• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
signhimup5bjvn.gif

#acab

all coppers are ballers

It'd be nice if cops in my city would play a little football instead of shooting 18y/o black kids and leaving them in the street to rot

:(

If this game were to end now Alan Hutton would be man of the match.

Damning him with faint praise.

He never really did live up to the promise that made Spurs spunk £9m on him. Seems to be one of the many that made his name as a big fish in a small pond north of the border.

K1LLER7

Guilemme dishes the details on Di Maria:

What seems clearer than daylight now is that if Angel Di Maria was bluffing with his demands of Real Madrid, then the club has finally decided the time is now right to call him on it.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti has upped the ante, either on his own volition, or more likely on instructions received from upstairs, by leaving him out of the squad for the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup. Curiously Sami Khedira has suffered the same fate (and, upset, he ended up going to Germany without the permission of the club).The club wants to sell both as soon as possible. But is it that easy?"Enough is enough," the club seem to be saying to the Argentinean player’s continual demands for more money, and his exclusion is their way of saying they can manage without him.

Not everybody has forgotten that against Dortmund, against the wishes of the manager, he decided to take a penalty that could have been taken by Gareth Bale, and missed it. The truth is that despite countless rumours, to date there have been no offers received for the man known as "Fideo" (Noodles, because of his very slender frame).

Neither Manchester United, who know that the purchasing of the player would represent an investment of around €120 million, nor Paris St Germain have made an offer. Not yet anyway.

Manchester United have been told that he wants a guaranteed €8 million a year net over five years, and PSG know that, before they can shell out €60 million-plus for the player, they first need to get shot of a few who are, for the time being, staying put, even though they have indicated that they would be prepared to meet his wage demands.

Is there interest? Of course there is. But as someone who knows a lot about these things told me yesterday, “I’m very interested in Adriana Lima, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve called her.” And so we enter the last week of the transfer window.

United find themselves in a very curious situation that could bring about a change to the whole scenario at any moment.They tried to sign five or six players early in the summer before Louis van Gaal called a halt to proceedings because he wanted to get to know his squad better before bringing new players in at Old Trafford. He now knows just how short of quality he is all over the pitch and he still has around €200 million in his treasure chest to strengthen his side.

He has given himself two seasons to build a team that can compete at the highest levels and make its way back to the very top. To that end, the last thing he wants to do is to give the impression that he is desperate to buy just anyone in the transfer market.What is the sense of spending €120 million of that budget on just one player?

According to club sources, Wayne Rooney earns more than the €8 million a year net demanded by Di Maria, and the last thing Van Gaal wants to do is to buy any player that gets anywhere near to that figure. The problem is that any offer received from United will have to be very attractive simply because United are not involved in any European competition this year.

Eventually, Di Maria should leave for at least €40 million even though Real Madrid will want more. No one, however, is prepared to pay more; at least not for the moment. It is going to be an interesting week.

I don't get it.

-

BvuTnV0IQAAea28.jpg

Chelsea giving these away for free to all attendees at their game today. Give them a scarf or something, not a fucking foam finger.

Trying to capture that Gladiators feeling. I can't wait until "Another One Bites the Dust" plays after every goal and John Anderson referees the game.

like half of those were coming from the bench in the last minutes

No they weren't, in the league only 4 of them were under Gaal, while he started 19.... And when he was subbed it was with more than 30 minutes left every time.

http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/11106/?t=577&s=74
http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/11106/?t=641&s=74
http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/11106/?t=555&s=74

Notice how 4/8 of the matches where he was subbed in, was under Andries Jonker.

Bundesfaces...

Arnie

I'm a Ballague-skeptic.

His Pep book is just bastardised gibberish and he's continuously blown hot air when it comes to transfers.

I think United will sign Di Maria, LVG will see him as analogous to Robben at Bayern, a signing that changed things dramatically there.

I don't get it.

-

BvuTnV0IQAAea28.jpg

Chelsea giving these away for free to all attendees at their game today. Give them a scarf or something, not a fucking foam finger.
I'd say it's embarrassing but Chelsea almost revel in how insipid their fanbase are.

Esch

Banned
I don't get it.

There's been rioting, protests, and state violence from police in America right now because a policeman in Ferguson, MO emptied a clip into a young black man and left him in the street to rot. This happened >10 miles away from me.

I have to admit as a minority in America, I can't even fathom what it would be like to not be terrified of the police. Every time I hear about European cops they sound downright friendly and helpful.

Newcastle need to keep that sheet clean pls, i need Krul to deliver fantasy points.

K1LLER7

I'm a Ballague-skeptic.

His Pep book is just bastardised gibberish and he's continuously blown hot air when it comes to transfers.

I think United will sign Di Maria, LVG will see him as analogous to Robben at Bayern, a signing that changed things dramatically there.
I hope you're right Arnie.

Blablurn

Arnie is so humble and reasonable. I'm starting to see why he is considered a good poster.

After my sabbatical I'll be there too.

Hixx

If you're linking my post to anything that's going on in America (linking it to anything other than a silly play on the acronym, in fact) you're looking too hard.

It's terrible what's happening (and you have my sympathies Esch, I can't imagine what that's like; we had a copper come in for a cup of tea a couple of months back) but... yeah. In no way linked.

But you took Thiago :(

Loan us this Rhode guy. The Rhodes Bros (Free&Wilbs) would have a Rhode to support. It all makes sense :p

They should just sign Lloyd, the superior Rhodes. Sadly he's probably not allowed, living in London and all with the premier league rules. Maybe he could come to Chelsea instead, and by Chelsea I mean Vitesse.

Esch

Banned
No hair is worse than Chamakhs. You can smell his desperation and taste his tear from behind the screen, just by looking at his hair.

I see you but Chamakh at least can come off as a bald patch having, discount Cristiano Ronaldo. Cabella overall looks like a Sons of Anarchy extra, or the guy that betrays you to a dystopian future government. I'm sure his spirit animal is a rat.

L1NETT

wahahahaahah Williamson stick to defending m8

What a poor game

Remember when the City of Birmingham had good football teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom