• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 1m
#LFC v #MCFC: Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel, Moreno, Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Allen, Sterling, Sturridge

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 2m
#MCFC team v #LFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Clichy, Fernando, Nasri, Toure, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko

not confirmed though

Expected lineup from us if true. Allen earned a start though I think Can's physicality could have been more helpful

edit: Oh shit, Johnson

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Feorax

I expect we're going with the diamond again, Sterling partnering Sturridge upfront.

Johnson is no massive surprise. As good as Manquillo has been, having 3 new signings in the back line, especially 2 young fullbacks, could go terribly wrong.

LTWheels

I expect we're going with the diamond again, Sterling partnering Sturridge upfront.

I'm worried about us playing a diamond against City. City are very good out wide and I felt that at the game at Anfield, in the second half they abused our narrowness. Allen and Henderson were having to a lot of running left and right to cover.

sohois

To be serious though, City's team is weaker than I would have thought. I think if Johnson is against Nasri he should have fewer troubles.

Also, Lucas doesn't even make the bench this week.

rossonero

Milan Channel is reporting that we'll try to get both Torres and Van Ginkel on a loan from Chelsea. From Jackson Martinez to Torres, we sure like upgrades.

This would be a really great news. Won't believe it until mid-September at least, just to be safe.

Both Mourinho and Torres has said that Torres is staying so I'll trust those two before Milan Channel which has been plenty wrong in the past. Hopefully it's a tactics. No thanks to Borini too, rather then have Pazzini and Niang ffs.

Di Marzio saying too that De Jong is staying, so I'm hopeful there.

Manager

Confirmation:
Liverpool FC @LFC · 48s
Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge
Subs: Jones, Manquillo, Sakho, Toure, Can, Markovic, Lambert

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the IDEA of Allen is still alive?

i love you

ibtwkkVUyo4Ic9.gif

Manager

Confirmation:
Manchester City FC @MCFC · 31s
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko #mcfc
Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Navas, Aguero #mcfc

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Both Mourinho and Torres has said that Torres is staying so I'll trust those two before Milan Channel which has been plenty wrong in the past. Hopefully it's a tactics. No thanks to Borini too, rather then have Pazzini and Niang ffs.

Di Marzio saying too that De Jong is staying, so I'm hopeful there.

Milan Channel is reporting that we'll try to get both Torres and Van Ginkel on a loan from Chelsea. From Jackson Martinez to Torres, we sure like upgrades.

This would be a really great news. Won't believe it until mid-September at least, just to be safe.
it all depends on Galliani's percentage. If it's below 100% then he's definitely leaving :lol

I just instantly typed 'definitely' without a typo I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF RIGHT NOW edit: fuck I misspelled 'myself', well that was fast

Manager

To be serious though, City's team is weaker than I would have thought. I think if Johnson is against Nasri he should have fewer troubles.

Also, Lucas doesn't even make the bench this week.

The only man missing at City is Aguero, compared to last season. Fernando will be better against tougher opposition compared to Fernandinho defensively. Missing Mangala will hopefully be a better option than Demichelis later on.

Nasri has been fantastic in the last year, still underrated. Not started in full swing this season yet.

sohois

Lucas is the one I'm looking at. Starts one week, doesn't make the bench the next.

People will draw a lot from it but it could easily be a case of him simply being dropped after a poor performance. Liverpool are no longer in the situation of players always making the bench because of the small squad.

Manager said:
The only man missing at City is Aguero, compared to last season. Fernando will be better against tougher opposition compared to Fernandinho defensively. Missing Mangala will hopefully be a better option than Demichelis later on.

Nasri has been fantastic in the last year, still underrated. Not started in full swing this season yet.

No Navas either, who is better than Nasri and was great in the preseason match. Fernandinho is the best midfielder in the PL so of course he's a big miss.

3Sixty

Just back from the bookies after picking up my Hunter Mahan winnings.

Gone for 3-1 Liverpool tonight with either Sterling or Toure to score first. Got a fridge full of Diet Coke and Tunnock Caramel's and ready to rock

Hindle

Banned
Can't see this game having much of an impact on the season, other then a blow to one sides ego. City have a reputation to protect and Liverpool have a point to prove that they're not reliant on Suarez in the big games.

Feorax

People will draw a lot from it but it could easily be a case of him simply being dropped after a poor performance. Liverpool are no longer in the situation of players always making the bench because of the small squad.

True, it just seems funny timing after reports in Italy claimed we'd agreed a loan move with Napoli with an option to buy.

Mirror reporting Jack Robinson to QPR for £1 million too. Shame the lad never quite kicked on like w thought he would, but he's still young, there's plenty of time.

L1NETT

Podolski and work rate

Nah son

Great left peg but he trudges about and contributes sod all to general play

Which wum wrote that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom