• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Any iPhone Bro here thinking of jumping ship like me?
The heavily rumoured protruding camera on the iPhone 6 might be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Press conference notes

How pleased are you to be here Rojo?
" Thank you very much, i am very happy to be here at the biggest club i the world, great honour, pleased to bring the best i can to this club"

The move seemed to take a long time, were you ever worried it would not happen?
"
No, it was a little bit hard, long process, the most important thing is im here now and ready"

Have you had any contact with any of your 3 Argentine contacts at Man City?
"Received messages from all, congratulated"

How pleased to bring in Rojo, to bring in a CB (To Gaal)
"I played him in the WC, so I had to analyse Argentina, that video I was already enthusiastic about him because my philosophy is that you have to buy only players who fit in the profile and I think Rojo fits in the profile as a LCB and LWB. He played for Argentina as a LWB but for Lisbon as a LCB so I think he will fit in our profile, he played a fantastic WC so im pleased"

Marcus how confident are you United will be better under Gaal
"For me its the most important football league in the world, there are alot of young players who come to improve their game, i hope im one of them"

What are the qualities that you need for the profile (to Gaal)
"First of all you need alot of brains to be aware of spaces because we are defending spaces. He has to be a very good header, because the PL plays with long balls and also his build up has to be good and I like the way he played in the WC (about Rojo) and he has to be aggressive in the right moments. When I have to say something about him, to criticise, he has to control himself, in every moment and that maybe he can imrpove, and i can help him"

You said the first few months would be difficult ould you ask the United fans to be patient with what you do here?
"It is always like that. For 2 months I was the king of Manchester, now I am the devil, it is the football world and the media, I think the fans of Machester are Intelligent. I have said in all press conferences that it shall be difficult for the players especially ad also the fans, I said this also to Woodward and the Glazer family that it is always like that. They have hired me because of my philosophy, not because im a nice person, I am! I am not hired to be fired, I am hired to build up a team and thats a process and that process needs time, I bring another philosophy in the club and thats difficult because I have to give alot of information. We are now in that process, for example, I have to drive at the left side and I have to pay alot of attention to drive properly, it cost me alot of energy, so this player (rojo) also, he doesnt speak any English, what does it mean? He has to adapt to a new culture, new philosophy, it takes time, for Marcus and the other players. You have to believe in it, and my curriculum should convince them. It needs time, its not an overnight job"

Paul Scholes said he is scared about what may happen to United, he is scared they are preparing to not win things for a long time.
"I can imagine fans are also scared because they have seen the last year and also the first home match and then I can imagine that, but also they have to believe in the philosophy that we bring in this club. The players are believing that, they have shown that already in the US but now have to show here, that needs time. Paul Scholes have to believe in that philosophy"

Fans think you need more players?
"The fans can think that, its not so easy to buy and sell on the market because you have also to take account the market. We respect every player, I certainly do, you cannot say that it is the error of the players that they play here at United, so you have to give them respect. I have tried to do that, I have said everyoe gets a fair chance, now the first two weeks I have spoke to alot of players and more in the next two weeks. We are doing that in the right sequence, that is fair, polite and with alot of respect to the players themselves.

Have you told players here they are not wanted? (Referencing Wellbeck)
"They are talking, but |I know what I have said to Danny ad he knows exactly what I have said, I think the media is guessing, they were not in the room and I dont speak about that because its private, I assume he is not saying about our conversation. And in that conversation was also Giggs who doesnt say anything, this is the way it should be."

Embargo up, 10:30pm

Walshy

Even as Sakho's biggest fan, I don't think Skrtel deserves to be dropped. Thought he was great against Saints.

Sakho over Skrtel? I guess I don't rate Sakho as much as others but he just never seems 100% solid to me. Okay, neither is Skrtel, but...
I thought Skrtel was at fault for the goal.

For instance he didn't follow Lovren when he stepped out to tackle Tadic before his assist for Clyne. Because Skrtel turned off and didn't move over, that left the huge space for Clyne to run into.

jbxH6JYdDxx315.jpg

Kill3r7

Basically what Odd said, but so far the Glazers haven't invested vast amounts of money into the club and it would certainly be an odd change in behaviour to suddenly make this vast amount of money available when transfers have been quite slow for United this transfer window.

Also using Viva's three new signings your starting eleven would look something like:

Van Persie - Rooney
Di Maria - Khedira - Herrara - Mata
Rojo - Benatia - Evans - Shaw
De Gea

A pretty good side, even if you have to go back to 4-4-2 (I'm not totally sure how everyone would fit in here).

If we sign all 3 players we will play 4-3-3.

Di Maria/Januzaj - RVP/Rooney - Rooney/Januzaj
Herrera - Khedira - Mata
Rojo/Shaw - Benatia - Evans - Jones
De Gea

Let's copy Madrid

Rooney - Van Persie - Januzaj
Di Maria - Khedira - Herrara -
Shaw - Rojo - Evans - Rafael
De Gea

Rooney does the Ronaldo role. Ronaldo doesn't play defense anyways for Madrid, is always the furthest or 2nd furthest player up the pitch. Only difference is that Rooney doesn't dribble much and does more defensive work by running like a headless chicken at players.

And we sell Mata?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Everyone is reporting Di Maria leaving story now, building up heat :3

ijm72

If we sign all 3 players we will play 4-3-3.

Di Maria/Januzaj - RVP/Rooney - Rooney/Januzaj
Herrera - Khedira - Mata
Rojo/Shaw - Benatia - Evans - Jones
De Gea

Khedira never really played as a DM for Real Madrid he was more of a box to box midfielder with Alonso as the DM. The only time that I can recall him playing DM was in the Champions League final and that was because Alonso was suspended and Ancelotti did not trust Illarramendi at all.

Kill3r7

Khedira never really played as a DM for Real Madrid he was more of a box to box midfielder with Alonso as the DM. The only time that I can recall him playing DM was in the Champions League final and that was because Alonso was suspended and Ancelotti did not trust Illarramendi at all.

He'll be more of a CM than DM but that's the role he'll have to play for United/Arsenal if he wants to play in the EPL.

Meier

So what's the deal with that Totally Man U twitter thing?

It's one of you lot isn't it.

I find it so strange that so many sites are reporting on it as an actual story and not like it was an amazing parody. I hope the creator takes credit at some point because it was fucking brilliant.

This comment on that story is pretty decent bantz.

well at least it took him 4 days to give up on his dream, man utd gave up this season after 90 minutes at home to Swansea

What he said about Welbeck sounds a bit like he's calling him out for leaking the news.

Either way definitely no denial. Can't see where he would go though. If we are not going to sell to any of the teams above us I can't see who else would pay the cash/be able to convince him to join.

K1LLER7

TomMcDermott: "MUTV: "Fascinating stuff to come" from LVG's embargoed press conference."

Fascinating as in, nothing important.

Mr Cola

TomMcDermott: "MUTV: "Fascinating stuff to come" from LVG's embargoed press conference."

Fascinating as in, nothing important.

They said this last week.

He isnt someone to let slip anything.

K1LLER7

Seems to me that LVG has already told some of the players they aren't needed.

Didn't really deny any more signings either. Hoped somebody would've been more direct and just asked if we want to sign any more players.

RefigeKru

Banned
Why aren't Arsenal trying to scoop up Di Maria? Cazorla replacement.

He'll obviously cost a shit-ton, but if the goal is to play Sanchez centrally, getting Di Maria too would provide all kinds of possibilities.

I can dream.

Seems to me that LVG has already told some of the players they aren't needed.

Didn't really deny any more signings either. Hoped somebody would've been more direct and just asked if we want to sign any more players.

I'm sure they did.

Edit - Herrera is injured. Rojo doesn't have a work permit so presume he can't play. Fucking hell.

Mr Cola

I'm sure they did.

Edit - Herrera is injured. Rojo doesn't have a work permit so presume he can't play. Fucking hell.

Hahah just saw this.

I mean when things are this bad you can only laugh

Hixx

Imagine if he plays van Persie out of sheer desperation and he pulls his hamstring

More likely he will score a brace but still. Imagine.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm sure they did.

Cattermole would have snapped Herrera's legs off anyway.

Hard to believe it's the second week of 14/15 and Cleverley and Fletcher will be United's midfield pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom