• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BTBEjp8IMAALMWe.jpg

Camoranesiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

The game has always been incredibly overhyped. Its good, but not much else. Nostalgia does terrible things to people.

Nothing to do with nostalgia imo, HL2 in particular was very highly rated from the moment it was released. At the time of the release everything about it was fantastic, with the exception of the vehicle sections probably. Gameplay was the first time I thought shooting had felt so good in a FPS single player game and the whole world was just very enrapturing.

The physics especially with the gravity gun later on was also fantastic, played around with it for forever. Today obviously that wouldn't be seen as anything special. Of course 9 years later now some things won't feel as good and the wow factor of a lot of things are gone.

bud23

Wait wtf? Rooney has apparently injured his head and is a big doubt for the game tomorrow.

Fuck him, #freeshinji

I don´t care what people say about this, it´s a fact ; Rooney is United's best player....So time to sell him, I guess. United logic.

bud

AfXlwv4.jpg

Revolution cost $28 million to make, and proved to be a box-office disaster, only grossing $346,761 in the United States. It currently holds a rating of 8% critical approval at Rotten Tomatoes.

It was also nominated for four Razzie Awards, including Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Actor and Worst Musical Score. The movie won a Stinkers Bad Movie Awards for Worst Picture.[2] Pacino's film career subsequently went into a four-year hiatus until 1989's Sea of Love.

derExperte

That doesn't even make sense and is a joke of an excuse. If you go by that logic, the English FA should have made a remark when KPB went to Milan. Why would they care if KPB is still suspended in Germany or not? DFB/DFL must keep track of that kind of stuff.

Or alternatively, come up with a better excuse. Like, he served his suspension for Spurs or something.

http://www.t-online.de/sport/fussba...rince-boateng-zu-schalke-04-keine-sperre.html

"Der DFB erklärte jedoch auf Nachfrage, dass der Spieler vom italienischen Verband als "sperrenfrei" deklariert wurde, und er somit ab sofort spielberechtigt ist."

It is what it is.

Showaddy

Nothing to do with nostalgia imo, HL2 in particular was very highly rated from the moment it was released. At the time of the release everything about it was fantastic, with the exception of the vehicle sections probably. Gameplay was the first time I thought shooting had felt so good in a FPS single player game and the whole world was just very enrapturing.

Of course 9 years later now some things won't feel as good and the wow factor of a lot of things are gone.

The story & characters made it stand out a hell of a lot at the time as well. Facial animations are still superb as well.

Edit: Also the fact that the game went from wizz bang shooty fun to Ravenholm in like a hour was absolutely amazing. Never seen such a drastic change of tone in a game before.

Hixx

Well that was shite. If we don't replace Larsson and Vaughan we are going to struggle as much as we did last season. We STILL have the worst central midfield in the league and O'Shea... John O'Shea man. Seriously if I met him I would have such an urge to clock him. Fuck me I cannot stand him. So bad.

I posted this on our board, if anyone is interested which I doubt but hey-ho:

These two sentences are saved from a post I couldn't finish at half time:

O'Shea has really got on my fucking wick tonight as well, that time he decided to go up front after bringing the ball out - it was clear as fuck day they were going to get it back and be through, and they ended up 3 on 3 which was totally unnecessary. Plus his passing is embarrassing for a Premier League footballer.

And he got even worse in the second half. There was a moment in the second half when someone played the ball in behind him to Chamakh and he just looked completely done as an athlete. Even after we got it to 1-1, me and me dad were adamant he was going to fuck up and cost us a goal, him or...

David Vaughan. I know Larsson didn't have a great game but he genuinely had to do the running for two. Vaughan was never in the right place, he has no real attribute to suggest he can play CM in the Premier League. He certainly doesn't have a physical edge to his game and his embarrassingly one-footed style of play was an incredible hindrance when we were playing it around on the edge of their box. Lack of technique you can forgive him - his absolutely appalling defensive showing you cannot. He was an empty shirt when we did not have the ball. We were defending with 10 men before O'Shea got sent off. If we are going to persist with 4 in midfield, he cannot ever play or we surrender the midfield.

Those two were the worst of the bunch... both wingers were ineffectual and while Giaccherini showed one or two great turns or flicks, we are probably going to have to find a different role for him or find out if he really has more in him when it comes to fitness as any athletic right back will nullify him too easily like today when he ended up drifting inside and we lost the width. Johnson just didn't get in to the game, linked up nicely with Celustka a couple of times but nowhere near enough.

We missed Jozy's ability to hold the ball up and his pace big style, I'm not really sure Ji's heart is in it which isn't good for him or more importantly SAFC. Paolo doesn't seem to be handling him well at all which can't be helping and I'm really fucked off he thinks Vaughan is a better option in any way imaginable than Cabral.

Fletcher of course looked good but clearly rusty and lacking that bit of energy he had last season; Diakite... I still can't make my mind up on him. Seems to have a few communication issues but has the ability and power to dig himself out of the holes that created but I think he will become an important player for us, probably our motm. Celustka was fine again, very steady and solid player.

Just once again, the lack of a midfield has fucked us over. And I'm afraid unless Short realises we need two quality midfielders and opens his wallet yet again it's going to be another long, depressing season. Maybe we'll get lucky and Ki and possibly Cattermole will be the answer but we can't really rely on Cattermole's fitness and Ki seems to have a return clause for the winter transfer window. If we can get those two midfielders, though, I think our upturn will be dramatic - just a shame our home run until Christmas is horrible. I'm not panicking yet but today was so fucking frustrating.

Clegg

Actually £17m for Fellaini can't be right.

We had £36m joint bid for Fellaini and Baines rejected last week. After Moyes specifically saying midfield was the area he wanted to prioritise would he really then go and value Baines higher in this joint bid? I don't think so.

Our first bid was £28m for the two and we rated Fellaini at £16m then. I don't think we would only increase our offer by £1m since then.

Hixx

Ok Football GAF I need to cheer myself up

I am going to buy a PC game (must be able to download and cost less than £25) to play tonight

GO

DO IT

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS

derExperte

I am going to buy a PC game (must be able to download and cost less than £25) to play tonight

GO

DO IT

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS

The very charming Rayman Legends is £24.99 if you like jnrs. Or Game Dev Tycoon. Prison Architect is on sale. Just don't buy Aliens:CM even though it's cheap on Steam.

HERNANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ despite being one man down.

GO

DO IT

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS

Prison Architect. It's pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom