• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
It's weird how we've come full circle.

I remember the heady days of 2002, sitting in German next to Arse-GAF foetuses arguing about how Wiltord for £12m was crazy so stfu about Ruud for £19m.

And it's come back around.

What a time to be alive. Again.

:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If people invest emotions when their team lose or win, why isn't it that weird that people invest emotions in the club's investments?

A lot of Leeds fans were outraged when Bates kept putting "their" money on restaurants and hotels, shows that it's just not all about transfers alone. It's the same with signing shitty players for high fees.

Manager do I really give off 'serious poster' vibes? :lol

Manager

Manager do I really give off 'serious poster' vibes? :lol

I'm notoriously really shit at reading people, I always have a hard time understanding "banter" on Football-GAF mumble.
xPSlPCU.png

Clegg

Ian Ladyman @Ian_Ladyman_DM · 3m
In order for Real to receive all that extra 10m, Di Maria would probably have to win 100 metre gold at the next Olympics. #mufc

Errr..
Probably some mad clauses attached to it. Win the CL in 4 years or some unrealistic nonsense.

What is that even supposed to mean? He has to score 20 in his first season or something?
Probably means that to make the fee look better for Madrid they've put in clauses which will probably never be met.

Madrid can say, we sold him for £70m, but they'll only ever get £60m of it. Something like that.

Fady K

I think you forgot how good he was at Liverpool.

He was incredible, but his abilities went down dramatically in his final half season at LFC.

Overpaid for sure but he fills a need and United was not in a position to bargain. I wish we had used the money last year to sign Strootman or Vidal instead of Mata/Fellaini but whatever.

Hmm..at least he is a definite upgrade for that money. We broke the record for a player who caused us to miss the mark far too often.

Haha, enjoy!

Fady, pls. Liverpool Torres was worth it.

Maybe if we got him a year before we did :( Can't believe it took him nearly 4 months to score his one and only goal that season >_>

Sean Dyche

nah

Even considering his injuries and somewhat indifferent form in the first half of 10/11, he was worth at least £35m.

Even if he was worth that price initially, his actual performances didn't merit even half that unfortunately, and I say that as a fan who had a lot to admire about Torres over the last 3+ seasons.

Hixx

People squabbling over a few million euros so the fee is slightly less ridiculous. WHO THE FUCK CARES YOU CUNTS

"It's a ridiculous price" - everyone
"NO ITS NOT, LOOK THIS GUY SAYS ITS ACTUALLY £63.7m NOT £64m!" - United fans

OVER AND OVER AGAIN

For. Fucks. Sake.

If we don't win I'm going to commit seppuku with Jozy Altidore's cock as the sword.

Scum

QPR midfield 3 is not too bad
Bungie, pls. For our sake I hope they don't see your post. ¬_¬

Maybe if we got him a year before we did :( Can't believe it took him nearly 4 months to score his one and only goal that season >_>

He should have gone back to Atl. Madrid for a season long loan after his first year for a confidence booster. now he's just a dead man walking.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People squabbling over a few million euros so the fee is slightly less ridiculous. WHO THE FUCK CARES YOU CUNTS

"It's a ridiculous price" - everyone
"NO ITS NOT, LOOK THIS GUY SAYS ITS ACTUALLY £63.7m NOT £64m!" - United fans

OVER AND OVER AGAIN

For. Fucks. Sake.

If we don't win I'm going to commit seppuku with Jozy Altidore's cock as the sword.
Id say you were favourites tbh, id take a draw :3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Warning to Junited GAF

Di Maria is wildy inconsistent, he's either your absolute best player on the pitch or the absolute fucking worst, there's no middle ground :lol

So you've basically replaced a broken Nani with a Nani 2.0, which is gud innit!

Vitesse are awful. They had so much of the ball for 60 minutes and do fucking nothing with it other than one deflected goal early on and the other team get one free kick and score. Vitesse now can't hold on to the ball PEC look like they will win. Terrible.

Manager

Di Maria will turn 28 the season United earliest can play CL again, they won't get that many years of CL football out of that buy.

Warning to Junited GAF

Di Maria is wildy inconsistent, he's either your absolute best player on the pitch or the absolute fucking worst, there's no middle ground :lol

10+ goals, 25+ assists in the season is not inconsistent

Warning to Junited GAF

A tomato is more consistent than Nani.

Vitesse are awful. They had so much of the ball for 60 minutes and do fucking nothing with it other than one deflected goal early on and the other team get one free kick and score. Vitesse now can't hold on to the ball PEC look like they will win. Terrible.
To be fair, PEC is a fairly strong team, it wouldn't be a huge upset if Vitesse lost.

Then again, PEC played last Thursday too and should be more tired, and Vitesse is just garbage tier.

Fady K

He should have gone back to Atl. Madrid for a season long loan after his first year for a confidence booster. now he's just a dead man walking.

Good point.

And good luck in the game!

Warning to Junited GAF

I was under the impression that he kicked us 24/7. I don't think I ever saw Di Maria suck :p

Warning to Junited GAF

As long as it's the 2010-2012 Nani I would be fine with that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Boyan? I thought it was pronounced Bow Jan

The more you learn

WJD

It's a lot of money but still less than Adidas will be paying us every year. He's going to rip people apart and I'm so so excited.

Mr Cola

Never forget

"I put my arm up to try and protect possession of the ball, and Zabaleta bounced [his jaw] against it. He was unlucky to make contact. I certainly didn’t do it on purpose"

ibqhlVrmC1PetP.gif

Wj5WlpD.png

I havent seen any United fans defend him or Young for his diving, he is an absolute douche who obviously leaves his arm in and Young is a petulant diver. Every team has these players, you have Aguero for example.

son of a bitch

@ManUtd 32s
Boss on 3-5-2: "It fits in more players. When I play 4-3-3, I must choose between Rooney & van Persie, for example."

Manager

I havent seen any United fans defend him or Young for his diving, he is an absolute douche who obviously leaves his arm in and Young is a petulant diver. Every team has these players, you have Aguero for example.

Please! He's done like two, maybe three, different things, Luiz and the World Cup thing.

To be fair, PEC is a fairly strong team, it wouldn't be a huge upset if Vitesse lost.

Then again, PEC played last Thursday too and should be more tired, and Vitesse is just garbage tier.

I only was watching for Traore and then he got injured! I'm going to fly back out to Holland in January to see Vitesse for sure. I missed out on them last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom