• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Paulinho I think all our guys are more than decent. They just needed to be coached properly, they were lacking aggression and organisation last season, they were used all wrong. Guys like Chadli simply didn't hurt defenses but today he was picking up some brilliant positions and not just playing rigidly on the outside.

I think MoPo's fluid front 4 will really suit us.

I still think Paulinho is good. Also, most of the good things he did last season came when we we're bursting forward. He should have more of those opportunities with how we're looking to play.

With the exception of Paulinho I think all our guys are more than decent. They just needed to be coached properly, they were lacking aggression and organisation last season, they were used all wrong. Guys like Chadli simply didn't hurt defenses but today he was picking up some brilliant positions and not just playing rigidly on the outside.

I think MoPo's fluid front 4 will really suit us.

Fluid front 4 is what really will help us this season.

I used to like Lennon but he shouldnt be anywhere near the first team this season.

Be interesting to see who we shift this week, interesting that Paulinho and Townsend werent on bench. Cant see anyone want Paulinho though...

Showaddy

I still think Paulinho is good. Also, most of the good things he did last season came when we we're bursting forward. He should have more of those opportunities with how we're looking to play.

He was really poor against that Cypriot team on Thursday though. As much as I hope he'll regain his Confederation's Cup form I'm not holding my breath.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

The trouble with him is that his best asset is his goalscoring, but to get those tap-ins he completely vacates his position in midfield.

If he's going to play then it can't be as one of the two deeper midfielders, he doesn't have any grit and he doesn't have the passing or dribbling of Bentaleb/Dembele. When we bought him he was compared to Lampard but he is nothing like him, Lampard was a class act in central midfield, he did the legwork and the goals were secondary. Paulinho just jogs around, even his goals are rudimentary finishes, all in the 6 yard box.

L1NETT

Paulinho wasn't even in the squad today was he?

Dawson wasn't either and he looks to be packing his stuff and heading up north

Might be putting 2 + 2 together. Probably injured and I look a right daft cunt

No, neither was Townsend.

But then we do have a ridiculously big squad but I am sure we are open to offers on these players.

Holy shit that Utopia season 1 finale. What a TV show!

image.php

Now watch season 2.

The trouble with him is that his best asset is his goalscoring, but to get those tap-ins he completely vacates his position in midfield.

If he's going to play then it can't be as one of the two deeper midfielders, he doesn't have any grit and he doesn't have the passing or dribbling of Bentaleb/Dembele. When we bought him he was compared to Lampard but he is nothing like him, Lampard was a class act in central midfield, he did the legwork and the goals were secondary. Paulinho just jogs around, even his goals are rudimentary finishes, all in the 6 yard box.

He should be able to play as one of the two as long as he has a defensive midfielder next to him. That was an issue last season

Ushojax

He's not injured but he played like a tranquilized Jenas on Thursday and didn't deserve to be in the 18 for today's game.

He should be able to play as one of the two as long as he has a defensive midfielder next to him. That was an issue last season

He did play OK in the very few games where Capoue was next to him. I'll give him a chance, I'm just glad MoPo prefers Bentaleb.

L1NETT

He's not injured but he played like a tranquilized Jenas on Thursday and didn't deserve to be in the 18 for today's game.

phahahah

Don't rate him myself. Capoue was surprisingly good today, although QPR were terribad. Lamela also won't have that much space against better teams. Promising stuff though Usho.

L1NETT

Also reading through that TV thread you folks need to watch Happy Valley

Not even my Yorkshire bias, it's fucking brilliant

And watch The Fall series 1 in prep for second series this year.

Walshy

Wenger on Balotelli: "I believe we have Sanogo who'll be important. You don’t bring in people just to have them, it doesn’t make sense."

Does this mean Arsenal aren't buying a forward?

Wes

venison crêpe
Also reading through that TV thread you folks need to watch Happy Valley

Not even my Yorkshire bias, it's fucking brilliant

And watch The Fall series 1 in prep for second series this year.

I can confirm this statement. Best show I've watched all year.

wedward

Wenger on Balotelli: "I believe we have Sanogo who'll be important. You don’t bring in people just to have them, it doesn’t make sense."

Does this mean Arsenal aren't buying a forward?

I imagine it means we won't be bringing one in unless they are top class.

What is the source of this quote?

So no, we aren't buying a cf.

Suen

La liga is so boring. elche players are so limited, i cant believe this is a first division squad. One man up and cant cross the midfield.
You're complaining about a team that got back to the top flight after 24 years last season against one of the best teams in Europe. Barca would make most smaller teams in any other league look just as fucking weak. It's like complaining about why Bayern would rape Fulham if they were in the same league; it's stupid if anything.

The problem with La Liga isn't that the bottom teams are weak, but that Madrid and Barca are too fucking good and for lots of unfair reasons

Ushojax

So SSN breaking just said Southampton bid £12m for Townsend but we are saying he isnt for sale...

I wouldn't sell him, he is still very raw but he can be molded into a good player. One of our only explosive players.

Jarnet87

I'm good with any signings that keep fletcher and cleverly away from the 16 man squad. I don't even want them on the bench. De Jong? Fantastic. McCarthy? Yes please. Cattermole? Sure. Joey Barton? Yep better then Cleverly. I literally mean any player who is in the top division of their domestic leagues, don't even care what team.

I'd undoubtedly keep Townsend over Lennon.

Yeah but the problem is Lennon has been at the club for something like 8-9 years and the people that matter love him. Also he works really hard on pitch, follows instructions, isn't on a big contract and he's brilliant for a couple of months every season before getting injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom