never watch the latter.

As to why I dislike it, I'm afraid I cannot give you a very good writeup in this case. It has been a few years since i saw the film, and as i disliked it so much, I made quick to forget most of what I had seen. Thus I have very little recollection of the film and absolutely no desire to see it again. It may very well be that seeing it a second time would change my opinion completely, but I guess I shall never get that chance.

Showaddy

I'm fine with the director but I just can't bear the thought of watching a film with Clooney & Bullock in...

Batigol

Banned

I can't :(

All I see with international football is a distraction to proper football. Fuck internationals in the middle of a season.

Facism

I recently finished watching Battlestar Galactica. Despite the shitty
lol god did it
ending, it was some competent sci-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom