• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bv1S_0gIYAEr-jN.jpg

Bv1VDOtIcAACYXx.jpg

RIP

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho still confident Spurs will sign Schneiderlin?

Saints have been a lot more insistent than I thought they would be but it depends how badly we want him. We might try to use Townsend to get him but that would be stupid on their part, they wouldn't be able to get a quality replacement in CM.

Yeah but the problem is Lennon has been at the club for something like 8-9 years and the people that matter love him. Also he works really hard on pitch, follows instructions, isn't on a big contract and he's brilliant for a couple of months every season before getting injured.

I wouldn't sell either of them, I'm happy with our attacking midfielders. All we need is Dawson replacement (Fazio), and if possible an upgrade on Soldado/Paulinho. If we can't get the latter then it's no big deal, I think Ryan Mason can be useful if he stays. Kane is already playing well too.

3Sixty

Saints have been a lot more insistent than I thought they would be but it depends how badly we want him. We might try to use Townsend to get him but that would be stupid on their part, they wouldn't be able to get a quality replacement in CM.

We'd be alright at CM to be honest.

We need a winger. Don't want fucking Townsend though.

Clegg

Ogden reckons we're going for Blind and Vidal, but likely we'll get De Jong instead of Vidal as Juve are unlikely to sell.
I'd take that in a heartbeat.

If we get those two on top of Di Maria then I'd say we've had a decent window in terms of incoming players. Absolutely failed in bringing them in early and bedding them into the squad, but that can't be helped now.

LegoArmo

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

If we get those two on top of Di Maria then I'd say we've had a decent window in terms of incoming players. Absolutely failed in bringing them in early and bedding them into the squad, but that can't be helped now.

Now just to sell the entire midfield 4 who played today.

De Jong would be a good signing for Utd as would Blind, both know Van Gaal well and are used to his ways.

Wouldn't mind either of them for Arsenal too, pls Arsene buy a DM.

I don't see the point in signing both Blind and De Jong. We don't really need Blind for the LB cover so much so essentially we'd just be signing two DM's. Though I suppose he can play CB also.

I'd rather sign a proper defender and then one of Blind/De Jong - latter of whom I'm still not sure Milan would sell at this stage.

I don't see the point in signing both Blind and De Jong. We don't really need Blind for the LB cover so much so essentially we'd just be signing two DM's. Though I suppose he can play CB also.

I'd rather sign a proper defender and then one of Blind/De Jong - latter of whom I'm still not sure Milan would sell at this stage.

Agreed, feel like Rojo has obviated the need for Blind. Would rather Vidal/De Jong + Benatia.

Scum

You can have De Jong and scupper Dawson's move to Hull.

Agreed, feel like Rojo has obviated the need for Blind. Would rather Vidal/De Jong + Benatia.

Have you ever seen Benatia play? I'm not calling you out - just I haven't, not that I remember. How good is he. I'd be thrilled if we got him but I'm not sure why.

Either way I think Bayern will wrap that up and pay up before the window SLAMS SHUT.

De Jong has only one year left on his contract I think, so we may very well not have an option really.

Christ. I'm so sorry - but I think we might have to take him.

WJD

Haven't really been keeping up but isn't Benatia to Bayern a certainty at this point?

Think Vidal is a non-starter at this stage but would happily take De Jong and/or Blind.

Midfield 4 of Carrick/some other DM, Di Maria, Herrera and Mata in a diamond sounds good on paper. It's been done before with success by Chelsea and if LVG is insisting on keeping Mata, Rooney and RVP on the pitch together in their best positions I don't see too many alternatives.

Have you ever seen Benatia play? I'm not calling you out - just I haven't, not that I remember. How good is he. I'd be thrilled if we got him but I'm not sure why.

Either way I think Bayern will wrap that up and pay up before the window SLAMS SHUT.

Christ. I'm so sorry - but I think we might have to take him.

Yeah De Jong signed for 3 years back in 2012.

He has it all. Pace, power, composure, technique, discipline, jumping ability. Everything you'd want in a CB. Definitely the best CB in Italy right now.

Who is going to buy Kagawa this week? After what Van Gaal said today it seems clear he will not be getting much gametime. Fair to assume Mata, Januzaj and now Di Maria will be ahead of him in AM roles too.

I feel so guilty about it all. His damn dad did this.

wedward

Who is going to buy Kagawa this week? After what Van Gaal said today it seems clear he will not be getting much gametime. Fair to assume Mata, Januzaj and now Di Maria will be ahead of him in AM roles too.

Everton should.

Personally, I find all this talk about the United formation and where to fit the Angel of Mary to be completely irrelevant.

United look terrible. Di Maria is instantly the best player on the squad. You build the team and formation around him and Mata. Focus on their strengths. Rooney can still wear the captain's armband and run around doing his best Shrek impression up front, while the real players do their thing.

K1LLER7

35m+ Kagawa > Vidal

L1NETT

I'm so damn English, 3-5-2 is so odd to me

Does Di Maria replace Mata? Young? Where does this leave Adnan, clearly not a centre mid..probably best on the right so rwb I guess? That seems a waste.

My small english brain don't like it

Need my back four. Feel uncomfortable with out it.

Scum

I want him to try a 433/442 (Diamond)

------ RVP --- Rooney -----

----------- Mata ----------

---- Di Maria ---- Herrera ----

--------- De Jong -------

- Rojo - Evans - Jones - Rafael

Killer, pls.

--------------- RVP/Rooney --------------
Di Maria --- Mata/Kagawa ---- Adnan
------ Herrera ------- De Jong --------
Shaw ----- Rojo -- Jones ----- Rafael

Swap Shaw with Rojo. Put Evans/New CB in.
Terminate Young's contract. Sell Cleverley.
Bring Strootman or Pjanic in.

Hixx

Quite like Neil Lennon as a pundit. Doesn't rely on cliches and is fair. Isn't clearly more interested in the top teams either.

Clegg

Interesting how different journalists interpret their information. Ogden and Ladyman think United will get Di Maria for around £60m with the £75m price tag something Madrid are using as a showpiece. Other outlets seem adamant that £75m is the price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom