• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Maria would be a great signing. Would add some genuine pace to our attack. Versatile player also. Think he would cope fine in the EPL also.

Will be very costly.

One thing I do enjoy about our new shit squad is all the lefties. It felt like it was just Giggs and Evra for ages.

They're everywhere now.

Van Persie, Mata, Januzaj, Shaw...TYLER BLACKETT. I like it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Think Newcastle will win this, they didnt play too bad v City, just couldnt finish for shit

Salazar

It's like a fucking think tank of linguists and poets had to come up with the ultimate utility footballer name

Daley Blind

Human spongecake. Athletic Earl Grey. The personification of neither-here-nor-there.

Clegg

We're missing pace and creativity on the wings so Di Maria would undoubtedly be a great signing. But yeah, defenders and midfielders are undoubtedly needed more right now. If we can't get a midfielder of the quality we want then I can see why we'd go for Di Maria.

jEWo9Ir.png

We're missing pace and creativity on the wings so Di Maria would undoubtedly be a great signing. But yeah, defenders and midfielders are undoubtedly needed more right now. If we can't get a midfielder of the quality we want then I can see why we'd go for Di Maria.

I don't understand why you're not in for Khedira

At this point it seems like he has 3 options

1) Waste a year with Madrid
2) Lower his wage demands and go to an Arsenal
3) Keep his wage demands and go to someone desperate for a CM

I don't understand why you're not in for Khedira

At this point it seems like he has 3 options

1) Waste a year with Madrid
2) Lower his wage demands and go to an Arsenal
3) Keep his wage demands and go to someone desperate for a CM

Considering the state of our midfield of course, I'd have him.

But it isn't necessarily that simple. If the manager doesn't want a player like him why put him on a massive contract. I don't know where Khedira fits in to the way Van Gaal would want us to play. He isn't actually very versatile and he isn't able to do much on the ball. He'd very quickly become an "option" rather than a starter if we signed say, Strootman in January/next summer.

Unless United sign a good CM now and not in January, I think they'll find it difficult to get into the top 3. So, signing Di Maria feels like a bit of a waste until that happens.

K1LLER7

We aren't signing Di Maria.

In other news:

Tanc: "United have decreased their offer for Vidal but now offer a player too. Not Chicha. United value Arturo at 50m, Juventus 65m."

Yes Woodward! :(

Clegg

If the midfielder LvG wants isn't available then I don't see much wrong with going for Di Maria instead. It leaves us with a weak midfield but I'm not sure that having a square peg in a round hole is any better. Signing Di Maria would at least solve a problem we've had for a few years now.

If course what's most likely to happen is that we miss out on Di Maria and bring no midfielder in either.

Hixx

This is beyond a joke post, it's a Live at the Apollo post.

Just rewatched Rome

such a mint show. Bring it back HBO

Season 1 of Rome is some GOAT shit.

Season 2 you can feel the rush to finish it because of it being cancelled. Fucking BBC :mad:

Hixx

Dean did you ever try PLP with the PS4? Does it work? I am so lazy I cba to try. But I'd be surprised if it did.

Jarnet87

Everyone saying oh but where is the defensive midfielder. Cartoon is simply bypassing it for an attacking player since Fletcher is invisible on the pitch anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom