• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Despite my happy holiday optimism I return to England tomorrow and I'll give my proper Balotelli verdict then.

Not fully sold.

Big risk.

Great potential.

To go tits up.

Mastadon

Banned
Despite my happy holiday optimism I return to England tomorrow and I'll give my proper Balotelli verdict then.

Not fully sold.

Big risk.

Great potential.

To go tits up.

Embrace it, Arnie. Embrace the madness.

image.php

Scum

Think Wooden pointed out they use some different database than what us plebs have access to.

FIFA and FM are so far removed from reality, especially FIFA, using tarot cards or some shite is as useful for scouting players

Linette, pls. FM is GOAT at unearthing footy gems.

He's about to join Roma, it seems. I don't really get it, he had a good debut season and settled into the PL quickly, but he hasn't kicked a ball so far under MoPo and appears to be on his way out.

At the end of the day we need to trim our squad and we can only sell players that people want to buy. It's a crying shame that Dawson and Paulinho are hanging around while Chiriches and Sandro are being shuffled on.

scumavatar.jpg

Meier

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano 7 mins
Mario #Balotelli wage with Liverpool will be €5,8M/year. Decided today with his agent. Tomorrow, Mario will sign everything. #LFC

90k p/w seems really reasonable to be honest.

Huh, he's currently making €4m a year after tax. If he's truly going to make £90k a week, that means he's only going to get a nominal pay raise after tax. Like only a few thousand more per week. That seems hard to believe, frankly, given that he was on around £130k a week when he was at City.

Mastadon

Banned
Huh, he's currently making €4m a year after tax. If he's truly going to make £90k a week, that means he's only going to get a nominal pay raise after tax. Like only a few thousand more per week. That seems hard to believe, frankly, given that he was on around £130k a week when he was at City.

I'd imagine that his basic rate and he'll have performance-based clauses to top it up. We've done that with all of our big contracts recently, and in the circumstance it makes sense.

Fintan

On SSN earlier today they reported the £90k/pw as being after tax.

Meier

I'd imagine that his basic rate and he'll have performance-based clauses to top it up. We've done that with all of our big contracts recently, and in the circumstance it makes sense.

Yeah, that would make sense and would be smart with a volatile guy like Mario. City have moved towards that route for a variety of reasons (FFP calculation, the players are getting older and now we don't have to throw huge basic wages at them since the team is more established as a major force at this point).

L1NETT

Linette, pls. FM is GOAT at unearthing footy gems.

Hey, I love playing FM. Really well made and addictive time sink. But as a football simulator it is so divorced from actual football. The actual database they create for day one is decent I guess.

Salvadora

Not fully sold.

Big risk.

Great potential.

To go tits up.
At least it will be funny if it does go belly up, so there is that.

There was a World Cup interview, I believe, where Wenger said he is "unmanageable."

Clydefrog

I'm going to start Divinity all over again.

Soldado, innit. 'AryKane is coming along nicely though.

YES WOODEN!

I really need to get back into that. Amazing game.

Risen 3 has stolen my attention at the moment. You should give that a go.

also, yeah! ARRYKANE!

hurricane-facts4sjdl.jpg

Walshy

That picture of Gascoigne on Twitter is fucking heartbreaking.
No doubt it will be all over the rags tomorrow.

Then comes to false pity to sell more papers.

It's sickening. Because he has a serious illness and obviously by humilating him in the national press will help him. What cunts they are down fleet street.

Hixx

When I clicked on the #gazza hashtag I honestly thought the pics were of Dave Bassett and there was some sort of joke going on. Unrecognisable.

Feorax

It's gut-wrenching, but it's hard to see any way back for Gazza when he's looking that fucked up.

Given he's failed to recover so many times before, I'll be staggered if he's still with us in 2 years time.

pulga

Banned
BvlnnFCCcAAOIDs.jpg

I don't even know what to say

edit: okay yes i do, why the hell did they choose the two less known players in the team SMH

I think you could get away with buying them directly. How big is the group?

two, maybe three if HERR B WOULD FUCKING PRONOUNCE HIMSELF ON THE SUBJECT SMH

edit 2: MY HEAD HRUTS

L1NETT

It's gut-wrenching, but it's hard to see any way back for Gazza when he's looking that fucked up.

Given he's failed to recover so many times before, I'll be staggered if he's still with us in 2 years time.

:(

Hurts so bad seeing him like that, such an awful illness

gazza-goal-96-o.gif

Barzul

A journo based in South Africa said this

Neal Collins ‏@nealcol 52m
BREAKING: PSG confirm @Arsenal bid for Edinson Cavani has been accepted, personal terms next.

It truly is muppet season. His account on a whole is suspicious as he also tweeted this picture.

BvlwHzQIUAIGGAb.jpg:large

omgkitty

A journo based in South Africa said this

Neal Collins ‏@nealcol 52m
BREAKING: PSG confirm @Arsenal bid for Edinson Cavani has been accepted, personal terms next.

It truly is muppet season. His account on a whole is suspicious as he also tweeted this picture.

BvlwHzQIUAIGGAb.jpg:large

THAT'S NOT EVEN OUR CURRENT KIT! It must be fake.

7itgTQZx.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom