• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
It's fucking heartbreaking about Gazza. The bloke needs help; serious help. I know a few ex pros have tried to help him but he obviously can't cope with his life on his own.

He needs to be sectioned for his own good. Never mind the public persona of 'Gazza', Paul the person needs help and he needs it now and for the rest of whatever is left of his life.

Such a shame.

Clegg

So a guy from South Africa who hosts a show called "Soccerballz" has the inside scoop on Cavani? I'm somewhat dubious.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont think I have ever been more disappointed in a movie that I was in Gravity, terrible, nothing movie with terrible characters.

EmiPrime

It's fucking heartbreaking about Gazza. The bloke needs help; serious help. I know a few ex pros have tried to help him but he obviously can't cope with his life on his own.

He needs to be sectioned for his own good. Never mind the public persona of 'Gazza', Paul the person needs help and he needs it now and for the rest of whatever is left of his life.

Such a shame.

He has been sectioned many times. I think there is no helping him.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Such a shame.

he's old and spent most of his adult life shitfaced

I hope he's okay but he's not going to turn things around now.

edit: fuck me he's 47. goddamn

Scum

Hey, I love playing FM. Really well made and addictive time sink. But as a football simulator it is so divorced from actual football. The actual database they create for day one is decent I guess.

All because Pickford isn't listed as a wonderkid. For shame. 😒

omgkitty

He's verified though. Clutching straws.

He's even throwing out names of people who can verify he's legit...he's either real or just crazy. He also deleted that original tweet, but he has other stuff about us and Cavani. IDK it's probably bullshit.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Boys. Once we send that Turkish team with that name I can't spell back to hell we are going BIG.

Like Ozil BIG.

UysvUvc.png

Arnie

Marcotti seems to think that Balo will be on £150k per week.
Inclined to think it rises to that on performance-based bonuses.

Echo are reporting £90k which is probably what the club are putting out, which indicates his base salary.

Fine with him earning big money if he fulfils his big promise. If he somehow got 20 league goals this season I'd give him what he wanted. I think Sturridge will easily surpass that, fitness permitting. He did last year and he was out for some time.

L1NETT

I dont think I have ever been more disappointed in a movie that I was in Gravity, terrible, nothing movie with terrible characters.

I assume you just watched it and not some belated reaction from seeing it ages ago. If i'm right, then I think seeing Gravity on DVD/Blu-ray is pointless

One of the few films you need to see in as big as a screen as possible and shockingly in 3D. Saw it in IMAX 3D and it is a silly B-movie but fuck me if it isn't an absolute exhilarating technical marvel rollercoaster of a film.

Hixx

@SamWallaceIndy 2m
Tim Sherwood has withdrawn his name from the running to be the next Crystal Palace manager

Motherfucker.

LTWheels

One good thing about Balo is that he can score from free kicks. Something we have lost without Suarez. Gerrard free kick shots on goal rant what they use to be. Still good at putting in a free kick on the head of one of our players though.

noal

Banned
He has been sectioned many times. I think there is no helping him.

he's old and spent most of his adult life shitfaced

I hope he's okay but he's not going to turn things around now.

edit: fuck me he's 47. goddamn

All true but do you give up on him?

Is he beyond saving? Maybe, but you shouldn't ever give up on trying to reclaim some form of life. He gave so much pleasure to so many people that I believe he deserves to be persevered with.

Arnie

One good thing about Balo is that he can score from free kicks. Something we have lost without Suarez. Gerrard free kick shots on goal rant what they use to be. Still good at putting in a free kick on the head of one of our players though.
Thought that from a video of his previous season.

He seems really good at it. We didn't have that in the team but it's important and a good way to keep him happy with Gerrard on penalties.

Also, no Sherwood is gutting. Truly gutting. I miss him.

wedward

Stop. I will go biserk if I get hyped for nothing

It just makes sense Meus.

I feel it in my heart.

We know Wenger wants Cavani. He bid 30m the January before he went to PSG.

We need a striker.

We have mountains of cash.

Cavani is wasting his career on the wing in a nothing league.

It's a new era.

So you better believe that if some random Twitter dude from South Africa says we are getting Cavani, then goddamnit Meus...

WE ARE GETTING CAVANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Meier

Marcotti seems to think that Balo will be on £150k per week.

Yeah, that sounds more likely. I had figured the £90k a week would be after tax since the post above was originally from an Italian and that is typically how they present salaries for players. It could also be that the £150k is an "all-in" type number if he meets certain variables.

L1NETT

Is Sherwood above that job too?

Just get a license for a cab mate, that's what you'll end up doing.

Didn't they contact some Chelsea youth coach? never a dull moment eh Palace

It just makes sense Meus.

I feel it in my heart.

We know Wenger wants Cavani. He bid 30m the January before he went to PSG.

We need a striker.

We have mountains of cash.

Cavani is wasting his career on the wing in a nothing league.

It's a new era.

So you better believe that if some random Twitter dude from South Africa says we are getting Cavani, then goddamnit Meus...

WE ARE GETTING CAVANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

We are getting Cavani

Arnie

Yeah, that sounds more likely. I had figured the £90k a week would be after tax since the post above was originally from an Italian and that is typically how they present salaries for players. It could also be that the £150k is an "all-in" type number if he meets certain variables.
The Liverpool Echo are saying £90k.

£150k is most likely with his performance bonuses met.

We won't offer him £150k as a flat salary.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Is he beyond saving? Maybe, but you shouldn't ever give up on trying to reclaim some form of life. He gave so much pleasure to so many people that I believe he deserves to be persevered with.

No I don't think people should give up on him. I'm just saying he's probably done some irreversible damage and will never fully recover. Like I said, I hope he's doing okay.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If Arsenal getting Cavani stopped us getting Di Maria then id let the cold take me

noal

Banned
No I don't think people should give up on him. I'm just saying he's probably done some irreversible damage and will never fully recover. Like I said, I hope he's doing okay.

True; he looks fucking awful and he will be lucky to survive another couple of years. Such a waste. The English curse.

EmiPrime

His friends have put up with a lot. I don't think you could blame anyone for washing their hands of him. He has had the best treatment money can buy courtesy of other people.

noal

Banned
His friends have put up with a lot. I don't think you could blame anyone for washing their hands of him. He has had the best treatment money can buy courtesy of other people.

Maybe he just doesn't have any chances left. He has burned a lot of bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom