• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

Messi is playing better than nearly in any match of last season. Godlike dribbling, godlike passing, godlike goalscoring and he even run and defend. He's Back.

FootballFan

Messi always with that lethal conversion rate. Never goes for the unnecessary top right/left power shot. Just slot it into bottom right/left.

Some people call it tap ins, I call it genius.

Carbonox

what the fuck

Fucking hell, Carbo. D:
Are you okay??

wut

are you alright m8

Also, If you don't mind one asking how did you fall into a road?

I had consumed many an alcoholic beverage but my mate was holding on to me, fell over and pulled me with her in to the road. She got up and got back on to the pavement but as I was getting up a car still attempted to reverse in to park and clattered me on the head. Fortunately the driver stopped once people started screaming and I got up and got a taxi home.

pulga

Banned
God I've put about 80 hours into Bravely Default thanks to my daily 2 hour commutes AND IT WONT FUCKING END.

Why didn't anyone warn me it became so SHIT during the second half of the game?
LLShC.gif

wedward

Messi's passing is underrated. One of the best. If he played the #10 role he would lead the leage in assists. His trough balls are insane. Much better passer than Ronaldo.

Scum

I had consumed many an alcoholic beverage but my mate was holding on to me, fell over and pulled me with her in to the road. She got up and got back on to the pavement but as I was getting up a car still attempted to reverse in to park and clattered me on the head. Fortunately the driver stopped once people started screaming and I got up and got a taxi home.

Dear God, Carbo. D:

God I've put about 80 hours into Bravely Default thanks to my daily 2 hour commutes AND IT WONT FUCKING END.

LLShC.gif

You had to find that out for yourself. Huehuehue.

RiggyRob

LLShC.gif

The shit second half comes up almost every time a new thread is made that at least mentions Bravely Default. Which chapter are you up to?

Another loan. Sigh.

It's something I guess.

Not feeling too bad about today's result actually. Maybe cos of ADM7 is a red. Think it can turn around quickly for us. We need to win the next three though. How do you feel Horse. Talk to me. I am lonely.

Idk man, it's hard to say because we're playing with our C team except for the front 3. So many injuries and they're still learning the system too.

Hoping we make big moves in the market in the next 7 days. If so I'll be feeling much better about things. CM continues to be my biggest worry. Can't defend or attack competently. It's scary.

Messi is playing better than nearly in any match of last season. Godlike dribbling, godlike passing, godlike goalscoring and he even run and defend. He's Back.

Yep

Looks fully fit for the first time since last October or so, even at the World Cup when he was dragging Argentina through the grouo stage he didn't seem to be at 100%

Joy to watch

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just watching the Spurs match, we played some amazing football today. That was the best we've produced since 11/12. Of course it was against a shockingly bad team but you can only play what's in front of you. Lamela was electric.

moai

La liga is so boring. elche players are so limited, i cant believe this is a first division squad. One man up and cant cross the midfield.

pulga

Banned
You had to find that out for yourself. Huehuehue.

Gaf did :lol

The shit second half comes up almost every time a new thread is made that at least mentions Bravely Default. Which chapter are you up to?

I've never gone into anything but the first page of the OT, ugh. I'm in chapter 8, and I already caved and googled HOW MUCH LONGER BECAUSE THIS IS THE 6TH TIME IM FIGHTING THE SAME DAMN BOSSES. The game even reminds you of this fact, the balls on the developers are amazing. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Nicktendo86

Idk man, it's hard to say because we're playing with our C team except for the front 3. So many injuries and they're still learning the system too.

Hoping we make big moves in the market in the next 7 days. If so I'll be feeling much better about things. CM continues to be my biggest worry. Can't defend or attack competently. It's scary.
I'm still relaxed, I expected things to be this bad, it was just pre season got my hopes up a bit. Top 4 will be really, really hard but not impossible. Unless we don't sign a cm.

Scum

Just watching the Spurs match, we played some amazing football today. That was the best we've produced since 11/12. Of course it was against a shockingly bad team but you can only play what's in front of you. Lamela was electric.

Your boy Chadli even turned up today. Based MoPo.

Scum

I've never gone into anything but the first page of the OT, ugh. I'm in chapter 8, and I already caved and googled HOW MUCH LONGER BECAUSE THIS IS THE 6TH TIME IM FIGHTING THE SAME DAMN BOSSES. The game even reminds you of this fact, the balls on the developers are amazing. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Square Enix thought it was a good idea.

RiggyRob

Shinji likes grinding.

You're almost at the end, but remember there are two endings.

confuziz

Banned

Say hello to dmc4

Showaddy

That 48 pass goal was ridiculous, helped somewhat by Ranger's inept closing down but still pretty ridiculous. Sherwood needs to be forced to watch a highlight real of Capoue's performance 100 times so he can finally grasp that a defensive mid helps to free up your attacking players.

Edit: And Dawson sold on the same day. Woop.

Wooden only makes GIFs of when our players dive/overreact.

Sunhi isn't here.

There's your answer m8

Fuck off, I only bother watching the big matches with Barca, I'm not watching you against some fucking Danish league quality team. and 95% of El Clasicos is you diving and acting, so you could say I just gif the match.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chadli is a decent player

With the exception of Paulinho I think all our guys are more than decent. They just needed to be coached properly, they were lacking aggression and organisation last season, they were used all wrong. Guys like Chadli simply didn't hurt defenses but today he was picking up some brilliant positions and not just playing rigidly on the outside.

I think MoPo's fluid front 4 will really suit us.

scently

I think we are 2 good signing (excepting ADM) from having avery good XI. An experienced defender (Benatia for example) and a top quality midfielder. Get these two, in addition with what we have, and that's a decent XI capable of making the top 4. But the issue arises when we have injuries, especially in places like the midfield in which we have no depth (or rather the 'depth' is so shit). And if we are going to continue in this 352 then we also need wingback depth too, no not Young or Valencia, they are shit. Attack wise, we are covered, especially with the addition of ADM who will provide genuine pace, skill and a different kind of quality that we haven't had since CR7 left.

RiggyRob

Spoil me a bit, does the ending come from choices made throughout the game or one, last final choice?

One ending comes from a specific choice, where Yulyana tells you to 'have the courage to disobey'. What he means is
break one of the crystals by not listening to Airy when she says 'stop'

The other ending just occurs by playing the game naturally.

Has this already been discussed in this thread?
Saw this on Twitter, and felt it was worth discussing:
Ebosse, who was 24, was declared dead after being taken to hospital in Tizi Ouzou, east of the capital Algiers.
The JS Kabylie striker, who had scored in a 2-1 home defeat by USM Alger, was hit when fans started throwing objects from the stands as the teams returned to their changing rooms after the game.
The Algerian interior ministry has ordered an investigation.
It has not been confirmed what hit Ebosse, but one Algerian paper said that home fans, angry at their team's defeat, were throwing rocks.
This is ridiculous. It was just a small game, and the fans of the host country felt they should hurt players from the visiting team with rocks.
To add to what Aegus said in the thread dedicated to this incident, it was a home league game. JS Kabylie's (the team Ebosse played for) own fans where the ones that appear to have killed him in frustration over the 1-2 defeat in which Ebosse scored the home team's lone goal.

If it turns out it was their own fans that were throwing objects that killed Ebosse, I'd hope the ramifications are severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom