• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Daamn, just checked my usual sources..he's really gonna make 12m a year? Will he be the highest paid player at United or are Rooney and RVP above him?

Difference is Di Maria is actually a world class game changer and worth every penny of those 70m. Ozil could've gone for 20m and I would've considered it good business for us.
Under Rooney.

Nobody gets more than Wayne Rooney.

Think he's getting the €8m a year that he wanted at Madrid. Not too sure though.

Arnie

Does it really matter how much Di Maria is on if he's a world class players in his prime? Not like this is a 30 year old Joe Cole or anything. And Rooney had a highest earner clause so they'll be level if Di Maria was to earn more.

Either way it's - on the face of it - a fantastic signing. Unless ADM does an Ozil or a Mata in which case it's a fucking disaster. But I really can't see that happening.

United's spending continues to skyrocket.

Fucking Madrid, they should have never gotten Isco, he should have gone to Dortmund.

Yeah, but then we also could have gotten Eriksoen, but didn't. Klopp currently seems too obsessed with speed and wingers rather than creative OMs. But hey, all of his tactics / ideas worked out rather well in the past so lets wait and see.

Pennywise

Rooney makes more than Cristiano fucking Ronaldo?

WAT

Woorwar pls

18,76m € to be precise.

Fucking hell, that's almost as bad as the 12m € for Götze.

Yeah, but then we also could have gotten Erikson, but didn't. Klopp seems currently too obsessed with speed and wingers rather than creative OMs. But hey, all of his tactics / ideas worked out rather well in the past so lets wait and see.

Dortmund was never really interested in Eriksen, that's what Klopp said.
Isco on the other hand was clearly someone they wanted and his clause wasn't that far off from Miki.

Not suprisingly, he went to Madrid though :<

pulga

Banned
Does it really matter how much Di Maria is on if he's a world class players in his prime? Not like this is a 30 year old Joe Cole or anything. And Rooney had a highest earner clause so they'll be level if Di Maria was to earn more.

Either way it's - on the face of it - a fantastic signing. Unless ADM does an Ozil or a Mata in which case it's a fucking disaster. But I really can't see that happening.

United's spending continues to skyrocket.

Has SupahMario signed on yet?

Clegg

Rooney earns about 200k a week from United. So about 10.5m basic per year. He also has the chance to earn about 60k extra per week from Nike depending on certain targets he meets.

WJD

Rooney earns about 200k a week from United. So about 10.5m basic per year. He also has the chance to earn about 60k extra per week from Nike depending on certain targets he meets.

Thought it was 240k basic? Still, not sure where Pennywise is getting his figures from.

Not that it even fucking matters.

pulga

Banned

You're talking in £ aren't you -_-

Have to wait til Monday to make it official I think. Maybe even Tuesday if the relevant FA guys get Bank Holidays off

I'm sad, I was looking forward to seeing Balo live next month :(

Clegg

Thought it was 240k basic? Still, not sure where Pennywise is getting his figures from.

Not that it even fucking matters.
Thought it was 200k. Could be 240k though. Don't remember the exact figure. Definitely isn't 300k from United or anything like that.

The wage bill at United which can be freed up even more (all figured in pounds):

Marouane Fellaini: 80k
Tom Cleverley: 70k
Anderson: 60k
Ashley Young: 118k
Nani: 90k
Zaha: 35k
Hernandez/Welbeck: 75k

That is: 528k/week

That is enough to buy 3-4 WORLD CLASS players at 175k-130k/week

300k per week is the basic figure on nearly every source I had so far.

Thought it was 200k. Could be 240k though. Don't remember the exact figure. Definitely isn't 300k from United or anything like that.

You're talking in £ aren't you -_-

My understanding is, 250k/week basic + cut of commercial deals, equates to 300k/week

Yes, completely fucking overpaid. Moyes did this.

Jarnet87

Isn't the problem Mata anyway? A 4-4-2 with Rooney as supporting striker could've worked right? If Mata was a bit better at defending you could've played similar to City, having him in the Silva/Nasri side midfielder role.

I would argue Silva/Nasri can do that because of the rest of the midfield. We don't have that good, towering, controlling, tackling cunt midfielder.

4-4-2 doesnt work at United for many a reason. Like Cartoon said City have quality midfielders who can control a game and get up and down the pitch which United's midfielders can't. They also have younger and quicker forwards to help build the play. Rooney doesn't work as a SS/CF anymore he just doesn't have the pace he had 6-7 years ago. Go look at a United game from like 2006 or 2008 and you'll see how much quicker and faster Rooney was back then, he lost more then just a gear. And of course the last part is our wingers are absolute shit. They are not feared by any defenders, they do not take on any defenders, they do not push the tempo at all and just pass sideways and backwards slowing things down.

4-4-2 died when we lost Ronaldo and Tevez.

4-3-1-2. Don't play wingers. Let Rafael and Shaw do the business.

Yes. 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 suits us much better. Lets us drop Young and Valencia while adding numbers to the midfield, and lets us field more of our attacking players.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What players earn is a moot point if the club can afford it and they provide value for their money, which given last season is much harder to justify for most of them. I enjoy a big signing, this is good news, better news is it looks like Gaal is serious about promoting youth so we should still remain at our core a club that plays and promotes their youth players. I would hate it if every window we brought in a 60m player and became something, which I believe, we are not.

18,76m € to be precise.

Fucking hell, that's almost as bad as the 12m € for Götze.

Dortmund was never really interested in Eriksen, that's what Klopp said.
Isco on the other hand was clearly someone they wanted and his clause wasn't that far off from Miki.

Not suprisingly, he went to Madrid though :<

Yeah, I heard that too. I'm just saying that we could've easily gotten quite the same player type as Isco im Eriksen. He even gave interviews where he admired Dortmund and all that.
See, but I don't remember Klopp saying anything about Isco, about missing out on him or whatnot (not that there was a way for us to sign him). I just don't really think we were in the market for such a player type. But then maybe Klopp always had Gündogan in mind to fill in that role if needed and still is holding on to that idea (with Jojic taking that place in the meantime). I dunno..

Vhagar

Neo Member
The wage bill at United which can be freed up even more (all figured in pounds):

Will never be able to comprehend this. At no point in his career was Young good enough to demand 118k. His agent must have had something on Sir Alex.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He seriously pulled a yellow first, I dont think that is a red

Pennywise

Yeah, I heard that too. I'm just saying that we could've easily gotten quite the same player type as Isco im Eriksen. He even gave interviews where he admired Dortmund and all that.
See, but I don't remember Klopp saying anything about Isco, about missing out on him or whatnot (not that there was a way for us to sign him). I just don't really think we were in the market for such a player type. But then maybe Klopp always had Gündogan in mind to fill in that role if needed and still is holding on to that idea (with Jojic taking that place in the meantime). I dunno..
I'm too lazy right now, but as far as I know they tried to get him.
It was pretty clear he wanted to Madrid.
His clause was just 30m which would have been okay, since he's a pretty versatile player.
The chance was never that high, but they tried it.

I'm betting my ass you spenks are getting confused with the currencies aren't you

Pls.
I'm not used to that weird weekly wage system, but I looked on several sites.
And as Cartoon and Clegg pointed out, it's most likely 240-250k £ basic salary plus these commercial cuts.
It adds up to 300k £ which is roughly the yearly wage I was talking about.

Manager

To "free them up" you need to find someone stupid enough to take over the wages, otherwise you'll be paying their wages in their new club. City just stopped paying Adebayor this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom