• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I should spent the 4 points and swapped Luis for Azpili. It's going to cost me more over these first two games to have no points at all.

I thought I spent 4 points swapping Nasri out for Siggy but it seems to have kept the points. Safeeeeee.

Giroud out for Bony was my free transfer. Decimate Burnley, Monk

ghst

thanks for the laugh
WEST HAM TEAM NEWS

Team to play Crystal Palace: Adrian, Reid, Cresswell, Tomkins, O’Brein, Kouyate, Zarate, Downing, Noble, Vaz Te, Cole

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Morrison, Sakho, Demel, Diame, Poyet, Valencia

Practically the same as last week, had to correct Sky Sports' misspelling of Sakho, and we only have one Defender on the bench.

Glad to see Zarate starting though, looks like he'll be playing the CAM roll that Nolan usually does, and I see that as a positive.

kouyate is like a beautiful gazelle. solid spine we've got there if achy legs nolan is actually benched and doesn't just have a note from mum.

just hope valencia gets a solid 45. i know cole would do anything for us, but he won't do that

(score goals).

Hixx

Villa have Benteke and Kozak to come back, at least. Newcastle need another striker.

I don't know who Kozak is but isn't Benteke out until Christmas? Lot of games between now and then. On the plus side Villa look a lot more solid overall.

L1NETT

Can't really build to much when you're restricted to loan signings and Joe Cole.

So? Small budgets haven't stopped other managers building big decent sides. And Senderos/Cole/Richardson aren't playing for free, I assume they have had wages to give out.

And no money doesn't stop you from at least playing decent football or stringing 3 passes together.

Stulaw

kouyate is like a beautiful gazelle. solid spine we've got there if achy legs nolan is actually benched and doesn't just have a note from mum.

just hope valencia gets a solid 45. i know cole would do anything for us, but he won't do that

(score goals).

Yeah, and that's why I'm glad to see Zarate there, he's someone that can feed off of Cole and possibly feed Cole actual opportunities, rather than Cole having to face backwards all the time.

Destro apparently! Don't know anything about him cause I'm a premface.

HWN9WEQ.jpg

Vincent Tan's Warriors Against Workplace Banter XI Cardiff City line-up against Wolves:

Marshall, Fabio, Hudson, Morrison, Connolly, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Maynard, Le Fondre.

Subs: Brayford, Dikgacoi, Jones, Macheda, Eikrem, Burgstaller, Moore

Fabio has been great for us so far this season, fair play to the Man Utd reject.

Darren bent looks like his enjoyed the off season

Feels like Bent's "off season" has lasted about 2 and a half years. I've forgotten if he was any good.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't know who Kozak is but isn't Benteke out until Christmas? Lot of games between now and then. On the plus side Villa look a lot more solid overall.

Kozak's the lad they bought last summer, from Lazio. Seem to recall him scoring three or four times.

They do; Hutton's looked really good so far, mystery as to why he was shelved for two seasons. Sanchez was class at the World Cup too, will bring some steel to that midfield and let Westwood venture further forward.

Zabojnik

Destro apparently coming in, Yurt and Zabo stfu, we know he's fat, but he's still better than Torres.

He's alright, did well for Roma last season, even though most of the time all he had to do was just tap the ball in. Could be a solid backup striker for Chelsea, I'm just not sure how quickly (if at all) he'll adapt to the new league / club. Confidence doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

Wilbur

Banned
Vincent Tan's Warriors Against Workplace Banter XI Cardiff City line-up against Wolves:

Marshall, Fabio, Hudson, Morrison, Connolly, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Maynard, Le Fondre.

Subs: Brayford, Dikgacoi, Jones, Macheda, Eikrem, Burgstaller, Moore

Fabio has been great for us so far this season, fair play to the Man Utd reject.

Feels like Bent's "off season" has lasted about 2 and a half years. I've forgotten if he was any good.

Is Daehli injured?

Lol le Fondre and Maynard though. What a strike force

3Sixty

Hants are on starting in 5 mins right?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

That's their only chant

Bit late due to rain.

10mins i think.

There is always some big burley #lad that gets the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

Going.

L1NETT

Bit late due to rain.

10mins i think.

There is always some big burley #lad that gets the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

Going.

Went to finals day last year, sat behind some #lads dressed as cones

When it rained went to the bar to watch United vs Swansea

Great day

sohois

So? Small budgets haven't stopped other managers building big decent sides. And Senderos/Cole/Richardson aren't playing for free, I assume they have had wages to give out.

And no money doesn't stop you from at least playing decent football or stringing 3 passes together.

Managers working for small budgets all tend to produce one kind of side: shite, hoofball sides scraping survival.

Lambert obviously has aspirations to play in a different way but clearly lacks the players to do so.

Not to mention, in the end, Villa's small budget is still microscopic compared to the likes of Stoke or West Ham or Moyes Everton

Is Daehli injured?

Lol le Fondre and Maynard though. What a strike force

Daehli's fit, from what I know. Seems to have lost his place to new signing Pilkington (winger from Norwich) but he has played in every game for us so far, so maybe he's just knackered.

Can't see Le Fondre and Maynard working. Two "poachers" up front gives you f*ck all options. Would rather Kewynne Jones start (never thought I'd type that sentence) or our new shiny Spaniard, Javi Guerra. Macheda sould get his first action this season from the bench though, if it all goes tits up.

3Sixty

Went to finals day last year, sat behind some #lads dressed as cones

When it rained went to the bar to watch United vs Swansea

Great day

Never been T20 finals day.

Went 40 over one in 2012 and it was the greatest end to a cricket match I'd ever seen.
Warwickshire need 1 to win off the final ball. Kabir Ali bowled a dot to win on fewer wickets lost.

Had already drank about 12 pints of Stowford Press so when they paraded to trophy round the ground me and my mate got a picture holding it lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom