• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Do you really think you need to buy again if Poldi goes? Why not just play Gnabry more?

I don't really like any of our options for the left.

Gnarby's best position is the right.

I really hope Wenger doesn't insist on playing this 433 with ozil left and jack and Ramsey in the mid.

Kassu

Banned
HJK let my acca down.

Had Honka as well, dunno if they clung on.
Honka is the worst team in Veikkausliiga atm and they're probably going to get relegated. They also have some financial problems as well.

HJK only seem to care about Europa League right now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_natchnKqA91s8z5rho2_250.gif

Ugh, so I'm playing Grounded mode on TLOU: Left Behind. It's fucking tough. I'm at the end fighting these soldiers (clickers haven't come in the room yet) and I can pretty much get past that first wave fine, but the second wave, jesus.

pls help me

Okay, so he just name dropped Messi and Vidal again. I see. The tone in the quote is just so different than what aired on TV. He's obviously prepared a cheeky reply for the ADM questions.

He didn't seem too thrilled with the Di Maria question on Sky. Gave a long very patronising response on how signings are announced.

Cyport

Stolen off reddit.

I'd happily let my daughter date Tom Cleverly,
because there's absolutely no danger of penetration.

@PhilHayYEP · 8m

Cellino says he had decided to sack Hockaday yesterday and was ready to do so until he spoke to Hockaday about half an hour ago.

Cellino: "Yes, I decided to sack him. I said 'he's finished.' But I learned a long time ago to wait on a decision for 24 hours."

"If I fire the coach I should fire myself because I haven't signed enough good players. How can that be his fault."

"We lost yesterday because of one shit mistake from Bellusci. I see that now. I didn't see it that way yesterday."

"If Bellusci didn't f*** up and we win the game, would I be firing the coach? No."

Cellino says he'll wait until the squad is finished before judging Hockaday. "Maybe he's not a good coach but I can't say yet."

Manager

@PhilHayYEP · 8m

Cellino says he had decided to sack Hockaday yesterday and was ready to do so until he spoke to Hockaday about half an hour ago.

Cellino: "Yes, I decided to sack him. I said 'he's finished.' But I learned a long time ago to wait on a decision for 24 hours."

"If I fire the coach I should fire myself because I haven't signed enough good players. How can that be his fault."

"We lost yesterday because of one shit mistake from Bellusci. I see that now. I didn't see it that way yesterday."

"If Bellusci didn't f*** up and we win the game, would I be firing the coach? No."

Cellino says he'll wait until the squad is finished before judging Hockaday. "Maybe he's not a good coach but I can't say yet."

He signed Bellusci 24 hours earlier lol. First went there on loan, then he decided a few later he suddenly wanted to buy him and did so. Some hours later and he gets a red card.

@PhilHayYEP · 8m

So transparent.

L1NETT

L1nett pls

Why are you always so angry

Maybe one day Bradford will be linked with someone

Because we are skint bruv

Need that Tom Cleverley CASH

But Van Gormless wants to flog Danny Welbeck instead

top muggins

Plus we lost yesterday and big Andrew Davies broke his arm. I have a right to be grumpy.

wait ahahhaha Leeds always cheer me up. THe Cellino circus roll up roll up

Because we are skint bruv

Need that Tom Cleverley CASH

But Van Gormless wants to flog Danny Welbeck instead

top muggins

Plus we lost yesterday and big Andrew Davies broke his arm. I have a right to be grumpy.
Tom only has a year left on his contract. He's also shit, so I wouldn't be hoping for a big payout.

So even with the easiest first five games Utd may struggle. They are already 5 points off the pace. I reckon they'll continue to lose a lot of points to the top 4. Just aren't strong enough in quality or depth.

Well, most important week for United begins.

Originally, I thought we had a 3 year project on our hands.

Now it looks like 5 years before we will be in a position to challenge for the title.

Pretty awful how this summer has been. The clearout hasn't happened and neither has the proper spending.

FYI, latest rumor is Benatia offered to United for 40m euros.

Very poor from us.

Awful match and we did nothing to make it any better. Obvious problems in terms of depth in midfield. If Herrera and Carrick play I can imagine we would look a bit sharper and move it quicker but they're out and everything else is very poor.

Blackett has done alright in these two games. I don't know enough about 352 but I imagine the wing back players are quite important and Valencia and Young are just not very good at it.

Ugh, so I'm playing Grounded mode on TLOU: Left Behind. It's fucking tough. I'm at the end fighting these soldiers (clickers haven't come in the room yet) and I can pretty much get past that first wave fine, but the second wave, jesus.

pls help me

I had to lower it to Survivor since I was stuck there more than a day lol. Got through it first time on Survivor. Ridiculous.

Very poor from us.

Awful match and we did nothing to make it any better. Obvious problems in terms of depth in midfield. If Herrera and Carrick play I can imagine we would look a bit sharper and move it quicker but they're out and everything else is very poor.

Blackett has done alright in these two games. I don't know enough about 352 but I imagine the wing back players are quite important and Valencia and Young are just not very good at it.

Sorely missing Carrick, Herrera, Rafael and Shaw.

Plasma

Banned
We better be replacing Podolski, say what you will about his consistency but he is a brilliant finisher that we could use coming on from the bench when we need a goal.

We need depth in the squad if we sell Podolski we're just going back to replacing players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes Viva, the wing-backs are THE MOST IMPORTANT position in a 3-5-2

It's probably even more important in your case considering you're actually playing a 3-4-1-2 with Mata :lol

@cartoon_soldier Benatia is going to Bayern

Sorely missing Carrick, Herrera, Rafael and Shaw.
Yeah. I think the wing backs would make a difference, those two are far more direct than the ones we have.

It's not just personnel though. The players definitely look unsure about where they should be positioning themselves and there aren't enough combinations developing etc.

As ever midfield is the crux of it though. The two today may aswell not have been there. Anyone else in the squad could have done a better job. In any good team you need a midfield that directs things and ours is just an obstacle really, with those two players at least.

We need to win the next 3 regardless. Teething problems are fine but you have to get results.

Really didnt like the lack of pressing late on either. That was not good

Lightning

Banned
We don't need the money so don't really understand why we are going to sell unless Wenger plans on bringing someone else in, or Poldi was just never going to play.
Bit late in the window and no rumours of anyone lined up. Weakening the squad by removing a player who guarantees goals when he plays is not a good idea imo.

L1NETT

He ain't worth that much IMO.

Market has inflated more than a hippo on helium and United have so much cash 10/20 million here or there makes no difference as they are in desperate need of class talent

It really isn't a "crazy" transfer. By any stretch

GQman2121

Banned

pls help me

Yes, that end battle on Grounded is the hardest challenge in the entire game. It took me three hours to complete over the course of two sittings.

Depending on your available weapons (I think I had two arrows and three rounds at that point), you're basically picking the guys off one by one while making it known that you're in the area so that the two guys stop unlocking the door and stay on alert.

Bricks and bottles and running away when there's more than one enemy near you is the key. Retreating back down near the toy store helps too. There are three or four bricks down there and the enemies will wander in that direction if they spot you. It can make taking them out easier.

The whole thing can be maddening, I know. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom